Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kudos Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudos Thread

It has been stated in the past that a Kudos Forum will not be created for one reason or another, so instead I am starting this thread for the very same reason, which is to be able to congradulate good RP as it is seen.

This is not my thread exclusively, and anyone should feel free to post their positive experiences with others in order to give credit where it is due. DM's and players alike can be the subject of a post, the topic of which can be anything relating to a memorable experience in regards to Sundren. If someone in particular has made your experience on the server a better one, let them know it.

The purpose of this thread is to encourage a friendly atmosphere, and simply give people the ability and motivation to show their appreciation to others. This thread in no way is designed to promote elitism, favouritism, or exclusion of others, and everyone should keep that in mind. A mention in this thread is not a status symbol, and does not mean you are better or worse than anyone else.

With all of that said, I have Kudos to give, in no particular order.

-------------------------------------------

Oshala J'rein: Although I seem to enjoy all of this player's characters, Oshala stands out to me the most. She is so masterfully RP'ed in my opinion, that I almost want to be fooled by her disguises, just because they're that believable. The player has taken a lot of abuse by playing an evil character, and they have my deepest respect for being so tolerant, and such a good sport about it both IC and OOC. CharacterInWhite really deserved a shout out. Kudos.

Flip Lightheart: I like Gruulkuk as well, but Flip just blows me away. I spend my time consistantly laughing at my computer screen when I'm anywhere near him, simply because of the constant witty remarks and sarcasm. It kills me. Kudos.

Tamryn Jorundur: I don't really have a specific thing I like about Tamryn... she's just a well-played character with a rather unique character concept, and I suppose, if anything, I appreciate the occasional moral discussion. Kudos. Come back.

Maddock: He's a stupid, stupid gnome, but hey... things are always fun when Maddock is around. Kudos.

Marrs Masters: I like you because I hate you, and the server needs a little hate to keep things alive. And when you left Karthus bleeding on the ground, showing that last ounce of mercy... it just felt cinematic to me, and I enjoyed it. Kudos.

Z'huul the Mad: Apprentice of Dworkin the Great - I like this character. He's unique, interesting, and somewhat of a mystery to me. No matter how hard I try to pick him apart IC, I only ever have more questions, trying to understand the depth of him. Kudos.

Cadmus Runesmith: I've enjoyed the few moments that Karthus has spent with Cadmus, especially in regards to the events leading up to the formation of the Circle. The battle in the hotel, where he begged for me to leave and save myself... it was another cinematic moment for me. Kudos.

Deul Redwood: There are times when Karthus and Deul don't seem to get along, and then there are times when they seem to get lost in philisophical debate, and constructive discussion. Generally, I enjoy both varieties of encounters, and to answer your question, I do miss Deul once in a while. Don't tell. Kudos.

Igneous Black: Stubborn as a rock, which I guess actually makes sense. Then again, maybe its Karthus who's stubborn. Regardless, I like your interpretation of an Earth Genasi, and although I'm not quite familiar with the race, you make a great representation, in my opinion. Kudos.

Colas II: I'd congradulate you as a DM, Dune, but I very rarely ever see you online in the same area as me. However, I have recently seen you on your character, and I enjoyed it. Colas was, beyond a doubt, quite "special" and did indeed have an interesting story despite his claims to be as uninteresting as a baker's son, or some such nonsense. Very interesting character, despite how little I know of him. Kudos.

Tellesian: I just like making fun of you because you're an elf, and it leads to humorous banter. I haven't seen you in a while though. Come back. You're fun and stuff. Kudos.

[DM] Absolute: Your plots make things interesting. You provided one of the things the server really needed, in my opinion, which was justified conflict. The players needed to get away from the campfire, and have something significant other than small-talk going on in their agendas; you provided that. I'm glad I showed you the server. Kudos.

[DM] Mako: Stop making me embaress myself! <333

Generic Evil People: Anyone who plays an evil character gets a pat on the back from me. As it is, evil people have it harder than they should, and it takes a high tolerance level to even be able to consider attempting it. So, whoever makes the attempt and perserveres has not only my congradulations, but my thanks as well, because people like you make the server more interesting.

-------------------------------------------

I am absolutely certain that there are more people that I wanted to give notice to, but it is 3:56am, and to hell with mental effort. To those I'm forgetting at the moment, I apologize. To those not on the list as of yet, I hope to have more time to RP with you in the future to work on establishing some memorable moments.

Now everyone else, go forth and spread Kudos and such.
    Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

You forgot one person that I think needs recognition as well.

Karthus El'than!!!!! No matter how stubborn Igneous has been, and how much he argues, Karthus keeps trying to open up the Earth Genasi's mind to greater things. Karthus may have some of the greatest wisdom on the server, but to someone with very little wisdom and just high intelligence, he just looks like a nut. Its been fun just being around you. Igneous always needs someone to grumble at.
    Your friendly neighborhood drunk

Comment

You'll have to give me a while to really break it down to the pats I'll give out. Thanks, by the way, Kangleton.

I'll edit in my list later.

Edit: Here's the start.

The Ithildin? Siblings:Halfling Siblings that are cute and adorable. Always wanted to play some, got the chance to on Necrosis.

Karthus El'Than:Congrats. Besides wearing Full Plate, you're a great Druid. You know, the type that actively seeks balance rather than just tree hugging?

Cadmus Runesmith: For being a mature foe.

Igneous:Neato Earth Genasi guy. I like his tumbling effect with the voice.

Flip Lightheart:Sarcasm and hilarity ensues, no?

Drogan:For successfully evoking fear in me. Knowledge is power, and you're a little dink!

Fellow Sharrite Acolytes:
      Who shall remain unnamed for their own safety. Kudos for sharing the h4t3.
      Last edited by CharacterInWhite; 03-04-2008, 09:31 PM.
      You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word.
      ~Al Capone

Oshala Jr'ein ~the woman of a thousand (continuously recognized) faces.
      Aljd Gray
      ~"There are six people in this tavern!" The patrons look at Aljd. "...That's one less than seven."

Comment

I would like to extend my Kudos to everyone that is currently involved in Absolutes "Shard Storyline" It has been highly entertaining, and the roleplaying/character interaction has been remarkebly well done. Karthus, Deul, Igneous, Zhuul, Oshala, and the rest have left me smiling at my keyboard many a night.

I would like to give a big "Kudos" to the whole server. We have an extremely mature and involved population, and you make every night logging into Sundren a pleasure.
        Cadmus of Helm - Priest of The Vigilant One, watcher of the coming darkness.

Comment

Whatever happened to Mika Dronic? He was one of the first characters I rped with on this server, and he was awesome. Never saw him again after about the third time I logged in though :S perhaps Sam annoyed him off.
          Sammael Redstone - Country-raised sorceror, knows his drink

Comment

Chrinne Aerlin: I enjoyed the banter with Nathanius today. I was literally laughing out-loud on more than one occassion. If there are only going to be a certain amount of Ice Fury's allowed, I hope you get the part. Kudos.

Amnius: I love this character because of how much my character hates him. He's a smart-ass ladies man, and knows that he's talented. The kind of guy that steals your girlfriend, and while you're ready to punch his face in, he gives you a pointer on how to better approach the situation, as if thats what you need to hear in the given moment. He also made me laugh a lot. Kudos.
            Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Comment

Haha, thanks. Chrinne was fun to rp, but it made it so much better when I got to get into it with Nathanius. They argue like a married couple. How is it that our characters always get into arguments anyways? Anyways, I've gotta give you kudos for Nathanius too.

And I totally agree with your kudos for Amnius. The flirtatious characters are always fun, and he does it very well. Of course when he flirted with Chrinne, she only used that to piss Nathanius off even more.

Comment

Furthermore, on an unrelated set of Kudos:

Fizz and Brombus Ironfaar: I list them as one because I've only ever seen them once, and they were together, and were hilarious as a pair. Everything was a pun, a reference to some obscure joke, or a battle of wits. Although a lot of their topics verged on the possibility of being considered OOC, they masterfully stayed just within the boundary line, in my opinion, and made me piss myself in the process.

Comment

Upon hearing him whine and complain about people shitting on his porch and all those wierd analogies, I've decided to make something perfectly clear, and by it's nature, it deserves to be in this thread:

Saulus: In all honesty, I don't know how much I really like half of the things you do or say, but I'm a very strange, individualistic person, and we're both entitled to differences of opinion and character based conflicts, and such. With that said, regardless of all else, there is one indesputable fact that cannot be overlooked: You've offered this server to us at absolutely no cost of our own, dedicating what seems to be an incredible effort and determination to produce an amazing, unique Persistant World, and each and every one of us should be damn grateful.

Whether I have, do, or will see eye-to-eye with you on things... that doesn't matter. You will always have my immense respect for what you've provided to me and all other players, and I hope I'm speaking on behalf of everyone, because there isn't a single person that should disagree with me if they have spent a single moment on the server.

You have my thanks, and my congradulations on what you've managed to accomplish with your team. Kudos.

Comment

I've gotta give kudos to this one irritating little gnome on the server after getting into a DM event with him and Igneous.

Drogan Fittlefoot: Perhaps the most irritating thing that Igneous has ever helped out. He only seems to steal from people that will get very angry at him, and turn him into stone afterwards. It seems only his endless luck saves him from his constant mistakes.

Great job with this character! I love the RP with him.

Comment

This is, realistically, the last set of Kudos I'll be presenting for a while, based upon actual IG events. The following are sent out to some of the last things I witnessed on the server that deserve special notice:

Cadmus and Dagorn: I witnessed the fight, and although Nathanius didn't really understand what was going on, I certainly did, as the player of Karthus. The tension was thick, and I'm a sucker for a good PvP conflict with a good, solid RP background. This one had it all, and I was sitting at the other end of the computer screen wishing I was playing as Karthus, just so I could join in the drama. To top it off, there was even a story written about on the forums, which was also well done, and a great addition to an already interesting scene.

[DM] Raksha: The quest you ran for Nathanius was just a lot of fun, and I was always curious what I was going to end up seeing after the next turn of events. It was suspenseful, and entertaining for me as a player. The effort was greatly appreciated, and even more so because I know that you had been multitasking, and working from the top of your head with a subject you had said you weren't entirely familiar with, in addition to having a shorter time frame than you would have liked. You worked with it anyways though, and I just felt that such actions really deserved a special note. That quest was the last thing I did on Sundren, and it was a fitting conclusion for the time being. Thanks a lot.

And, on a seperate note, I saw something on the forums that I really admired, and have decided to mention:

Dark Presence and Leaving Hope: I don't have a clue what actually happened IG, but the posts in the Correspondence forum are so well written, and compelling, that now I'm actually interested to know the whole story. I like good writing, and I saw good writing. Kudos.

Comment

Going back awhile, Kudos to Dune for his little story about my Wizard's sick cat was most fun.

Quite how I managed to convince two people to battle through the Goblin Village, Orc fort and Stonegarb Caves for a cat is beyond me.
                        Peppington Merrifefferlis - Most learned scholar of the fine exalted institution that is Candlekeep, centre of all learning that is Arcane and magical in nature. Also loves cats.

Comment

Without even RP'ing with him in-game, really, I've already seen enough to want to pat him on the back.

Sparkeh's Gnome with a Funny Name: I just really like the way you portray the gnome with the cat. Metaphysical arguements, absurd comments, strange little quirks... it just makes me laugh, and its well done. Kudos.

Comment

Dune: Kudos for not being an ugly follower.

Comment

Originally posted by Kangleton View Post
                              Without even RP'ing with him in-game, really, I've already seen enough to want to pat him on the back.

Sparkeh's Gnome with a Funny Name: I just really like the way you portray the gnome with the cat. Metaphysical arguements, absurd comments, strange little quirks... it just makes me laugh, and its well done. Kudos.
                              Oh wow you just reminded me of the time Karthus convinced Peppington to accuse random people in the forest of being Necromancers. That was great fun, Kudos for that
                              Peppington Merrifefferlis - Most learned scholar of the fine exalted institution that is Candlekeep, centre of all learning that is Arcane and magical in nature. Also loves cats.

Comment

Working...
                              X