Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team Good

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget to work on your rivalries with team evil, too.
    Mhaaj Anderhart, Halruaan thaumaturgist, Withering Lord of the Myrkulites. [* Retired.]
    Gabriel Shadesoar - Hated-Errant of the Church of Bane.[* Retired.]

"What is the difference between the master and the beginner?

The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."
    - Stephan McCranie

Comment

If my team good paladin from presunder ever gets out of lockbox prison I'll definitely be rootin in team good again. Wooo
      Computers is can solve a problem on kids. Using computers, kids be learn what he need, and this why computers used.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Unified Theory View Post
        Don't forget to work on your rivalries with team evil, too.
        Don't worry I'm coming, be patient.
        Here, just so you can rock while you wait, Enjoy!
        Note the theme.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqWRaAF6_WY

Comment

Here's the thing. Team Evil ... Team Good ... both stupid concepts. Being a veteran of Sundren I'm just going to flat out say it. It's what ever the DMs decide is what they want at that particular time. Just play what ever. Don't do good for the sake of doing good. It pretty much gets you no where. In fact I would say that NWN is just dead in general. I know I've been denied things IC because of OOC bs. Who cares about team good or team evil. Don't like the current evil bad ass in power then cook up your own evil plot and hope the DMs don't say it's impossible to do because it doesn't fit in with their motions for the server. Even if that's what the players want to do. It's a drama fest and who knows who favoritism buddy buddy system here. That's not to discredit Hashart and all the thing's he has worked for IC.
          "Service to a cause greater than yourself is the utmost honor you can achieve."

Comment

Originally posted by Mournas View Post
            Here's the thing. Team Evil ... Team Good ... both stupid concepts. Being a veteran of Sundren I'm just going to flat out say it. It's what ever the DMs decide is what they want at that particular time. Just play what ever. Don't do good for the sake of doing good. It pretty much gets you no where. In fact I would say that NWN is just dead in general. I know I've been denied things IC because of OOC bs. Who cares about team good or team evil. Don't like the current evil bad ass in power then cook up your own evil plot and hope the DMs don't say it's impossible to do because it doesn't fit in with their motions for the server. Even if that's what the players want to do. It's a drama fest and who knows who favoritism buddy buddy system here. That's not to discredit Hashart and all the thing's he has worked for IC.

^ Negative Nancy.
            Mhaaj Anderhart, Halruaan thaumaturgist, Withering Lord of the Myrkulites. [* Retired.]

- Stephan McCranie

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Unified Theory View Post
              ^ Negative Nancy.
              Truth none the less. I mean Team good KNEW long beforehand that Sestra was the target of being taken over. Fuck Saulus leaked that to my Shadowbane Stalker, Kit, Dante, and YevD's Monk on his Sebastian character before that was even solid. Some things are written in stone. It's like playing D&D with those DM's who are like wait you can't do that because it's not part of my story!

The whole second sundering even happened because well ... the dev staff slaved over writing the code for it to happen to screw that because the players sucked at keeping secrets well that would have sucked also. Especially for all that work. *shrug* Negative Nancy or not. Just do your own thing not for Team Good or for Team Evil. It wont really matter and the vast majority of people who still play NWN2 know that Sundren staff has always been it's problem child. I've harped on this in the past on numerous occasions and it just so happens I'm right.

Comment

Mouras is right on the money, not all the staff though, some are really great here as in Doubtful was talking to the old Corps de Grace leader and he even said he does not understand why Doubtful plays here.

When the same group of players get events, their plots moving and custom gear while all others just get ignored, do you really think people are going to stick around, I play on many servers and meet a ton of old sundren players and they all have the same story on sundren, which is the story i just said.

Peace !

P.S. Did not want to discredit anyone, Encounter Fate you are Supper awesome, always wanted to find out what player you were, cause you are an awesome DM, BAMF awesome Rper and the list goes on !
                Last edited by jarlexel; 05-30-2015, 11:50 PM. Reason: did not want to discredit anyone

Comment

Lorenth Green is my team good guy, only guy left from the "team good" group, snow had lead on our group but he needed a break from the game so I cant add you to it. I game jump but im usually just a pm away if you need me in game, just send a tell my way or to kit or sparky they both have ways to reach me. If you want I can pm you our mumble. Just hit me up next time you're free.

Comment

None of my characters are in the Team Good group, but I am happy to help any good groups that want to form up. I have good characters that are willing to RP and help advance things.
                    GMT -9

Comment

Wow, Yikes!
                      I'm not sure exactly what has taken place in your gaming experience here Mournas, nor am I certain why you feel so strongly about playing the faction characters here on Sundren. Or about teaming as good and evil. I can tell you that there was a time when "Team good" was a force to be reckoned with here "in character".
                      I remember- personalities who worked together and even helped others get established on server bitd.
                      As a new player back then- I was very appreciative of having heavy hitters to guide my character's in Sundern faction conduct, heroic endeavors, planning, and execution of Faction goals/ team meetings and these folks spent a huge amount of time studying lore, reading in character journals, organizing and helping equip the Trimunative characters, Legion, and Helmites as to make them feel an integral part of a team. I felt welcome and needed.
                      I remember players Like; yourmoveholyman, and standurground, and sockndoorknob, who helped us to be vested in our alignments, arch types, personal stories, character development, and showed us the way to get involved and network together in character. We were very both character driven and faction / allies driven. Our characters celebrated our differences, bickered, loved, and lost together as we fought the good fight. " I remember even always hating Dain Tornbrook back then" ha ha. I had a wonderful time and those memories brought me back here once more.
                      I do not know much about any DM driven agenda's or the foiling of faction plans ala' "duex ex machina" as an evidence of favoritism. I know that careful planning is rewarded in game. I do know that ultimately the tide here has turned and most characters I see are evil. This is a thing that waxes and wan as people decide to experience new concepts and explore new angles and story developments.
                      As for me- I like playing Good and Heroic character's. I look about over the last couple months and see I am almost a Lone Wolf (on server) as playing good aligned at the moment. (at least I think) This I choose to receive as motivation, for the Vale seems to need someone to stand in the breach and rise up to become the next generation of Darius Blackwell's, or Ryland Padants, or Emiliana's, or Olivia Blackwell's.
                      I would bet that the vast majority of team evil is glad to see this thread being active after 2 months. I know that the players who play their primaries there are glad to have a good aligned p.c.'s rising up to have fun with. Some, Like "Sparky" has even offered to make good p.c.'s as to help me to be as successful as possible in getting established. he personally has explained that he's conflicted because of his normal primary character's
                      story line and position. He and I are establishing an in character side- arch story for the development of our character personalities. These folks have been Nice to me ooc. and I'm sure they realize what I am doing and how hard it is to gain success in game when you are by yourself. The point is: This is just a game. A very intricate one, but a game never the less. They are out to get me- in character. We are fellow gamers out of character and that camaraderie has been felt by me due to how willing other folks are to help out catching me up on what has happened in game over the last few years.
                      Mournas-I can read your post and sense your frustration with what has taken place, though I do not know what that is. I would only encourage you to get back on the horse and come join the fun. Oh, in case you didn't notice, I'm actually not a new player. I am an old pre sundering 2011-2013 player. I have traditionally been silent on the forums up til recently. No more.
                      Speaking of old players and character's: Let it be known that Ryland Padants Squire has returned to the Vale. "Vigilant" Angrem Brightmantle. If you are out there Standurground, Come Back. The land bleeds, it's people suffer.

Comment

I wouldn't feel to alone. There are other good characters on the sever, they just are not all in team good. I think that if you look around ICly, you will see far more good characters than you originally considered. Team Good has been pretty contentious since I started playing here, and seems pretty spread out. Let me know if you need help! I am excited to see the RP that rolls out from this.
                        GMT -9

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzziebunny View Post
                          I wouldn't feel to alone. There are other good characters on the sever, they just are not all in team good. I think that if you look around ICly, you will see far more good characters than you originally considered. Team Good has been pretty contentious since I started playing here, and seems pretty spread out. Let me know if you need help! I am excited to see the RP that rolls out from this.
                          Drunken frustrations aside. This is what I'm getting at. The whole "Team Good" and "Team Evil" thing is a little 2D.

Comment

Drunken frustrations aside. This is what I'm getting at. The whole "Team Good" and "Team Evil" thing is a little 2D.

Mournas, I feel your frustrations on the buddy buddy thing, but on a more long term note, I hope we both know the faction system is more than 2D. Things ebb and flow, and it all depends on interaction, and unfortunately play times. The idea of team good, team evil, I will give you, is an empty idea. There are those of us who enjoy role playing the given ethos and RP that brings us to "team this or that".

I think what is over looked is the fact that players of the same mind set tend to gravitate and work better together.

In the end it's all about the RP, and how much fun you're having. I soft retired a character I worked for years for, to have more fun. Sometimes it just works out that way.
                            [COLOR=Black][COLOR=Blue][I][B]Landristin Ly[/B][/I][/COLOR][I][B][COLOR=Blue]onstongue[/COLOR][/B][/I]: Ancient, Child of Colibrus. Advisor of Colibrus, Emissary of Sestra, Magistrate of Sestra.

-[I]Not fond of morning walks on the beach.[/I]
                            [/COLOR]

Comment

At times, I can't disagree. I'm guilty of roleplaying things as "evil" just for evil's sake.

Regardless, it seems far more productive and achievement-worthy to notice those weaknesses and develop more roleplaying depth with who you play, rather than getting drunk and pointing out all the faults with the system. (Anyone remember Forlorn/Ichbin doing the exact same, minus the liquor?)

To be honest, I've never seen you on the server when I have, so your rant came across analogous to something like an employee quitting a job they hated, then coming back to the job location several weeks/months later and just screaming "F**K THIS STUPID PLACE! EVERYTHING ABOUT IT IS DUMB! ALL THE SUPERVISORS ARE A BUNCH OF DICKS!" then storming off.

Maybe there's some kernels of truth in your concerns, and I apologize for dismissing you as just a negative nancy, but things won't ever be addressed coming at it belligerently.

I think if you gave it another try, you might be surprised. Hell, with what you've brought up, maybe you could shape things into a less 2D manner? You'll never know unless you give it a shot.

- Stephan McCranie

Comment

I have to agree. I feel as if you are just saying these things Mourans because you've quit out of frustrastion and want everyone to know. However Ive had mostly positive times with the server, even back when I played in 2011 era. Yeah I may have had a falling out with a DM about the way Paladins are forced to be represented but other than that it was fun. Now Im back, enjoying my company (even though most of it is team evilI) And even got my wife to play. Its less about who the DMs are and what they favor over enjoying your time RPing with the other community members.

I keep the same mindset with the DMs as I do the players. IF you dont like the way they are RPing than just walk away and find someone else to RP with. It works out well enough towhere I never get stressed or angered by the actions ingame.

That being said, Team Good back in action soon. I'll be bringing in some heavy RP hitters on that front. Screw stat and aall that, Its all about the RP baby
                                Computers is can solve a problem on kids. Using computers, kids be learn what he need, and this why computers used.

Comment

Working...
                                X