Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kudos Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive, Massive kudos to everyone involved in tonight's "River's Revenge"- Liana, Selas, Charoum, Bram, Brendig, Asim, Thresh and most especially Kyle. You are all beautiful, amazing players, and I swear I haven't laughed that much in ages. It is a true priviledge to RP with people like you.

To give a recap, it all started when Kyle decided he wanted to spar, and decided that River was in need of some exercize. She knew what the end result would be, but figured she'd do it, just for the hell of it. And it ended absolutely just like everyone knows it would. Then Kyle, being perfectly Kyle, declared thusly: "A valiant effort, but heart does not win the battle. Strength and Steel do". So River decided to show him how guile and deception can win the war. It started out with a "I'm going to tell Byrun that you beat me down like a dog. And that you truly harmed me" to "Oh gods, my spleen!" Kyle actually drags her to the undertaker Selas to be healed (she was, of course, in perfect health). And then Bram quips in with "Kyle I hope you didn't hurt the baby!" Never one to pass up an opportunity, River dives at it and next thing you know, Kyle is negotiating the cost of his own coffin with Selas, Because Byrun is surely going to kill him. Eventually, Brendig comes along, and suddenly he's in the game, offering his spiritual mumbo jumbo and babblings in Celestial for a bit, then proclaims that not only did Kyle murder the unborn Hellstrom Heir, but... the damage was too great, and River would never conceive again- All while Kyle was shouting "But I didn't even hit her in the stomach!"

Honestly, it was beautifully played by everyone... and Kyle? You're completely amazing, every single time. Much kudos, and much love, y'all. <3
    River Swift

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

"Nothing says "I matter" quite like having a price on your head" -Sandro

Comment

• +1 To Thresh for some good philosophical discussions. Those are rare and a joy for me.

+1 To Skaald Silvermane for a genuinely interesting and well-thought out character.
      "For here, apart, dwells one whose hands have wrought/ Strange eidola that chill the world with fear:
      Whose graven runes in tomes of dread have taught/ What things beyond the star gulfs lurk and leer.
      Dark Lord of Averoigne- whose windows stare/ On pits of dream no other gaze could bare!"

-H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

• A huge shout out to the Viridale Patrol - Thrawen (nattfrost), Julia(Grey-Moth), Du'pre(GuruNation), Duma(Jdmoor), and Maverick(Chiangtao). You made the evening entertaining, fun, and constantly eventful. A special mention to Myth'avin for being a creepy awesome stalker.
        Active
        Reinamar Stormseeker - The bladestorm that must turn back the wind. Arkerym of The People, practitioner of the forgotten art, pariah.

Tyler Penleigh - Obligatory author insert, Red Blade Defender, sarcastic jerk, caring brother, loving fiancé, war criminal.

Retired/Dead
        Eirimil Gaelazair (Dead)- Bitter. Caustic. Abrasive. Egocentric. Probably right. Found dead in the burned-out Viridale forest a few weeks after the survivors were able to sweep the area after the Bloodmaim offensive. Aside from his usual attire, an intricate music box was the only thing in his possession.

Comment

• Fun stuff from Nora Windwood. +1
          "For here, apart, dwells one whose hands have wrought/ Strange eidola that chill the world with fear:
          Whose graven runes in tomes of dread have taught/ What things beyond the star gulfs lurk and leer.
          Dark Lord of Averoigne- whose windows stare/ On pits of dream no other gaze could bare!"

-H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

• Would like to thank DM Doubt for a great event today and to everyone else who was able to make it!

Dwarf power!!!

Comment

• Aye! Such an epic journey...it still is difficult to process it all.

Many Kudos to all who participated and especially Doubt for staying up late to DM for us.

Comment

• Doubt is pure champion... 3 hour hour overtime! Dude is a star. My head is still reeling from all that transpired.

Comment

• Just heard back from the Dwarven grapevine. Sadly I lost connection and couldn't relog for some reason at the big moment. But thank you to Doubt for the early morning finish.

Comment

• And no one perma died! I think I mist have been tired and off my game.

Thanks to everyone who took part and suffered my ministrations.
                    It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                    Sydney Smith.

Comment

• Suffered? Whole thing was a pleasure, start to end. :P

And I extend those kudos to the whole party. Thanks for letting a neurotic elf travel in your wake, and be part of the fun!
                      I can't tell you enough how happy I am to escape.

Comment

• I for one really enjoyed having Thresh along. Kudos to a fun character.

Comment

• Kudos to Maverick Bell for a really fun and enjoyable player quest in the Mirakus Mines!! Really cool to see an average player just do a quest by themselves.
                          "The world has changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost. For none now live who remember it." - Lord of the Rings: Galadriel.

Merin Millhouse - Local minstrel
                          Rubert Renin - Wizard of little note
                          Barathos Daneer - Ranger of the Viridale.

Comment

• Kudos to Atmosphere for running a great event tonight and all the other unfortunate Blackwoods there. It was definitely an important turn of events for Harra. ^^
                            Harra Mattan: Palemaster who ripped people's guts out for practical reasons. RIP.

Comment

• Thanks to Atmos for a fun event!
                              River Swift

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

"Nothing says "I matter" quite like having a price on your head" -Sandro

Comment

• my only regret is that I didn't get to eat river's finger.

kudos to those who exercised patience. its not always easy dming a large party
                                "You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

Comment

Working...
                                X