Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Characters~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have two characters in mind.

1. A Bardic / Fighter / Frenzied Berserker. Non-skald type starving playwright

2. Sorceress / Priestess of Eldath, whom never engages in violent combat.

Which factions would best suit these two characters?
    Elric Modner. - "Yesterday I dared struggle against tyranny, Today I dare to fight once again."

Comment

I think I read somewhere that Avanthr will still have a temple to Selune in side their walls post wipe. I might try to do another religious type thing. I am fairly sure I can manage something adequate with her dogma. Though, I still might flesh out an interesting sea witch. I like characters that have a bit of mystery to them.
      GMT -9

Comment

Originally posted by Anks View Post
        I have two characters in mind.

1. A Bardic / Fighter / Frenzied Berserker. Non-skald type starving playwright

2. Sorceress / Priestess of Eldath, whom never engages in violent combat.

Which factions would best suit these two characters?
        1. All of the states/factions support the arts to varying degrees both officially and via the nobles and individuals within them. It'd most likely come down to your characters own style and political stances, for instance if he's a radical leftist who believes that the official state is a power hungry conglomerate of vampire werewolves from an alternate reality hell bet on inflicting ever more strict rules to break out spirits so they can feed on our torment, then Sundren City may not be for him. Or perhaps he thinks the opposite and wants to appeal to the masses so they rise up in support of the once singular nation-state in which case Sundren City it is!

Perhaps your non-skaldic bard is a fan of cliifs, bracing air, hammocks and close harmony shanties, in which case maybe he'd choose Avanthyr. Perhaps he relishes order or likes to be spiritually bathed in and inspired by the bucolic lives of filthy peasants, in which case perhaps he'll like Sestra. Maybe he's a fan of soaring mountains, angry giants and the yet-to-be-invented-in-FR Skyrunning and wants to invent it in game and start a fantastic set of running competitions up and down the Spine. Aquor might be a good start for him then.

2. Pacifists and healers are generally welcome in most places, though they may have to shut the hell up about it in some. As with 1, the character could fit anywhere.

Think beyond the class/race/deity combo, we want to get away from orderly sorting of shapes.

What kind of political outlook does your character have? What sort of surroundings do they like? Will they live somewhere they dislike in order to try and make changes or will they live somewhere they like in order to be inspired by it? Are they a radical? Are they conservative? Do they like order or chaos? If professionally religious, what aspects of that religion do they uphold? Are they evangelical and go out looking for converts, or do they prefer to find an established flock and look after them?

Rather than 'My character is a squircle, where does it fit?' think 'This is my character, they live here because..."

Don't forget you can change after starting, perhaps your character will have a change of allegiance, perhaps they'll get run out of town for pissing off the wrong person. Who knows! RP!

Ages back I posted up a bunch of Storytelling Tips, GBX added a lot as well. Helpful stuff when it comes do developing stories, ideas and characters.
        It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
        Sydney Smith.

Comment

Seems like I clicked on the "we miss you" thread just at the right time. I've been wanting to get back into some role playing and always had an excellent time here. I've got a lot of reading/catching up to do but it sounds like a wipe will be just the ticket after... 8 years? of absence!

Comment

I'm going to make a Gelatinous Cube detective who solves crimes with his sidekick gnome (suspended inside the cube in a slowly digestive state of near-death).

Or maybe it's actually a gnome inside the first 'bubble-boy' device. No one really knows.
            The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
              I'm going to make a Gelatinous Cube detective who solves crimes with his sidekick gnome (suspended inside the cube in a slowly digestive state of near-death).

Or maybe it's actually a gnome inside the first 'bubble-boy' device. No one really knows.
              That sounds amazing. You could call him Sheerluck Gnomes!
              The wiki doesn't, seem to work at the moment; just my browser or part of new stuff to come?
              Originally posted by roguethree
              If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Thief Of Navarre View Post
                The wiki doesn't, seem to work at the moment; just my browser or part of new stuff to come?
                Wretched asshole hackers. May all those responsible die of something oozy, painful and deadly.
                It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                Sydney Smith.

Comment

I am going to play a character named Badger. He used to be a badger, but was turned into a human by some wizard with too much time and money. He will have a near animistic intelligence and low charisma. Mechanically a ranger; his animal companion is his wife.
                  Originally posted by Saulus
                  Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

Someone saw the new X-Files episode.
                    "Use the Force, Harry" -Gandalf

Comment

Originally posted by [DM] Grinning Death View Post
                      Someone saw the new X-Files episode.
                      I haven't, did someone time-travel and steal my idea?

e: Also is the new x-files good?
                      Originally posted by Saulus
                      Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

They're definitely made for the fans, I'll say that.

****SPOILERS****

Guy Mann (Flight of the Concords) plays a monster turned human in one of the new episodes after he's bit. He's absolutely hilarious, and I recommend watching the episode just for that alone.
                        "Use the Force, Harry" -Gandalf

Comment

*pokes his head in with shifty eyes*

Been keeping an eye on this and been thinking of returning once more at the relaunch, so hello to those that remember this old fart!

I'll likely play a Myrkulite priest (I believe I read Myrkul is still alive and all) however much less psychopathic/murderous as Marcus was, but just as creepy.
                          My to-be toon:
                          Shafiq Al-Mawt: Zakharan myrkulite.

My tomb of old toons:
                          Cruven Schlachten - Blood Reaver of Garagos, Blackwood Company Elite, Hellstrom Head of Security
                          Marcus Waynard- Horned Harbinger, fear his best bud Frank!... and Jim, Bob, Sue, and Jane...
                          Davlamin Frostfoot - Frosty Snowflake, the Frozen Fist of Auril, sworn enemy of the Second Wind fire pit.

Click here to see the full image of my avatar, by Algido.

Comment

Glad to hear about myrkulites, chances are I'll play a Myrkulite Master of Shrouds, focused on undead of course!
                            Sareth

Comment

I'm down to two concepts. What is the start year again?

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

Comment

I'm (probably) going to play a sociopathic paladin.

Need for adventure and other high risk behaviours? Check.
                                Fantastic and uninviting behaviour on (and occasionally off) of alcohol. Check.
                                Sex impersonal and often trivial (and often combined with the above)? Check.
                                Intelligent and superficially charming, effective at manipulating people? Check.
                                Absence of fear, remorse, shame, and generally stunted interpersonal relationships. Check.

Couple it with occasionally lucid blocks of intense feeling or insight (kind of like bipolar ASPD) and I suspect fun times to be had.

Oh, the year? Right.. 50 years hence, so 1432.
                                Sydney Smith.

Comment

Working...
                                X