Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team Good

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The old group for this didn't survive. There's a deserted social group called Team Good. If new people want to use it to build something new, be my guest. PM me and I will add you to it.
    Eurozone

Comment

Just going to add my thoughts. I have noticed that there is too much uneeded "drama" on the server at times. Unfortunatley the staff seems to somehow get all the blame, yet its the staff that keeps the thing going. I'm not sure everyone appreciates the work they put into it. People complain that no matter what they do the server has its own direction. Isn't that how its supposed to work? The Dm's lay out a course and the players play in it. I have yet to see a DM not bend the plot when player action called for it.

If anyone as a player is so frustrated with this server that the only thing they can do is complain and create unwanted drama, then maybe Sundren isn't the place for you, or maybe you should just relax and realize that it's a game and not your personal life. Roll with the flow and be creative. Send in PM's to the DM's and let them know what you want to see happen before you start slamming the machine and saying its broken. Things are only as strong as their weakest link.

As for the idea of Team Good and Team Evil, that seems to be more of a loose term than actual fact. I can tell you there is conflict in "Team Evil" without the presence of a Good aligned player being around. Danté doesn't need to be constantly pitted against the Triumvirite for him to have a challenge.
      Danté Swift: Archmagus and Marshal of Sestra.

Comment

Originally posted by Mournas
        Here's the thing. Team Evil ... Team Good ... both stupid concepts. Being a veteran of Sundren I'm just going to flat out say it.
        You're a veteran Sundarian like an absentee father is a veteran dad.

1. Favoritism

Yeah. On every server ever. It happens, but if other servers' forums are to bebelieved, we do a pretty good job of minimizing it here.

2. Railroading

Yeah. On every server ever. It's necessary sometimes because building, coding, and storytelling is a pretty complex process in an MMO; this isn't 5 nerds around a table. And then you have events with several conditions for success and failure that shape forward movement that get raved about in the kudos section. There has to be a balance, and we have that.

3. Sundren Staff

Saintly compared to any other major server. No plug-pulling meltdowns, no weird cyber-sexual relationships with players for perks, no DDoS attacks on other servers, no outright harassment of the playerbase, no theft of scripting or building resources, and so on.

4. Sundren Players

We have the best core of any server. Most respectful forum interaction, smallest volume of stupid suggestions, charitable to the server's going concern, high quality of rp.

"Team Good" is a holdover from when the server plot was centered on Legion/Triad v. the Black Hand. It doesn't apply in the same context anymore. There are many more opportunities for good PCs to get involved in different scenarios than there were during the Second Sundering, so "Team Good" as you see it refers to that loose organization of good PCs, not the militaristic alignment in plots past. I personally hate the name "Team Good," but the idea of players organizing their concepts and adventuring together is a good one. Whatever maximizes your fun is a good thing.
        Originally posted by Cornuto
        Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Whatever maximizes your fun is a good thing.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

....and I screwed up the quote lol
          Danté Swift: Archmagus and Marshal of Sestra.

Comment

Originally posted by roguethree View Post

3. Sundren Staff

Saintly compared to any other major server. No plug-pulling meltdowns, no weird cyber-sexual relationships with players for perks, no DDoS attacks on other servers, no outright harassment of the playerbase, no theft of scripting or building resources, and so on.
            You mean like that time Kasso was on his/her 13th level warlock in the viridale eating new players buffs and causing massive spawns and continually killing them until they reached out to me OOCly to help them with this issue? Guess what ... that incident lost Sundren 4 players.

The list goes on.

At least I don't have anything to hide.
            "Service to a cause greater than yourself is the utmost honor you can achieve."

Comment

This thread has gone wildly off topic and I don't believe further discussion is going to be helpful. If you're encountering problems, please use the private message system or help & character request threads.

If you have constructive suggestions, we're open to hearing them in the suggestions forum, but please remember that a PW is limited by many factors, not the least of which is available staff for developer work and DM time.

Closing.

Comment

Working...
              X