Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Characters~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Characters~

Grinning Death gave me the idea to make a thread to discuss what sorts of character's people will be playing post-wipe. He's even volunteered to help people in their character creation in regards to lore and such for those who want to fit in.

For my part, my character is going to be a boisterous and gregarious uthgardt barbarian, having departed her tribe years ago, she's had time to develop into her own woman. Reveling in all the things that barbarian's love to do; drinking, violence, etc, with her darker side of course left undisclosed here. I hope that when sundren's released I can hit the ground running with her.

Though I don't see her getting involved in the political games, given the server's history it doesn't seem like there's much room for character's with a very direct approach in politics. I can see her wandering between the cities for the first while, figuring out her place in the world, since Sundren has traditionally been a very lawful place on the surface with a very chaotic underground. Before I would have said Aquor since they seemed far enough removed and lawless enough to accommodate a barbarian nicely, but since Pendraig has taken over I'm pretty sure that isn't the case anymore!

Does GD have a status update planned for the Tuatha out of curiosity?
    Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
    Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
    Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
    Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
    Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
    Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Originally posted by Kasso
    Though I don't see her getting involved in the political games, given the server's history it doesn't seem like there's much room for character's with a very direct approach in politics.
    There's always a need for the direct approach in politics, especially given the violent tendencies that lurks underneath the veneer of 'civilized' behavior. You have to remember, the peace that has been in place has only been around for 50 years or so, if that. Nobles in Sundren have their Condottieri, Aquor has its Saharin, Avanthyr has its Northern Watch, and Sestra has its military. All are agents of powers, and any character can fit into a role within a city-state's designs; it can be anything from a warrior to a spy, a mage to a priest. The only characteristic they have in common is their loyalty to their respective city-state or noble family.

Playing nice has its place. But you have to have that big stick in case diplomacy doesn't work.

Does GD have a status update planned for the Tuatha out of curiosity?
    Yes, I do!
    "Use the Force, Harry" -Gandalf

Comment

Being a big stick was more or less the plan with my barbarian!

Though if the Tuatha are gunna be super cool to I might go into that, depending on how they look.

Formerly
      Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
      Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

I haven't figured out what I'm going to do yet. Was thinking of doing something like an lawful evil helmite. Do a 'fight evil with evil' type. I do dig tribal types and never really done that here on Sundren. Maybe I'll join you.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

Comment

I haven't done the write-up for the Tuatha just yet, but here are a list of factions that won't have a city-state:

Magisterium
          Tuatha
          Cwn Annwn
          Blackwood
          Triumvirate

This isn't to say they aren't factions, understand. They simply don't have allegiance to any particular city-state, and therefore won't mechanically be joinable factions. This provides two major benefits:

1. It allows people to be part of factions that have alternative motives beyond city politics, but doesn't preclude them from swearing loyalty to a city to take part in the major conflicts that plague the valley.

For example, a Magisterium mage adheres to the Charter, but has his sanctum in Aquor. Aquor gets into a conflict with Sundren City, and the mage wishes to protect his home. That mage will mechanically be bound to Aquor, and therefore can take his place within the hierarchy of the town's defense, but will still be able to claim membership with an organization that the character feels they belong to.

2. It prevents the faction from having to adhere to city politics as a whole. This way, we can have Tuatha supporting both Sesta and Avanthyr as individuals, each with their own unique take on the Tuatha. Further, characters will, outside of their support for their city, will have to unite over Tuatha causes and plots.
          "Use the Force, Harry" -Gandalf

Comment

Well, those that I talk with on a semi-regular basis, or have talked with me in the past couple months, know that I've been thinking if rolling up a privateer for Avanthyr. And what better for a swashbucklery character than to roll them as a swashbuckler?

So, for the actual character, this will be a young, self confident man who grew up in the poorer side of Avanthyr, with dreams of striking it rich on the sea. Cunning and agile, he's almost always got a plan of action, though at times his impulsive nature gets the better of him and he goes off half cocked.

So, only thing left for this guy is a name, which I'm thinking I'll go Joseph, just need a surname. Anyways, excited for the reboot, and looking forward to getting to meet everyone's new characters!
            We can axe if we want to, leave that sword behind. Because your friends don't axe, and if they don't axe then they're no friends of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by greypawn View Post
              I haven't figured out what I'm going to do yet. Was thinking of doing something like an lawful evil helmite. Do a 'fight evil with evil' type. I do dig tribal types and never really done that here on Sundren. Maybe I'll join you.
              So far our 'tribe' is two uthgardt rejects, my barbarian and a spirit shaman, though we're not making a faction styled thing, more like we just have a fostered history with one another, since every attempt I've ever seen at creating a barbarian tribe from the get-go has ended in failure. But we welcome more to the discussion if you decide you wanna and poke me on skype!

Formerly
              Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
              Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

I like this thread. The reality is that I can't wait to just RP with the community again, and have those interactions to look forward too. I font think I have ever designed a PC that has turned out like I wanted, because of the great events that occur around him.

It would be hard for me to say that I won't be involved in the politics, because lets face it I am semi good at it. I am thinking of doing a LN Helmite, that is bound to the protection of the weak. Not really sure class/race/build just yet. I am also toggling the idea of something exotic, but the details are a little hush hush at the moment.
                Active Characters
                Hashart Datton- Marshal of the Black Hand
                Oliver Ironhide- Guardian
                Lynk Frost-Champion of Bane
                Dorin Hammond- Scout
                Seith Ronson- Master of War
                "A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
                Socrates
                sigpic

Comment

Lotus mentioned to me that the Samurai class was gonna hopefully get some fixes and a rename/lore change so that it's not so Eastern, and if that happens that means I get to play one, hopefully. One of my favorite characters I had was the samurai I made, before I got ordered to stop leveling as one by staff at the time. Would probably play a human, but that's not a definitive. Other than that...hrm. Dunno really. Played a lot of classes, some of them several times. Hard to decide.
                  Tigen Amastacia: Died in events so you didn't have to.

Quintin Ulsteris: Nice-guy Legion engineer, deceased son of House Ulsteris.

Clandriel Cain: AKA "Fire-eyes" AKA "Demon hunter" AKA "OH MY GOD, WHY IS HE STILL STABBING ME!!??"

Comment

I'm thinking of doing a rogue of some sort. I loved doing the political thing in the past. I may do that again, I'm not sure. However I kind of let the RP dictate how my characters develop. We'll see how it turns out.
                    Danté Swift: Archmagus and Marshal of Sestra.

Comment

Always liked classes that can go for hours without stopping, like Paladins and fighters. Thinking maybe a respectful dwarf miner and smith, give him a huge war hammer. Going to do a toon that is not political, was never my strong point, but i always had fun.

Comment

I have thought about doing a sea witch type of character. But I am not really sure yet. I often make caster classes but I do like the idea of doing something different. I am kind of crappy with builds however because I get distracted by shinny cool descriptions. It is easy to sucker myself with thoughts of how neat this or that is when I am leveling melee.

I am not really sure if I will make a politically motivated character. I could try to do one if the RP seems to flow in that direction. I am not really good at plotting out what direction my toons will go in. Mostly RP tends to influence the shape and personality my toons take.
                        GMT -9

Comment

First idea which I am most excited for is a cleric of Tymora who has come to spread the teachings of lady luck in Sundren. I am brainstorming how to have gambling interactions in game to spruce up RP downtime in the taverns, as well as how best to approach the many adventurers in the valley. I plan on having the character push those who share a drink with him to go out and adventure because, "fortune favors the bold."

Comment

Has anyone else noticed that we're not seeing any Triad or Banite characters yet?

It's as though those factions have been worn out to nothing.

Formerly
                            Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
                            Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

I am making a hin rogue to go along with zypherman's cleric of Tymora. I wanted to make a chaotic good character and investigate that alignment a little bit more.

However, if someone wants to go Banite, I might be persuaded to change my mind. I just don't want to be playing in a faction by myself.
                              Characters
                              Verity Chimera - The Brimstone Bard - "Hey, wanna see a trick?"
                              Nora Windwood - Greenleaf Disciple - When a Druid Hugs a Tree, the Tree Hugs back! - Retired
                              Ronus Stonewall - Dwarven Pathfinder - Drunken Scout of Whurest

Comment

Working...
                              X