Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feedback - What do you think of people's RP writing?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the kind words.

Comment

And your character is...?

So, as I sit and bathe in the transient glory of seeing my name in digital ink associated with such kind words, I dream of fame and endless RP adventures...well, sorta.

But, then, I ask myself..."Self...you have no character they know...is it always to be such?"

"Well, no...not quite. It is, and I tell you this in the strictest confidence...*wink wink*, a mystery."

"Such an obvious tease...no one will care for your little misery..."

"Mystery, ignorant child...I knew your INT was low...you didn't invest any points in it, did you?"

Sadly, he looks at the ground, obviously quite embarassed. "Well, no...I wanted a STR and CON bigger that all hells creation, so....I made him huge, stupid and really, really ugly." He sighs, awkwardly aware of his classic blunder, the most famous of which is never get involved in a land war in Asia. ((Gods, I love that movie. *laughs*))

"Yes, I realize that some will begin to wonder...'She writes all this drivel, so where is this character?"

"I said that..."

*Menacing glare*

"As I said...mystery, idiot child."

"Ignorant..."

"Whatever"

((I do have a character I play...not the one in this story. I do hope to make this character, but it'll be a bit. A time and place for all things...or so they say.

And thank you for the words. As you have said, I write for myself, but more so I imagine in my little world that a few read my words. It makes the writing so much more as I share. And as for those who also write...you know the joy of which I speak....and I see the beauty in the passion of your words. Thank you!))

Comment

I appreciate knowing that people are reading and enjoying my writing, thanks for the kind words and recommendations!

I've been enjoying reading works by Seheren, Chiangtao and InflatableFriend recently, and parts at least of Standur's works, and I read all of R3's thread for Dain, all of which I have enjoyed! I will definitely make time to read some of the other threads recommended here as well.

Lastly I want to say well done to everyone that puts their work up here for the rest of us to read. I know for me at least it takes a little bit of guts to put yourself out there, but it's satisfying to both read what is shared, and to know others are reading what you've posted.
        Presea De'Ombre - Fist of the Broken
        Darcy Lothara - Lost Soul
        Miyu Suhayl - Defender of Beauty
        Bryna Ulric - Dark Priestess
        Merry Swiftblade - Swashbuckling Tailor

Comment

I find myself utterly addicted to I Am Owed This by Nwilmen and Blurry. The dual perspective of the same story is intriguing, and you both write very well. More please!

Comment

Originally posted by FoogooFish View Post
            I find myself utterly addicted to I Am Owed This by Nwilmen and Blurry. The dual perspective of the same story is intriguing, and you both write very well. More please!
            I am going to wholeheartedly second this!
            Ashard Velmont - Gentleman scoundrel
            Ryland Padant - A dedicated soul

Comment

I feel that Yevelian's post about Tigen deserves some kudos! I enjoy knowing the thoughts of characters, and it was very nice to know the feelings he had over the death of someone who had such an impact on Kirk.
              Originally posted by Satoshi
              Boobs > You. Cornuto: 0 Cat: 1
              Originally posted by Cornuto
              Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Originally posted by Catastrophe View Post
                I feel that Yevelian's post about Tigen deserves some kudos! I enjoy knowing the thoughts of characters, and it was very nice to know the feelings he had over the death of someone who had such an impact on Kirk.
                Agree wholeheartedly! Yev did a wonderful job and I hope to gain more insight into the character in the future.

Comment

Thanks guys. I just don't have a lot of time to devote to it, but I'll make more of an effort going forward.
                  [COLOR=Black][COLOR=Blue][I][B]Landristin Ly[/B][/I][/COLOR][I][B][COLOR=Blue]onstongue[/COLOR][/B][/I]: Ancient, Child of Colibrus. Advisor of Colibrus, Emissary of Sestra, Magistrate of Sestra.

-[I]Not fond of morning walks on the beach.[/I]
                  [/COLOR]

Comment

I'm greatly enjoying the collaboration between Wangxiuming and Nyssis with A Package for a Jackal. It's... cringe-inducing in a way that makes me want to be a fly on the wall. Is it wrong that I want there to be more gifts?

Cmosier's Sleepless Nights as well as The Noble Path are both good reads, too! (Although, I must say that there's not enough "War Eagle" in them for my tastes.)

Comment

Why Emmi. Why.

Nyssis deserves the kudos though; I just had to send gross stuff, Lasvi actually had to react. And somehow even though I was the one who was sending the gifts, her writing made the package recovery super tense and nerve-wracking. Many props!

Also many props to cmosier for Sleepless Nights. Really good read.

AND! I recently discovered Peridan's treatise on Assassination. Must-read for any sneakster!

Comment

Working...
                      X