Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feedback - What do you think of people's RP writing?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seconded! Your entries are always lovely crow, and that one made me sniffle again in recollection.

Comment

The character would be nothing without amazing RPers like you guys. Thank you for the kind words. =)
      "For here, apart, dwells one whose hands have wrought/ Strange eidola that chill the world with fear:
      Whose graven runes in tomes of dread have taught/ What things beyond the star gulfs lurk and leer.
      Dark Lord of Averoigne- whose windows stare/ On pits of dream no other gaze could bare!"

-H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

*raises his fist an shouts* Death to all bloodsuckers! They shall burn in hell! Burn bloodsucker! Burn!

Comment

Burn the heretic! Kill the mutant! Purge the unclean!

.... naw, but love your writing! :3

Blood for the blood god.

Comment

Time to revive this!

Foogoo, roguethree, and Nyssis I very much enjoy the rp posts you have made, and I demand moar.

And Kasso, I very much enjoy the letters home from Anasath.

And as a side note, I have to chuckle at what I assume is a type Dave Fritz from your rp post, that Tery "drinks Murin's health." Because it made me think of him being a vampire.
            Olivia Kimaris - Paladin of Lathander and Knight of the Northern Watch
            Diary of Olivia

Originally posted by Cornuto
            Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Originally posted by OnyxTigress View Post
              And as a side note, I have to chuckle at what I assume is a type Dave Fritz from your rp post, that Tery "drinks Murin's health." Because it made me think of him being a vampire.
              Actually, it's not. It's another way of saying "Toasts Murin" or "drinks a toast to Murin."
              Cheers,
              Dave
              ================
              Tery Mard

Comment

Oh I know the meaning of it, but it's supposed to be that you toast TO Murin's health.
                Olivia Kimaris - Paladin of Lathander and Knight of the Northern Watch
                Diary of Olivia

Originally posted by Cornuto
                Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Originally posted by OnyxTigress View Post
                  Because it made me think of him being a vampire.
                  I'm sure it did. Those vampires are probably just waiting for the chance to drink Murin's health.

They'll tire of abducting innocent young maidens soon enough, and seek Murin out for his high alcohol content. Nowhere is safe, it seems.

Comment

I am enjoying Peridan's Nobody posts. More please.
                    Ashard Velmont - Gentleman scoundrel
                    Ryland Padant - A dedicated soul

Comment

Due to the branch of magic that I've had the more-commonly used of my characters utilize, I admit I've really enjoyed The Diary of a Necromancer posts done by InflatableFriend. Been a short while since I've visited the forums due to me moving back to Germany at the end of leave, but Samak has made a move to mention an additional possibility added to the last posting. :P

5. The Vagabond

In the wartorn lands of Sundren, one hardly needs to search hard for a viable spot for the practice of Necromancy. A few spell components and an odd bone or two are quite sufficient. Why nail yourself to one spot? Why impose limitations based on one small, secluded region? If your goal is secrecy, a bird in flight is harder to shoot down than one perched. If your goal is resources, it is easier to move yourself to the abundance of formerly-living material beneath every scrap of dirt than unearthing them and dragging the load to some distant locale. Without manacling oneself to a single base of operations, a wily necromancer can instead use the liberated time to follow alternative pursuits (for example, investigating issues which your order would probably prefer to see resolved).

The type of individual that follows this route will likely eschew the baggy and utterly-inefficient (and constantly catching-on-protruding-objects) black robes expected of a practitioner of the "dark arts" for something more suitable for a life on the road. A solid pair of boots and a weatherproof cloak are the only shelter one truly needs. If you happen to be the type that becomes squeamish at the thought of a little dirt under your fingernails, this manner of life is probably not for you. However, if you're the sort to grab life by the horns (and don't mind walking a short distance in order to do so), the many roadside ditches in the realm have all the shelter one may possibly require.
                      "I know that kind of man, it's hard to hold the hand of anyone, who is reaching for the sky just to surrender." ~ Leonard Cohen, The Stranger Song

Samak Nerinide - Professional vagabond, arcane investigator, and expert drunkard.
                      Ripentare - Living, breathing, Create Greater Undead, seeking the riddle of steel.
                      Wylks Meshrunner - Self-proclaimed magehunter and former sky-pirate of Halruaa.

Comment

I've been reading a few of the posts and noticed a distinct trend. Rather than dwell extravagantly on the negative, I'd like to compliment a couple. The tales of Johanna are fun to read and give a wonderful view into the side of her character that is quite playful. The Diary of a Necromancer is dark..and could be darker, (if I were asked...which I wasn't. *laughs*) and offers a bit of a left-handed look at what 'it-should-have-been' or perhaps a look at a different view without altering anything.

Now, as for the trend; I have noticed fewer stories of characters as I look back on the earlier posts within Sundren. I really enjoy those stories; the little peep through the windows of their lives to watch vicariously as they go about their business so unaware. It adds so much depth, and peels away at the superficiality that is so difficult to penetrate in a medium that only allows text and the actions of a character, often without motive. Of course, perhaps it isn’t so different from our real lives in that respect, after all.

Well, so much for my soapbox. So to those who take the extraordinary amount of time it takes to post the brief glimpses into your character’s life....thank you so very much. I enjoy each word and learn from what you write…and how you write it.

Sunset Fallow

Comment

Originally posted by Sunset Fallow View Post
                          The tales of Johanna are fun to read and give a wonderful view into the side of her character that is quite playful.
                          Thank you very much for your kind words. I'll be entirely honest: people often say they write for themselves. I don't, and I'm very, very glad people are both reading and enjoying what I put up there.

Reading your tiny little comment just made me resolve to write another entry this afternoon. It's amazing how much inspiration and energy a compliment can give?

Along those same lines I want to give a shout out to a few people:

Foogoofish writes a staggering amount, and while one would expect sheer quantity to at some point come at loss of quality, it really doesn't. Amazing work, and always a joy to read.

After interacting in-game with Doc Snyder, I did a little search to see if something journal-y had been written. It was a delightful little read, and gave a cool backstory to the person I'd just interacted with. Awesomely enough, not much later, Chiangtao updated the thread with a new entry! It's really cool work, I recommend it.

I've also been really enjoying the works by Sunset Fallow, if you haven't read "The Ineffable Quality of Being", you're really missing out.

...and I'm only now realizing that Sunset Fallow is the same one I'm responding to. Haha! So right back atcha!

- Sypthe
                          Johanna Patson:"Take a chance! All life is a chance. The man who goes farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare."
                          (Original quote by Dale Carnegie)
                          Krystl - Undefeatable

Ranahlee: Perpetually Perplexed.

Sylvain Enoic: Young paladin of Tyr.
                          ---------
                          Stalking on the mountains, clutching a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Sypthe! And they give a vengeful bellow:"I'm going to hump you so thoroughly, you will drink poison and piss honey!"

Comment

Thanks It's always great to get feedback! I do need to relate it more to events in game rather than just necromantic sarcasm.

Sypthe is right with her shout outs, Foogoofish's journals are great, as are Chaingtao's and Sunsets. Chocolate Radios reports from Samak are also a great read, it's really fun to see events from the game get expanded on on the forums.

Peridan and Tamha also write great stories. Well worth reading.
                            The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Comment

Sunset Fallow, Sypthe, Chiangtao, Chocolate Radio, Tamha, Foogoo and previously Nyssis who has written some beautiful stuff!

I wish I had the creativity, patience and presence to write some good RP stuff but sadly it all but dissappeared in my teenage years.
                              Originally posted by roguethree
                              If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Thank you for the kind words! I am my own worst critic and think my work is terrible most of the time, so it really means a lot to see that others enjoy my efforts.

In no particular order, I always enjoy the writings of: Sypthe (Johanna Patson,) Standur Grownd (Ryland Padant,) Peridan (Daniel Nobody,) Roguethree (Dain Tornbrook,) Nyssis (Lasvi Norreitryn,) and Kasso (Anasath Zesiro.) I haven't gotten caught up on some of the newer works by Chiangtao, Tamha, Sunset Fallow, and Inflatable Friend, but I'll make it a point to do so (instead of doing work while at work!)

Everyone who writes, regardless of his or her motivations, helps enrich the roleplay we all love here. So keep writing, everybody!

Comment

Working...
                                X