Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Characters~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is joining the city states going to work? Is it the faction in the city that you join and by extension the city? Will you have to RP in? Can you make a toon that is already loyal to a city or faction from the start? For example, say I was approved to make a palidian of Sune and I wanted to make said pally a local. Would said pally have to join the Saharin to be "with" Aquor?
    GMT -9

Comment

Guessing its part of the new beginning, to pull away from such black and white political and moral stand offs (that are definitely worn out, in my opinion) and open it up to more real type of issues.

I wasn't going to jump into one of the city factions but I'm reconsidering it as I like playing locally born characters. Definitely wont be Sestra as I'd like a change of scenery.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzziebunny View Post
        How is joining the city states going to work? Is it the faction in the city that you join and by extension the city? Will you have to RP in? Can you make a toon that is already loyal to a city or faction from the start? For example, say I was approved to make a palidian of Sune and I wanted to make said pally a local. Would said pally have to join the Saharin to be "with" Aquor?
        Basically, you can join any city state as an overarching faction, similar to joining the Arbiter's Alliance. So, you can join Sestra as a city-state, rather than the Sestran military. So your Aquor paladin could just be a paladin, rather than a Saharin.

For the time being, you'll have to be added to the faction, unless we can reconfigure an NPC to do so.
        "Use the Force, Harry" -Gandalf

Comment

I'm most likely going to make a Helmite guard.
          Olivia Kimaris - Paladin of Lathander and Knight of the Northern Watch
          Diary of Olivia

Originally posted by Cornuto
          Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

I was leaning towards a Rogue, who's had a bad upbringing but still good at heart...enjoys robbing the rich to feed the poor (as long as he gets a fair cut too of course). Obviously Avanthyr would be the perfect choice for this guy (Kaelvan).

But, at the end of the day my love affair with the Wizard class will probably win out. It just isn't a good day unless I throw chain lightning at something's face whilst laughing maniacally

And as you can guess, my Wizard (and probably Rogue too) will be an Elf of some variety. I'm still working on his backstory to make him as disparate as possible from my last Elf wizard!!

So, Kaelvan or Thalanis. For now I'm still hammering out the two backstories and then I'll roll a dice when the server restarts.
            UTC+8
            Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
            Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

I enjoy casters, but mostly because I like making sure the people I end up going adventuring with, have buffs and such to support them. While I have a long term love affair with Sorcs and have an idea for another one different from the others. I am heavily leaning on FS idea right now, where he ends up fitting in on the new Sundren? I'll wait for that Rp to happen.
              Bram Drismon: Sundrens Centurio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz2GVlQkn4Q
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndpryp2OlUQ
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1QUZzeZoPQ

Comment

This is very handy for anyone who plans on making an Elf! (who wouldn't?)

http://www.candlekeep.com/library/ar...lven_names.htm
                UTC+8

Characters
                Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

With respect, some of those names are really fucking awful.
                  It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                  Sydney Smith.

Comment

What...Cameron isn't a good Elf name?

Well, at least the surnames are good. And some of the first names. You only need one!
                    UTC+8

Characters
                    Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

*Hot chin stroking action*

I'm unsure as to what new characters I'll be playing, it's going to be tough to nail it down.

I've got a reasonably fleshed out human Paladin of Sune I'd like to try - Traditionally most of my characters have erred toward the self deluding and manipulative end of things, it might be nice to try something simple and straight forward like this.

Main fear is that mechanically paladins are a tedious bunch of nonsense. One of the worst 'Click on enemy, go make a cup of tea' classes. At least fighters get to toggle modes and use special abilities. RP wise there's potential for fun.

An Elven fighter/mage, because elves are fairly cool and being able to stabinate and disintegrate is a great combo. Not very fleshed out in terms of concept, but a fairly gregarious sun elf is the likely option. A bit of a condescending shit, but not deliberately. Something along the lines of Robin Hood's portrayal in Time Bandits.

Largest worry is that elves seem fairly crap in NWN2/D&D in general. Yes, you're 200 years old, innately magic and learned in the arts of dance, watercolours and stabbing. But a 20 year old human is likely to have better skills, feats and survivability and just generally be better. Plus they're short, and short elves suck candycane.

Lastly, some kind of monstrous HiPS user.
                      I enjoy rogues, shadowdancers and assassins and variations on their themes (I've had HiPS based assassin, cleric, fighter and paladin characters in the past), and find them entertaining to play in combat situations. You've got to pay attention and actually do stuff in order not to get pasted. If Arcane Trickster got HiPS I'd be playing one in a heartbeat, but sadly not an option.

The main worry I have with playing a HiPS user is that I'll just be rehashing my previous characters, which I want to avoid.

Still, whichever I roll with I'm looking forward to being able to get on some serious RP with all you lovely folk again!
                      Eira Skald - Icy bitch.
                      Karsten Mannerheim - Idealist and murderer.
                      Vincent Hopkins - Witch Hunter and man of faith.
                      Aedan Gilter - Dreamer of broken dreams.
                      Henry L. Jones - Oh god, I can see forever.

Comment

I've made 12 gnomish character concepts, but I'll end up playing an elf most likely!

I should hit up GD when I've time with the OP intent. I was considering playing for the val'tess noble house as my sun elf paladin that I'm looking at has a mercantile background and has been sent to serve them to establish trading relations with Evereska.

But I'll wait and see for the other factions for sure! Also curious about class changes. I wanted a knightly melee character, and as Lotus spelled the doom for the sword saint I went for paladin. Maybe something else opens up.
                        My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
                        Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

But I'll wait and see for the other factions for sure! Also curious about class changes. I wanted a knightly melee character, and as Lotus spelled the doom for the sword saint I went for paladin. Maybe something else opens up.
                          Fighter is still amazingly good as a class pure, especially if you can hold out for the long run post-wipe. Their general bonuses though make them one of the best stand-and-deliver's on the server, arguably even better then a buffed cleric/ek considering they hit the ground running in combat, with no need for spells to bring them up to par.

I am also very curious about the list of class changes that are happening behind the scenes. Does any of the staff have an ETA on when that information will be made public?
                          Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
                          Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
                          Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
                          Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
                          Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
                          Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

You guys really got me brainstorming up some concept characters now.

Will doomguide be coming back as a playable prestige class in some form?

GD, would it be possible to get an official summary of the major factions? I'm sure we all could make assumptions on each city from past experiences but I imagine there may be some changes, no?

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

Comment

I believe Doomguide is being reworked for player use, yeah.

As for factions, please see the Turning of the Seasons thread. I'm updating it sporatically, and will likely do the last few entries tomorrow.
                              "Use the Force, Harry" -Gandalf

Comment

Originally posted by Kasso View Post
                                Fighter is still amazingly good as a class pure, especially if you can hold out for the long run post-wipe. Their general bonuses though make them one of the best stand-and-deliver's on the server, arguably even better then a buffed cleric/ek considering they hit the ground running in combat, with no need for spells to bring them up to par.

I am also very curious about the list of class changes that are happening behind the scenes. Does any of the staff have an ETA on when that information will be made public?
                                But most of those capstones are beyond lvl 15, so Im curious to see what happens. I wanted a bit more skill-wise than fighter, and the saint has a bit more use for dex -> elf.

Greypawn, didn't he just do so earlier in the thread?
                                My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
                                Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

Working...
                                X