Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apprehending PCs: How should it be handled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As the necromancer with the undead appendage in question, I didn't actually "Kill" anyone that event. Sure, the guy who was running with my limb got turned to stone, but I have it on good authority he got better. And to also clarify further, we, that is to say the legion people with input from me that may or may not have been ignored, were actually discussing ways of you "getting away" and merely becoming a wanted fugitive.

When it comes to capturing people, you really just have a few issues, primarily "Is the person being captured going to actually go along and roleplay for thirty minutes for me to fine him and move along his day, or are they going to be mad they were captured and resist everything and then we have no IC choice but to lock you up for a day." That is usually the biggest problem I hear about from legion PC's, is the person they capture refusing to go along with RP and pay a small 500gp fine to just move about their day, and instead basically dig their own grave.

The fines system is being implemented a lot more by the legion now. You break a law, we fine you like 500-5000 gold depending on number and severity of the crime, you go to jail for like twenty real life minutes, and you are done. You pay the fine, you get out, RP over. That's pretty much all we do now when there is no dm's to intercede. Hell, we do that a lot now when there is. Honestly, if you don't want to be in jail for a long time, don't play your character like some sort of hardass who refuses to listen to common sense and just pay the damn fine and get out. You'll lose out on, at most, half an hour of your day for some good RP and some lost gold.

Or you could just stop getting caught breaking the law. Good criminals are never known to break the law, because they don't get caught doing it.

Or just don't break the law, but that's crazy talk.
    Tigen Amastacia: Died in events so you didn't have to.

Quintin Ulsteris: Nice-guy Legion engineer, deceased son of House Ulsteris.

Clandriel Cain: AKA "Fire-eyes" AKA "Demon hunter" AKA "OH MY GOD, WHY IS HE STILL STABBING ME!!??"

Comment

Working...
    X