Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Almight Red View Post
    , am I the only one that gets the feeling that they want people playing munchkin warmachines?
    You're only a munchkin if you don't RP the class to your full ability.

As for the whole thing, as low-magic-melee type I essentially resign myself to being utterly dependant on landing a Knockdown before the opponent caster can cast a single spell, and being able to get them whilst they're unbuffed. That, or being able to Grapple them, which is fun to no end.

Favoured Souls won't benefit much from this, unless they're packing both high Wisdom AND Charisma.

All in all, it just adds to the list of 'I-win' spells that was already long enough. A high level Cleric can already defeat pretty much any non-magic-user just by firing off Etherealness and then buffing themself into a demi-god.

Same as a Wizard can just Bigbeeeeez most things.

Name of the game is first strike when it boils down to it. If a caster is able to get a single spell off, chances are you're screwed. (Etherealness, Bigby's Pwning Hand, and now Implosion). Hence my tactic when someone acts hostile is to get right in their face, set hostile to start with, and hover my hand over my Knockdown hotkey (or just grapple them), knowing that if I give them any chance they're going to cast an I-win.

I can't help feeling sorry for the Rogues, most of all.

I kind of feel this devalues Druids as the best offensive divine casters, though. The only comparable spell they have is Mass Drown, which leaves the targets alive with 10% HP, and dosen't have a +3 DC buff.
    Running across the mountains, attacking with an oversized scalpel, cometh Helga Great-Wyrm! And she gives a mighty bellow:
    "Brace yourself, oh human speck of dust! You are made of meat and I am very hungry!"

Comment

Druids can turn into Dire Bears and grapple, no?
      Maia Nanethiel ~ Moon Elf Female Ranger

Comment

You cannot use any feats while shapeshifted, so no.
        sigpic
        Gravity is a myth; Earth just sucks.

>>> Flame Warriors! <<<

Comment

Updated OP, +3 DC bonus on implosion has been removed.
          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

i rarely like to try and comment on things of this nature but i do have one slight recommendation for everyone.

take a deep breath, calm down, and use that little brain of yours to find loopholes. most of the time, if you make a DM request, and smack around the staff enough. things get done. however they only get done by using that brain of yours, and thinking outside the game engine. Every PC has a weakness, you just have to learn it, and use it against them. if you can't use their weakness through the engine, its probably a character flaw. if you need help, ask for it! nothing out there is a god... but the DMs

back on topic. thanks for removing that DC bonus, and somehow being two levels lower than Iosolde and she used Implosion on me I survived... not sure how... damn damage thing was moving to fast but i did, that spell did nothing to me... then again i resisted alot of her spells as she resisted mine. but that damn death knight WTF pwnd me with its base 22 power attack smite good AB. so... Cheers!

Comment

OP updated.
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Im just going to have a really high fortitude save so there! ;p

A druid in a high con form with superior resistance and greater fortitude can easily resist an implosion attempt ~ although his summoned animals might not..
                People are talking about this as though the DC actually matters! the beauty of the D20 is that you can be a level 1 rogue and still resist a epic character 5%-6% of the time.
                Last edited by Thief Of Navarre; 07-25-2010, 07:47 AM. Reason: Meh, mistakes mistakes
                Originally posted by roguethree
                If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Working...
                X