Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kudos Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudos to everyone involved in that...Tery, Peridan, Seheren, The Butcher
    "Half the lies they tell about me aren't true."
    Yogi Berra

Learn things:http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
    http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Comment

• Yes, Kudos to a good Talassan. Makes me miss mine.

Comment

• Kudos to the development staff for the new ixis temple that I got to see with the test run, by far the coolest most fun (and annoying) dungeon on the face of all of NWN, HUGE kudos to you guys.
        My to-be toon:
        Shafiq Al-Mawt: Zakharan myrkulite.

My tomb of old toons:
        Cruven Schlachten - Blood Reaver of Garagos, Blackwood Company Elite, Hellstrom Head of Security
        Marcus Waynard- Horned Harbinger, fear his best bud Frank!... and Jim, Bob, Sue, and Jane...
        Davlamin Frostfoot - Frosty Snowflake, the Frozen Fist of Auril, sworn enemy of the Second Wind fire pit.

Click here to see the full image of my avatar, by Algido.

Comment

• I'm on my way out and I'm unsure if any of you have ever enjoyed roleplaying with my character Maia, but I know my experience on Sundren was enriched by roleplaying with several people amongst you.

These people know who they are, and there are too many names for me to want to iterate without being afraid I'd miss one. So, I'd like to say thank you to those I got to interact with at length. You're all awesome roleplayers.
          Maia Nanethiel ~ Moon Elf Female Ranger

Comment

• Kudos to Root for the short Dialogue between Helga and Toranos...I was impressed and Toranos was thrown for a loop
            "Half the lies they tell about me aren't true."
            Yogi Berra

Learn things:http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
            http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Comment

• Kudos to Atmosphere for a fun swashbuckling adventure on the high seas!
              "For here, apart, dwells one whose hands have wrought/ Strange eidola that chill the world with fear:
              Whose graven runes in tomes of dread have taught/ What things beyond the star gulfs lurk and leer.
              Dark Lord of Averoigne- whose windows stare/ On pits of dream no other gaze could bare!"

-H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

• I would like to say Kudos to Mixicata playing Anzhela Navikov. It was a very interesting night and some great RP. With Alexander never the less (Usually a stone wall) Great time I look forward to it again.
                Active Characters
                Hashart Datton- Marshal of the Black Hand
                Oliver Ironhide- Guardian
                Lynk Frost-Champion of Bane
                Dorin Hammond- Scout
                Seith Ronson- Master of War
                "A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
                Socrates
                sigpic

Comment

• Kudos to Atmosphere for allowing us to Sing "Im on a boat" during one of the events
                  "I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."-Winston Churchill

"A warrior is measured in sacrifice beyond death for he who rises not once but twice shall offer all those nearby you pay the price" Banite Hero

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/126/rwee.png <-- New home.

Ju'eir- http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/6286/sdfsdf.png
                  The power of the hunt.

Comment

• I wanted to give a BIG thank you to Chipmunk, The event you ran was VERY well done and executed. I was torn from one emotion to the next, be it laughing REALLY hard because people where scared of Anzhela or actually crying because of one little girl wanting a hug. So thank you for giving me something to actually do while the server was dead.
                    All is Fair in Love and RP ~ Mixicatia

Player ID: Mixicatia

Personallities:
                    Sari ~ Black Clad Sneak
                    Anzhela Novikov ~ Follower of Bahamut
                    Silana Flows ~ Pyro Red Wizard
                    Mixicatia Underfoot ~ Circus Acrobat/Dancer
                    Cytheria ~ Sexy Confused Blood Sucker
                    Ashilan'ka ~ Natural Hot Head

Comment

• My third day back on the server, and it was the most fun I've had in a while.

Kudos to DM Doubt for reminding me of the simple pleasures of fighting through a few waves of enemies.

There were two Paladin characters involved that I thought were very well played.

Kudos to Gram'pus, for playing up the veteran knight archetype (always one of my favorites, especially when done well).

Kudos to Gryffin, for playing up the young up-and-comer to Gram'pus veteran, and for the slightly boyish and gullible quirks.

Kudos to Claudius (and also a Welcome Back), for playing the absent-minded Wizard to a tee.

I don't know if either of the Paladins did a cursory "Detect Evil" on Aiden (my new character), but I found it kind of interesting that Gram'pus kept mentioning the scars on Aiden's soul, and telling him that "his heart was in the right place" and that sort of thing.

If that was a justification for dealing with an evil human, I think it was brilliant. People get caught up in the alignment issue in game, and they forget that most humanoids in the D&D multiverse always retain the capacity for change ("There's still good in him, I can feel it."), and even the most unrepentant bastard today might be willing to make the right decision tomorrow.
                      Active

Inactive

Cazen - A guy who "knows a guy..."
                      - Nights in Neverwinter (Cazen History)
                      - Back on the Street

Thrice-Cursed Ruslan - An outcast among outcasts
                      - Tales of a Foolish Brother (Ruslan History)

Comment

• *echos Jai V's sentiments* Curse you all for making me stay up and have fun *shakes fist*

Might I also add Aiden to the list as a very convincing returned soldier. Good Job.

Truth be told I had forgotten Paladins have detect evil (also I played too much ravenloft to consider the ability useful).

Gram'pus would seek to understand the Humanity and dignity of the person before the overall level of evil. Detect evil could cloud judgment through prejudice.

Humans are complex and so is good-evil, and a soldier returned from war with obvious trauma only clouds the issue further. was the evil committed as a product of the war? Gram'pus would prefer the ability to Detect Good and appeal to that side.

Certainly Aiden demonstrated Heroic actions holding off diabolical evil so the rest of the party could escape. Aiden may have had other motivations, but it wa squite a gambit either way, and perhaps it is a role that may appeal to the good in him however so small. And thus a seed may be planted.

It will be cool to find out!

And i gotta say I loved Claudius' Ferret. Your character's personality reminds me of a good friend of mine too. Look forward to more.

And Gryffens a Good lad isn't he. His progression will be one to watch.

Comment

• Participation in two events in one day...I don't think I've ever had that happen before (to me, I mean).

Kudos to Grinning Death. The narrative and affects in the Hills combined for a very eerie feel that, I'm not afraid to admit, had me feeling just a little paranoid for my character. It was all good fun and the pacing of the event seemed perfect.

Also Kudos to the player of Ivan Ironguts. Your dwarf was every stereotype I've ever known about a dwarf, including the greed (which is something you don't see very often in the way a lot of people play dwarves).
                          Last edited by Jai_V; 04-01-2011, 03:04 AM. Reason: I'm gettin' old
                          Active

Inactive

Cazen - A guy who "knows a guy..."
                          - Nights in Neverwinter (Cazen History)
                          - Back on the Street

Thrice-Cursed Ruslan - An outcast among outcasts
                          - Tales of a Foolish Brother (Ruslan History)

Comment

• Thanks to Grinning Death for the fun little event we did. It was unexpected and made for a great first night in Sundren.
                            I do enjoy a stereotypical Dwarf. Ivan was quite dismayed when you threw down your weapon. He was full of bravado until he realized he'd be fighting alone.
                            I've never encountered a character who would willingly throw down his weapons before. In hindsight it was probably the best decision and it made for an interesting turn of events. I look forward to encountering your character again. I'm lousy with names so I can't say what it was but I'll recognize it when I run into you again.

Comment

• Kudos to everyone around the fire last night: Gregnar Bloodaxe(I am really bad with names..) Both bedlams chars, Canus, Raistlin, and others. It was a shame I had to log so soon into Rugus and Canus's wild fish fry and goblin BBQ. Rugus looks forward to being able to hear voices besides the ones in his head more often now.

Edited. Because I suck at posting from my phone.
                              Last edited by Seheren; 04-01-2011, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• DM Doubt... Thank you! I was fortunate enough to participate in an event with Tery Mard, Brunus Ironbreaker, and Alexander Evenwood... *shout out to Canus who was there at the beginning.* Great fun folks!

It was more than an event. It was an epic story that had us moving from one location to another solving mysteries and fighting evil. Hats off to the wit, imagination, and outstanding role playing.

Where do I sign up for more?

Cheers!
                                Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X