Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tonight - Death System Overhaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Infernal_Havok View Post
    That might be true but the rules do not say you can do that. So its best to follow the rules eh?

Once again PLEASE READ:

http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2786
    Read carefully again Infernal, actually what I'm talking about is entirely allowed within those. Consider particularly the first part. All that's required is IC warning and that the player be set hostile. I always give IC warnings, set hostile, and give people a way out (hasn't always been true, ie; in the case of various assassination attempts, but that was with prior OOC consent). I'm not even involved in much PvP. I'd say you need to read them again and pay attention more carefully. They actually state that no OOC consent is required, and that if people want avoid conflict they should do it ICly.

Threatening to kill someone unless they leave three times is actually obtaining consent for PvP under those rules as long as they don't leave.
    I got one leg missin'
    How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
    Meet the Feebles

Comment

Originally posted by Machiavelli View Post
      I didn't kill them because they were evil, I killed them because they were Chaotic-stupid-evil. Surely you know the type Rhifox. People declaring "I serve Talos!" then throwing about a lightening bolt and going on about the storm lord. As far as I'm concerned with my current character, they get a couple of warnings then that's it. If people behave like morons, I can't see why they shouldn't be penalised. Hopefully they might be a bit more fearful of death with the token system and not do this sort of thing. It's not common, but it does happen on occasion.

But you have to understand... They don't think they are being "Chaotic Stupid". There has to be a limit on PVP otherwise everyone will want to do it on "moderate" or "easy" guy "To teach them a lesson". I also think players never ever have the right to PVP someone and cause them to miss out on game time which could be hours or days before they can get back IG. That is a DM job not a player's responsibility to moderate who the bad rp'er is. If you have a problem PM a DM on DM channel telling them:

"HEY, This player is being an idiot saying he killed a village of woman and children for sacrifice to his most evil and vile god"

DM: *Smiles wickedly and takes out his ban stick* Really?

"Yeah he is in the Viridale as we speak"

DM: "Be right there"

Idiot player gets squashed... End of story. No griefing its anonymous its easy and its done by the book. That is much more simpler than doing it yourself and having the dead player Spam chat you too death on why shit shouldn't of happened.
      Currently playing:

Thalissa spellsword of Red Knight: "Flank, Flank!!"

Talia Callahan: "What te fuck are ye lookin at!!?" Spits

Caldur the Grey Doomguide to Kelemvor: "The trouble with youth is that you think you have time."

Comment

Idiot player gets squashed... End of story. No griefing its anonymous its easy and its done by the book. That is much more simpler than doing it yourself and having the dead player Spam chat you too death on why shit shouldn't of happened.
        I've never griefed anyone or broken the PvP rules! I've been playing here a long time and always kept track of and followed said rules. The examples I gave above fall well within them. Not marginally within... waaayyyy within. Check the rules again and you'll see that. Besides, there's no reason that DMs should have to resolve what is, in the end, an IC conflict (however silly it is). Once again, you should re-read the rules link you posted! I know what you're saying, but I think you've missed something there
        I got one leg missin'
        How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
        Meet the Feebles

Comment

Offiicial Apology!

Sorry, got lured totally off topic!

I actually pretty much agreed with what Havoc wrote for the most part about .subdual being a PvP default but it turned into a rules discussion!

Havoc; I largely dig what you're saying and it was a good thing to raise, the derailing was my bad.

*looks bashful*
          I got one leg missin'
          How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
          Meet the Feebles

Comment

Originally posted by Machiavelli View Post
            I've never griefed anyone or broken the PvP rules! I've been playing here a long time and always kept track of and followed said rules. The examples I gave above fall well within them. Not marginally within... waaayyyy within. Check the rules again and you'll see that. Besides, there's no reason that DMs should have to resolve what is, in the end, an IC conflict (however silly it is).

Exactly, but before players didn't lose xp for PVP deaths nor do they have to sit out for hours because they don't have anyone that will spend the money and equipment to rez them. It is much much more serious now Mach. And I understand that there are things that PVP just calls for but I do not like knowing that I just fucked someone OOC on their playtime because it was legit IC.

And it will turn into an OOC thing if someone wants to spout a bunch of Vile crap because you took away their chance to play their character in the time they had to play. I have a conscious about causing someone else misery, maybe others don't but we should be a little sensitive in this because, again the rules are much much harsher.

***EDIT ALL COOL NO ARGUEMENT HERE THANKS MACH FOR NON OUTWITTING ME LIKE YOU DO TO EVERYONE ^_^
            Currently playing:

Caldur the Grey Doomguide to Kelemvor: "The trouble with youth is that you think you have time."

Comment

Exactly, but before players didn't lose xp for PVP deaths nor do they have to sit out for hours because they don't have anyone that will spend the money and equipment to rez them. It is much much more serious now Mach. And I understand that there are things that PVP just calls for but I just like to know that I just fucked someone OOC on their playtime because it was legit IC.
              I know what you're saying, but that should make them think twice about whether they ought to walk away from a situation where PvP has been clearly threatened. It falls into the fear of death thing that this is designed to create. If they're meant to fear death from a Gnoll, why shouldn't they fear it from a Dwarven spellsword who has threatened to disembowel them? Other players are as much of a threat (and more) than any monster. If people invite PvP, they have only themselves to blame.
              I got one leg missin'
              How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
              Meet the Feebles

Comment

Its just me, but I rather not flatten someone and let them face harsh penalties. If I can flatten them in sub dual and get my point across just as clearly.

I rather coach said player to be a better player than they already are not make them feel like they did something wrong.

But... yes some players just don't get it and are not here to rp and are here to cause suffering to others for a variety of mental issues they have IRL. Those players I report to a DM and hope that they get observed for their behavior and banned. If they are banned I feel vindicated that I helped the community get rid of a problem not cause another one for myself.

But we just have a different way of seeing things and I understand where your coming from as well.
                Currently playing:

Comment

Hehe, I dig what you're saying. But I figure that sort of behaviour on their part isn't actually breaking the rules, and DMs have plenty on their plate without needing to look into this stuff. If they get stung in an IC RP type way, maybe they'll reconsider their methods for spreading mayhem and destruction in the names of their evil deities (which I'm all for! )
                  I got one leg missin'
                  How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
                  Meet the Feebles

Comment

haha.. Believe me when it comes to perm'ing a bad character concept or penalizing bad RP. DMs are always happy to accommodate, they also will surely take pleasure in banning a person that has ill will towards them and other players as well. I've seen it done many times here and they were all justified.

TOTALLY OFF TOPIC.. Please give me an infraction, I know I deserve it.
                    Currently playing:

Comment

awesome changes. thumbs up!

people will complain a lot about it, once it has been active for a while

Comment

This change is awesome. Very much makes death a more serious thing, which it should be.
                        Sacrifice everything as the final darkness falls... in the end, all that awaits you is death. Only then will you understand - you've been following in my footsteps all along.
                        So come then, you heroes! Come in all your power and glory! For in the final hour, all must serve the one... true... king.

Comment

Oh boy, the server is rebooting for it!
                          Names Taallic.

Only time can save the world now.
                          Immortality is your last hope.
                          For my existence to be true, Hell's Fire must burn hotter than Heaven's Cold Gates can stand.

Comment

So, this is what i gathered, from this entire journey through 8 pages of reading this.
                            1. If you have the get out of death free card, your alright! If not, your screwed, especially if someone just PvP'd you, took your corpse, and dropped you in the middle of no where. So, if no one comes around to raise you, or finds you at all. Well, thanks for spending 3 months on that character for nothing.
                            2. Raise/Rez- you loose xp. . like real DnD
                            3. These wigits cant be transferred, nor bought, what you got is what you got.
                            4. Diamonds are now the crystalized crack for clerics.
                            5. Clerical raising isn't NEARLY as good as it used to be, due to the addition of Diamonds needed.
                            6. Holy Poop on a pole! I need diamonds to carry this poor SOB!

That seem about right? Its promoting people to not going exploring anymore? Alright, i wasn't happy that there was little to no xp loss, but this might be getting ridonkulous! Pera-dead after 3 than? h, might be reconsidering a couple things here than.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark__Soul View Post
                              So, this is what i gathered, from this entire journey through 8 pages of reading this.
                              1. If you have the get out of death free card, your alright! If not, your screwed, especially if someone just PvP'd you, took your corpse, and dropped you in the middle of no where. So, if no one comes around to raise you, or finds you at all. Well, thanks for spending 3 months on that character for nothing.
                              2. Raise/Rez- you loose xp. . like real DnD
                              3. These wigits cant be transferred, nor bought, what you got is what you got.
                              4. Diamonds are now the crystalized crack for clerics.
                              5. Clerical raising isn't NEARLY as good as it used to be, due to the addition of Diamonds needed.
                              6. Holy Poop on a pole! I need diamonds to carry this poor SOB!

That seem about right? Its promoting people to not going exploring anymore? Alright, i wasn't happy that there was little to no xp loss, but this might be getting ridonkulous! Pera-dead after 3 than? h, might be reconsidering a couple things here than.
                              That's the point of it. Too many people who don't take death seriously. Essentially what you just said is "I know I'm going to die by the way I play, so this system is going to screw me over." Your reaction is exactly what we want "I don't want to die!"

Comment

I'm still waiting for people to notice DMs can raise them <_< >_> I guess that doesn't mean anything to people cuz they think DMs will leave them dead for a year or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X