Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just tested it, Implosion does get past Shadow Shield as well.
    The poetry that comes from the squaring off between;
    and the circling is worth it, finding beauty in the dissonance.

Comment

Originally posted by Machiavelli View Post
      Does the change also encompass Shadow Shield?
      I think the point is that Implosion is no longer considered an instant-death spell, as all it does is open a magical vortex. The vortex isn't necessarily in anything, but, generally, it's targetted to be inside you.

It's not Death magic, it's more...What, Conjuration?

Comment

Evocation

Comment

Ripping a hole in the fabric of the Universe to create a temporary, miniature black hole at a designated location certainly fits Evocation.

Comment

I have never used this spell and do not have it on any character past or present. It mostly affects other casters, so now when they cast deathward on themselves they aren't immune to every instant death spell. My FB gets deathless frenzy though that doesnt last long, so it really doesnt matter much there. I dont think the change is necessary, but I certainly dont see any reason it cant be tested. If the staff sees it as too much of a problem it can be changed.

Comment

I'm sure I'm going to cause the ire of someone with this comment... :|

Oh well I'll just say it anyway.

This is a consequence of a low magic world, with high level casters. That's not gonna change if you stick to the PnP spell rules.

Comment

I have used it and I like it!!! *spams implosion on your face*lol

Comment

Originally posted by Zoberraz View Post
                  According to the SRD: Str +6, Dex +4, Int +2, Wis +2, Cha +4.

Vampirism doesn't seem to be that great a contributor, though it does validate the use of a Periapt of Wisdom +6. But... wasn't Sundren a low-magic server even then?

*shudder*
                  Don't ask about DCs. I honestly believe something's wrong with how NwN2 does the math for certain spells: A level 20 wizard with a +8 INT modifier, Spellcasting Prodigy and Greater Spell Focus Abjuration will have a DC of 39 on his Dismissal spell, which is a level 5 spell. However, his DC on the 7th level Banishment spell will be 28.

Dismissal: DC 10 + 2 + 5 + 8 + 1 = 39
                  Banishment: DC 10 + 2 + 7 + 8 + 1 = 28
                  Something's obviously wrong in Dismissal's math.

However I did the test with a Cleric and Implosion, with the same stats, and it gives me a DC 33. Which means it's really just the random +3 that has no place there. As a side note, if Clive started with 18 wisdom or if he's Epic, the 35 DC adds up. The only thing about this DC really is the +3.
                  Raman Aseph - Runescarred Berserker
                  http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.php?title=Raman_Aseph

Comment

Originally posted by Quoth The Raven View Post
                    I'm sure I'm going to cause the ire of someone with this comment... :|

Oh well I'll just say it anyway.

This is a consequence of a low magic world, with high level casters. That's not gonna change if you stick to the PnP spell rules.
                    It is, you're 100% right. You can't have a balanced low magic world with limitless, high level casters.
                    Raman Aseph - Runescarred Berserker
                    http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.php?title=Raman_Aseph

Comment

It's also a consequence of lacking the 8-hour resting period, associated Fatigue levels, the spell component requirements and spell preparation time.

Comment

Nah, it's the items, cause PnP scales with items in mind - it doesn't really matter how many times you're gonna cast it cause you don't have infinite actions in a single combat; normally you cast about 5 spells and by then the encounter is over.

Take level 20 fighter, he's gonna have a fortitude of:

12 base +
                        2 base con (at least) +
                        1 Tome of Con +2 (at least) +
                        3 Item of Con +6 +
                        5 item of saving throws +
                        3 miscellaneous =

without even trying, throw a couple of other things in, like Greater Heroism, and DC 39 (which is high for PnP) won't look so scary. Fifty-fifty if not less, and even then you get stuff that allows you to re-roll stuff X times per day, or things that let you automatically pass a saving throw. If you start looking at guys like a paladin or a dwarven defender, they'll just laugh their asses off.

Comment

Well, my thoughts on this is that this isn't an action server and we shouldn't really be worrying about all these technicalities. Sure it sucks to be killed by an implosion with little or no defense, but combat shouldn't always be the end result of an encounter with PC's. It's a roleplay server so everyone should just relax, let the staff do their job, and if something happens that you don't like voice your opinion but for god sakes don't argue with anyone, just try to figure something out on how to beat it. If you don't have a defense versus the spell then wait for that cleric to use it all up. It is an RP server and waiting in ambush or stalking someone until they're unprepared is something that probably should happen more often.

Comment

Heaven forbid PC's face something they aren't prepared for.

Comment

It could be worse people... Shars Abbadon could explode and rain down areas of no-magic use... if you think it's scary to be ill prepared when you can be, go find a shadow elf and poke him in the eye and tell him his mother is a lemming.
                              Bree - Bookkeeper and diplomat of Exigo.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
                              Cybil Gelley (Retired)
                              Perry Turnipfodder - aspiring talent, happy chronicler.

Comment

In theory shapechanging into an iron golem should give immunity to implosion, via the construct immunity to effects that require fortitude saves. This is because the spell only affects living tissue. I don't know if the spell takes that into account though.
                                Dalian - Shapeshifter of the Tuatha Dé Dúlra
                                "My true identity goes beyond the outer roles I play. It transcends the Self."
                                UTC -4

Comment

Working...
                                X