Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Characters~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I currently like the idea of a human stormlord. My plan is to make her a native to Sundren but I am not really sold on any of the cities yet. I'm also not sure if I will have her join any of the factions either.
    GMT -9

Comment

Whurest Kazhunki
      Wizard, General, bat
      Durin Runebeard

Crafter: wands/potions/arms/wondrous. His reason for leaving Mithral Hall for Sundren Valley is to aid his cousins in Whurest and make a name for his clan's wares in the current growing economy.

Comment

Originally posted by greypawn View Post
        I have two concepts I seem to go back to all the time. A Chauntea Paladin of Sestra, sort of a Green Knight from Arthurian folklore concept. And a kraken society scalawag with lovecraft undertones. So lawful good paladin in Sestra or chaotic neutral/neutral evil swashbuckler-other in Avanthyr. Was thinking of maybe trying to open the kraken society background up and try to get a themed group together for some fun prelaunch collaboration.
        Heartily agree with the Kraken Society background and I hope you can get traction on it.

I had a stupid amount of fun as an Umberlean, at least until a certain Mr Nobody cut his throat on his 3rd day of play (Respawning from well RP'd PvP is for wimps).

Originally posted by Cornuto View Post
        I'd like to play an insane Lovecraftian warlock beholden to Shothragot with the end-goal of bringing all of the unworthy gods and their followers to ruin.
        Good man, can't go wrong with a liberal amount of Lovecraftian horror as inspiration. I planned Henry L. Jones out as a star-pact warlock for all manner of Lovecraftian and freezing tentacle based funtimes, but never really got it going.
        Eira Skald - Icy bitch.
        Karsten Mannerheim - Idealist and murderer.
        Vincent Hopkins - Witch Hunter and man of faith.
        Aedan Gilter - Dreamer of broken dreams.
        Henry L. Jones - Oh god, I can see forever.

Comment

my ranger is just going to come out of the woods, who knows where the hell he came from.

Comment

Currently have no idea. I've told myself no more rogues... We'll see how long that lasts
            Originally posted by roguethree
            If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Question for the DMs, maybe:

To what extent are PCs allowed to start with standing/history when it comes to factions, both the Sundren-specific factions (z.B. Sable Order, Northern Watch, Eboncoin) and to Forgotten Realms factions that aren't Sundren-specific (z.B. Shadow Thieves of Amn, Zhentarim, Harpers)?
              WWW•REKOV•COM

Comment

For Sundren factions, the reboot is a fresh start for everybody, so I would be very wary of giving any character a leg up in terms of standing on Day One. Exceptions would need to be approved by the staff. If you have a really amazing and inspiring character idea where some boosted standing might propel storytelling for many players, maybe the staff would consider it ... but no guarantees.

For other factions, again, if you want to incorporate FR organizations into your background, please feel free make a character request. For realism's sake, we generally don't like to see high-ranking members of foreign organizations pop up as level 3s on Sundren. We're more likely to approve things where you're at the lowest rank, if at all. The more standing you want, the more detail and justification you'll have to provide for their background and their goals in Sundren. And again ... no guarantees.

But, we like to see good ideas and are always happy to take a look. Don't hesitate to float them by us!

Comment

Thanks FE! I had no intention of making a high ranking character. If anything, I find it more interesting to be recruited into an organization during the course of RP, but I didn't want to waste anyone's time on this, since it wouldn't be applicable to Sundren's factions or plot as a whole.

I may send a character request once the class/lore information is finalized and a launch date is set. There is little point in doing so until I have a solid grasp of the setting and my character concept.
                  WWW•REKOV•COM

Comment

Since the server is moving forward something like 50 years, whats the year? I know its probably posted somewhere and I probably should remember. But I don't so... if anyone could please let me know its gonna help with my character back story. Thanks
                    Danté Swift: Archmagus and Marshal of Sestra.

Comment

Originally posted by Memnoch1962 View Post
                      Since the server is moving forward something like 50 years, whats the year? I know its probably posted somewhere and I probably should remember. But I don't so... if anyone could please let me know its gonna help with my character back story. Thanks
                      Here we go..

Originally posted by Doubtful View Post
                      I'm (probably) going to play a sociopathic paladin.

Need for adventure and other high risk behaviours? Check.
                      Fantastic and uninviting behaviour on (and occasionally off) of alcohol. Check.
                      Sex impersonal and often trivial (and often combined with the above)? Check.
                      Intelligent and superficially charming, effective at manipulating people? Check.
                      Absence of fear, remorse, shame, and generally stunted interpersonal relationships. Check.

Couple it with occasionally lucid blocks of intense feeling or insight (kind of like bipolar ASPD) and I suspect fun times to be had.

Oh, the year? Right.. 50 years hence, so 1432.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

Comment

Thank you!
                        Danté Swift: Archmagus and Marshal of Sestra.

Comment

A few questions for the year thing, and for someone who had very limited/little playing time on the server during Sundren's active years: Is this jump forward in time going to include the 'written lore' outside of Sundren happening, as in, the Spellplague and the mess of deity changes/deaths to go along with that? Or is the server going to (hopefully!) ignore all that?

Is it possible once the wiki is restored (or even just have it on the forums) to have a post with a summary of main events that any character that may have been born in Sundren would know? Admittedly I haven't dug super thoroughly through the forums for information like that. For example, the Turning of the Season post mentions the Day of Broken Blades. Sounds important, what would most people know about it? Etc.

Final question, with the wiki being down/dead, can we have a post of the server rules/class restrictions/etc for any other potential beginners, if possible. A lot of posts seem to point to the wiki, so there's a big void in information.

Of course, I realize you guys are all busy with developing and such. It's possible all of this is already being worked on or has been discussed in other places. If anyone could help with these questions, that'd be really awesome.

Thanks!

Comment

Not staff nor was I active up to the wipe, but I'm 95% sure there's no spellplague at the moment. Only change with the gods that I'm aware of was made years ago when Myrkul took back his throne from Kelemvor.
                            My to-be toon:
                            Shafiq Al-Mawt: Zakharan myrkulite.

My tomb of old toons:
                            Cruven Schlachten - Blood Reaver of Garagos, Blackwood Company Elite, Hellstrom Head of Security
                            Marcus Waynard- Horned Harbinger, fear his best bud Frank!... and Jim, Bob, Sue, and Jane...
                            Davlamin Frostfoot - Frosty Snowflake, the Frozen Fist of Auril, sworn enemy of the Second Wind fire pit.

Click here to see the full image of my avatar, by Algido.

Comment

Well this is gonna be my first toon where I focus my character on RP heavily. So I've decided to play A rogue style character with a little fighter. Grew up in Sestra, Learned to hold his own but found out that you can talk your way out of almost anything if you know what you're doing. As he grew up and enlisted in the sestra militia he went towards trying to be a diplomat/spy.
                              Tirrones Baelath Aleanurdren- Elven ruffian turned 'hero' aspiring to better the world.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmoor View Post
                                Well this is gonna be my first toon where I focus my character on RP heavily. So I've decided to play A rogue style character with a little fighter. Grew up in Sestra, Learned to hold his own but found out that you can talk your way out of almost anything if you know what you're doing. As he grew up and enlisted in the sestra militia he went towards trying to be a diplomat/spy.
                                Sounds good. That's how I imagined Lester originally before things happened. All those skill points <3
                                Originally posted by roguethree
                                If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Working...
                                X