Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kudos Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudos to all the people that show up at Schild Mountain and tolerate me nuking them from above. You guys are all good sports, and I'm looking forward to finally getting killed one of these days. I just hope it isn't Qybox who does it... that'll really piss me off

Kudos also goes to Tamryn, and to a far, far lesser extent, Hano as well. Tamryn is a fun character who really RP's the whole Tormite thing really well, and Hano isn't bad at following in her wake.

...Ok, more seriously, I think they are both very real characters who do an absolutely amazing job at balancing their duties and their emotions, which is a hard thing to pull off with any level of believability. They both have such well defined personalities and what not, that it is always interesting to speak with one of them. Even if they'd rather kill me.

Final Kudos goes to Leaving Hope for rocking my socks, apparently.
    Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

• Kudos to everyone for going on with life, since I have not been on Sundren for a while. I know it is painful without me.
      Your friendly neighborhood drunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Kangleton View Post
        Final Kudos goes to Leaving Hope for rocking my socks, apparently.
        Damn straight!

But since this is the kudos thread, I suppose I need to throw out some kudos. Kudos to:

Qybox Quartzcore, for his interest in the Hands of Mundus
        Belmont, Dagger, and Thalia, for up-front financing
        Sean, for adding sexy hoods
        Hano, Sehron, and Nulinus, for roleplaying confinement like champs
        Karthus, for being a chaotic mofo
        Braghuru the Ice Hag, for awesome forums posts
        Elric, for showing his true colors

Comment

• Kudos and thanks to DM Entropy for the RP! Happy to make use of that space.
          Omnigalas Singul

Proud Owner of a Closed Greeting Thread

Comment

• Kudos to DM Dune, Cirion, and the others for the RP.
            Omnigalas Singul

Proud Owner of a Closed Greeting Thread

Comment

• Leaving Hope: For a very well described and interesting spiritual vision of the Crying God, and for the trial that led up to it.

Phantom Lamb: For always running interesting events, and somehow managing to accomodate 15 people at the same time.

Lauan: In that epic conversation last night, with you, me, and Yashia, I actually believed the emotion behind your character, and it made the struggle so intense. The moment Lauan said the word "hate", I almost gasped IRL. Hehe, great RP.

Yashia: For finally snapping and attacking Karthus, and making it an emotional and well RP'ed moment all the same.

Tanne: For having a player who is vegetarian.

Hano: He's a Paladin, and stuff.

Tamryn: For being a walking basket of Lore.
              Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Comment

• Right, I've been saving up for a while, so time to dump some kudos!

Hano Fetten: For being an interesting, textured depiction of a paladin that follows all of the old tropes we have about paladins, yet explores them in depth instead of just taking them at face value. Too often, people complain that lawful good characters can't be interesting, can't have conflicting motives or internal struggles, and are generally boring to play and play with. I'd point to Hano as proof to the negative. Well done!

Karthus El'than: For an interesting, almost alien character, who depicts the insane-high-wisdom bit the best of any that I've ever seen. It looks like insanity, but it's really working towards his ends... or is it? No one can tell, which is great. Also for being a great sport about all of the confrontations and attacks that come from drawing the server into conflict, which you've done an amazing job of.

Lauan Tissle: I usually get a bit OOC-annoyed at the "handicapped character trope" since such characters are often just comic relief and aren't actually given serious motives and conflict. Lauan brings all of the humor of a seven-year old in the body of a frenzied berserker, but her emotion is genuine and she goes far beyond what I see from most characters of this type. I'm really looking forward to seeing how she develops, even if Tamryn is worried about it. Great job!

[DEV] Sean: For being awesome, and giving us lots of neat stuff. And maybe lots more neat stuff? *shameless beg*

The Entire Bloody DM Team: deserves a special shout-out for the Cube plot. I have to admit, when I returned to the server my first reaction was 'oh, hey, look, yet another lost artifact plot! How very original and exciting! I think I'll take a nap.' However, from the very first few interactions, I could tell that this was something else entirely. You've taken a worn idea and made it new, with confusion and unclear motives and tension between allies and treachery and betrayal. I, the player, genuinely have no idea what's coming. And all of the events have helped Tamryn further grow, develop, and explore herself. This sort of thing is why I came back to Sundren, and you've not disappointed at all. Give yourselves a collective pat on the back, and keep the chaos coming!

Yashia, Sehron, and All The Other People I Have No Time To Write A Paragraph For: Your presence and unique characters are what makes the server live. Keep it up!
                Adama who was once called Adama Hrakness, sacred paw of Mielikki

Lihana Farrier, Paladin of Torm and noble dalliance

On Hold: Alandriel Ward, Actually a Vampire Groupie
                Retired for Good: Tamryn Jorandur, Hano's Wife and Conflicted Soul

Comment

• Wow, Raksha, that was a flattering Kudo. Thank you.

I now have more to add, since RP'ing Keth today:

Sariel: Chiangtao's character is a hilarious walking stereotype of the real-life "emo", down to the bangs that cover one of his eyes, and his teenage angst. It's hilarious. Furthermore, he taught me today (or rather, reminded me) that Half-Orcs are not generally accepted by the common folk, and he then led by example quite well when encountering Night Owl.

Night Owl: Again, Gamling shows a good character. Night Owl is just plain cool.

Dezra's Elf with a Long Name: I can't spell it unless I'm looking at it, but it starts with a "Th", and the character is an elf as an elf should be, in my opinion. Hates Orcs, likes forests, and does so without coming off as cheesy or repetitive.

Elusa: Thanks for all the barkskin, and for also taking the responsibility of leading the First Group in the recent development of the Cube Plot. It'll probably be a lot of work, but you handle it very well both IG and on the forums, and I'm excited to see where you take things.

Comment

• Time to get some Kudos on..

Hano and Tamryn, for as ever being well played and fun to interact with.

Cirion for allowing me to use him as a personal nemesis for Eira and putting up with all the sarcasm and nastiness she throws at him.

Yashia, for conversations on art, nudity and for helping Giacomo butcher some songs.

The Ice Hag, for giving Eira a moment of clarity and vision, and for being so damn cool.

Absolutely everyone who sat through the first telling of 'The Strangest Love I've known' as I made it up on the spot and had no idea where it was going and it went on for far to long. By letting me prattle on you helped flesh out a nice but weird history for Giacomo. Ta.

Finally, everyone who helped me battle through the Spittlefist hills with no other weapons than a spoon and stein. All in the name of entertaining a hin.
                    Eira Skald - Icy bitch.
                    Karsten Mannerheim - Idealist and murderer.
                    Vincent Hopkins - Witch Hunter and man of faith.
                    Aedan Gilter - Dreamer of broken dreams.
                    Henry L. Jones - Oh god, I can see forever.

Comment

• In no particular order:

Hano - for sharing my love of Naruto, Xenogears, and all things good in the world. I hate his character though. A paladin? Geez.

Tamryn - For consistently good goodness. And adapting to an event that none of us really knew how was going to turn out. I actually feel ashamed about Alyrian's actions. Shame on myself!

Omnigalas - for being my favorite PC Banite (where are all the rest of you?!), and excellent atmospheric RP.

DM Leaving Hope - for all the help in developing Alyrian's story further. I really wasn't sure what to do with him before the Ill'Koresh came along.

Richard - for joining the Navy.

The Ice Hag - Because I can't wait to see what kind of havoc she's gonna wreak when she's back in full force.

DM Mach - For putting player fun ahead of his own characters! Poor Malaclypse ...

Lauan - Because Phaedriel had fun trying to corrupt her.
                      Last edited by wangxiuming; 06-11-2008, 01:18 PM. Reason: Forgot people. I have terrible memory.

Comment

• I had tone of fun the past few nights, and I wanted to thank them.

Kangleton- For reasons that I should not say in public, unless I want him to eat my face.

Hano, Braghuru, Yashia, and a few others.- For having that heart racing confrontation in exigo.

DM LH- For providing me creepy men in the forest who can't start fires.

Machiavelie- Because people actualy thought I was a black guard with that armor you gave Nulinus.

Tring to remember a few others I should think.

Sehron and Yashia- For fun times with Lauan, you still stuck by her when it was rough.
                        Lauan - knight of Thay " I have no fear, and death is merely an inconvenience to me. I do not die until ordered to do so, I do not fall until every last bit of life has left me. I stand tall, proud, a Thayan knight."

Adeodatus Exitium -
                        "Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart, for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." — James Baldwin

Comment

• Cirion: for saving private Maximilian from the ogres, then later starting a war with the undead in the Necropolis.

Josiah: for blasting the heck out of hulks and blobs when we needed him.

Vamz: for always warning us about his "Lightning!"

Hano: for all the dialogue that really enhanced the whole experience, and for kickin ass.

Omnigalas: for being a reliable ally back in the day for a crusty old rogue, and then becoming a horrible enemy to a combat medic.

DM Taffy: for all the cool oozing blood monsters and making for a very smooth and satisfying battle.
                          Dahdmib Al Faruk: Whirling Ranger
                          Dordleton Grumplestout: Spelunker Gadgeteer
                          Shalika Ike: A Dark Woman with a Dark Past

Comment

• Kudos to Gamling for getting me into the chat again so I could mess with you guys again.
                            Your friendly neighborhood drunk

Comment

• Pyras/Lauan: For your initiation.

Halverton Explorers: For being sandwiched, and not doing anything stupid.

wangxiuming: For knowing school is more important.

Comment

• Cirion: for being a paladin that has his flaws (i.e. flirtatious with women and sarcastic to his enemies). i can't tell if being his friend will land me more enemies than friends *grin*. AND for going out of his way to rez me just because his PC would do it. the relationship between you and Katie is making me sick and enchanted at the same time.

Katie: your RPing is great and i can actually "see" your relationship with Cirion being more important than just gaining levels.

Vader: for the awesome kidnap event of Katie (titled in forum as "bound,gagged,..." or something like that.) despite there not being a DM, you made for a fun event even if we didn't get XP out it. you didn't know i had benign transposition, huh? *grin*

Max: for being a battle buddy of like mind. you've also saved my butt too many times.

DEV Sean: for "letting" me play test your new toys. even if it was just a freak accident in timing, i enjoyed getting to see your new "pets" (i.e. displacer beasts, carrion crawlers, basilisks, etc) after you released them to the wild. great job on all the custom content. i love all the new critters, spells, toys, etc.
                                characters:
                                Jos'iah Ithildurin - Semper, a guardian of Haldemar. "One should always be faithful"
                                Elijah - Warrior Mage and Legionairre of Sundren. "My axe and my magic will cleave you!"
                                Duskthorne - Bounty Hunter. "Every land needs a masked man to do the dirty work for them" (personal heroes: The Knight of the Flying Rodent and The Monk of the Arachnid Order)

Comment

Working...
                                X