Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Characters~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cornuto View Post
    I haven't, did someone time-travel and steal my idea?

e: Also is the new x-files good?
    I love them, to me it's filling a niche that is not saited with current TV lineups. And of course with record-breaking views Fox is already looking at making another season now.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Banite here of course Hi!

I've a pretty good idea of how my character is gonna be, regarding Sestra. Bane's blessings allowed us to prosper, Hashart Datton made us strong his Iron Fist shaping us into a force to be reckoned.

Growing up I was reluctantly forced into the Sestran Military, but came to find I enjoyed the rule by power concept and my character continues to strive through discipline to make sure we prosper - and succeed in expansion.

I'm trying to get down his flaws, values, morals - those things. I look forward to this!

I'm also going to make a Lathander Paladin! PRAISE THE SUN! (If someone can help me with a build xD)

Comment

I might play an older half-elven woman who has become disillusioned by fighting on behalf of other people's agendas. She'd be more even-tempered and far less capricious than Lasvi was, taking inspiration from how kuscotopia rped Dryn Stonewhisperer as a dependable mediator. Less passionate about things for that matter, too.

Her alignment would start as TN and bloom from there, but I'd rather stray from internal conflicts about morals/religion. She'd like her friends and hate her enemies, regardless of their alignment or allegiance, for personal reasons. It could wind up difficult for me because I prefer to rp characters with strong beliefs, especially in Faerun where everyone farts demigods and LG can physically reach out to slap someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyssis View Post
          I might play an older half-elven woman who has become disillusioned by fighting on behalf of other people's agendas. She'd be more even-tempered and far less capricious than Lasvi was, taking inspiration from how kuscotopia rped Dryn Stonewhisperer as a dependable mediator. Less passionate about things for that matter, too.

Her alignment would start as TN and bloom from there, but I'd rather stray from internal conflicts about morals/religion. She'd like her friends and hate her enemies, regardless of their alignment or allegiance, for personal reasons. It could wind up difficult for me because I prefer to rp characters with strong beliefs, especially in Faerun where everyone farts demigods and LG can physically reach out to slap someone.
          I like the idea of that. I unfortunately am at a loss as to what to play! Fresh out of idea for months now
          Originally posted by roguethree
          If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

I am having a hard time deciding. Cade never got to go very far in his Thirumverate meanderings before life got in the way, so I could just re-do that sort of feel.

But a young, giddy historian who is much too curious about ancient arcane artifices for his own health and that of those around him might be just the thing. I always liked playing questionable religious characters so maybe he might wander into that too... who knows!

Comment

Originally posted by Nyssis View Post

I'll believe it when I see it.
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Cade View Post
                I am having a hard time deciding. Cade never got to go very far in his Thirumverate meanderings before life got in the way, so I could just re-do that sort of feel.

But a young, giddy historian who is much too curious about ancient arcane artifices for his own health and that of those around him might be just the thing. I always liked playing questionable religious characters so maybe he might wander into that too... who knows!
                I'm right with ya there. I had a bard /arcane trickster that I really enjoyed. I'm really tempted to make the same build and flavor her personality differently.
                Characters
                Verity Chimera - The Brimstone Bard - "Hey, wanna see a trick?"
                Nora Windwood - Greenleaf Disciple - When a Druid Hugs a Tree, the Tree Hugs back! - Retired
                Ronus Stonewall - Dwarven Pathfinder - Drunken Scout of Whurest

Comment

I'd like to get an idea for what the DM staff will be working with in terms of player characters once the reboot is up and running. While I have a general sense of where people will be (it's not easy digging through multiple threads!), it would still be helpful in terms of planning stories and events if you could let us know the following:

Your anticipated main character's:

1. Alignment
                  2. Faction
                  3. Class
                  4. Any other details you'd want to share with us

I understand that a lot of these details may still be subject to change, but it would still be helpful to get an idea of what our playerbase is going to look like so the team can cater our events accordingly. In the interest of preventing accidental metagaming, please PM the details to me or create a character request thread.

This is of course entirely voluntary. If you want to keep mum about your character, or you simply don't know yet what you intend to play, please don't feel obligated to post anything. There won't be any benefits to posting or not posting, apart from the warm fuzzies you'll get for helping out the DM team

Thanks everybody!

Comment

A gnome:
                    "Philip Michael Edward Tightbottom" a tailor by day, diva by night!
                    Elandra: A former Red Blade, now roams the wilderness with the Lone wolf as her guide
                    Alexandra: Ever faithful (just shy of a Zealot)
                    Yodglum: May Kossuth's flame light your way and burn those in it!
                    Ash: Dusty old miner of still looking for the "mother load" on Exigo's stag

Shaving kittens: not an official sport, but fun just the same

Comment

I'm going to preface this post by saying that I am not 100% sold on my concept. My previous character was a Rogue/Bard/Arcane Trickster combo that I just adored. I am contemplating doing that build again, but I'm afraid of that I might be just 'replaying'.

My previous character, Verity Chimera, was a tiefling and much of her story revolved around that point (I will never play a special race again due to that fact). I never got to the 'magical thief' part that I had initially intended, so I feel slightly justified in trying the build again.

So my current idea is:

1. Neutral
                      2. Ebon Coin or other thief/intrigue related faction
                      3. Rogue/Bard/Arcane Trickster
                      4. Half-Elf? Gnome? I love me a gnome.

Please let me know what you think. Should I stay away from trodden ground or dive back in?
                      Characters
                      Verity Chimera - The Brimstone Bard - "Hey, wanna see a trick?"
                      Nora Windwood - Greenleaf Disciple - When a Druid Hugs a Tree, the Tree Hugs back! - Retired
                      Ronus Stonewall - Dwarven Pathfinder - Drunken Scout of Whurest

Comment

After much thought and contemplation, I'm going to roll with a Dwarf (Aquoran Protectorate)

My current concept is a LE Merchant (Rogue-based)
                        Last edited by Intrepid42; 03-30-2016, 02:11 AM.

Comment

I'd like to play an insane Lovecraftian warlock beholden to Shothragot with the end-goal of bringing all of the unworthy gods and their followers to ruin.
                          Originally posted by Saulus
                          Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

I have two concepts I seem to go back to all the time. A Chauntea Paladin of Sestra, sort of a Green Knight from Arthurian folklore concept. And a kraken society scalawag with lovecraft undertones. So lawful good paladin in Sestra or chaotic neutral/neutral evil swashbuckler-other in Avanthyr. Was thinking of maybe trying to open the kraken society background up and try to get a themed group together for some fun prelaunch collaboration.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

Comment

Wow, so many responses already! Many thanks to everybody who pm'd me and posted here. And of course, please feel free to continue PM'ing or posting your character details if you haven't already.

Comment

A wizard who is not a complete ass (no offense). I really like my gnome illusionist and might reskin or just use him. He never really RPed anybody and I started him during a "low tide" period on the server.

I'm also up for any "team" ideas. I once was a part of a band of orcs and had a great time.

I'll have to wait and see more as things develop. Really looking forward to it.
                                Byrun - Wandering Swordsman
                                Falrenn Silvershade - Shaper of Truths

If you're searching the lines for a point
                                Well, you've probably missed it
                                There was never anything there
                                In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

Working...
                                X