Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch Notes (Sundren V0.70)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call me a fool but the way it is now seems balanced
    Originally posted by roguethree
    If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Please keep the thread OT, this isn't the "Debate crafting mechanics" thread, and there won't ever be one. The system has ONLY just been implemented. We are observing how it is working according to our standards for what we wish to accomplish.

If we deem something is not how we intended it, we will change it. Otherwise just sit back and enjoy.
      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Product of Void View Post
        so fatigue actually decreases stats that can take almost a month to recover?... I thought you just built up fatigue then had to wait for it to decrease before you can mine more.

15s might not be able to use all the features but when the cap goes to 20 they might be able to take skills/feats to use them then.

You don't actually take any stats penalties until you go over a 50 fatigue score, which you should never have to.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaeldorn View Post
          You don't actually take any stats penalties until you go over a 50 fatigue score, which you should never have to.
          neat..and I take it besides the stat modifiers the skill modifer kicks in too?

can't wait to play with this.
          blame everything right in my life on god -Me.
          Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me
          I am only what you percieve, and even that is an illusion. -Me.

Ashinet Clavin Shiv Shadowsong

Comment

Has the Tailoring/Leatherworking been implemented? I have found a wolf pelt and a badger coat. When examining the items it says, Tanning DC: 8. However, there is no item use button.

So, just wondering if it has or has not been implemented?
            sigpic
            Corvus Corax - Tracker, Scout, Spy, and finder of lost shadows

Comment

there are tools to use them....just have to look I have seen them. Just think Fashion.
              blame everything right in my life on god -Me.
              Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me
              I am only what you percieve, and even that is an illusion. -Me.

Ashinet Clavin Shiv Shadowsong

Comment

Originally posted by joker View Post
                Has the Tailoring/Leatherworking been implemented? I have found a wolf pelt and a badger coat. When examining the items it says, Tanning DC: 8. However, there is no item use button.

So, just wondering if it has or has not been implemented?
                Must've forgotten the on use. My bad.

I added those normal hide producers last.. any found from the next reset on should function. Those previously found are vendor material I'm afraid.

Comment

Thanks!

I just want to thank you again for putting all the time into this very unique crafting system. I am sure that we have only found a fraction of the the recipes so far.
                  sigpic
                  Corvus Corax - Tracker, Scout, Spy, and finder of lost shadows

Comment

Can this type of information be added to the wiki?

There is a ton of good information and about the rules and the mechanics (such as this thread) that would be best served in the wiki. That is the first place I look for anything "official". Weeding through the forums to see the "official word" or to see if something can be accomplished is painful at best and besides the wiki tends to be outdated and lacking. Note this a bunch of great information there but not all the important info that one needs.

Just my thoughts,
                    Nez
                    Elandra: A former Red Blade, now roams the wilderness with the Lone wolf as her guide
                    Alexandra: Ever faithful (just shy of a Zealot)
                    Yodglum: May Kossuth's flame light your way and burn those in it!
                    Ash: Dusty old miner of still looking for the "mother load" on Exigo's stag

Shaving kittens: not an official sport, but fun just the same

Comment

Originally posted by Kaeldorn
                      - Opposed elemental damage will overwrite the existing one (with warning), and there is a cap of 2 damage increasing enchantments on any weapon.
                      It this still true about the "2 damage increasing enchantments"? For I have seen items in stores (I think) and newly crafted weapons that have more than 2.

-Or-

It only referring to 2 elemental damage? If so can divine or simple +2 dam be added to a weapon that has say fire and lightning?
                      Elandra: A former Red Blade, now roams the wilderness with the Lone wolf as her guide

Comment

Two things on this:

1) It's been noted many times that the current crafting system is going to be replaced and isn't supported. We no longer have our expert in crafting and won't be investing our resources into learning it when it's going to be replaced. The team won't be updating any information on the current crafting on Sundren.

2) AFAIK, the Wiki is editable by the community. If folks want to update the crafting information there, then by all means, do so. If this isn't the case, let us know and we'll grant access to volunteers.

For what it's worth, I agree that the current crafting wasn't sufficiently documented for the community. It's something I hope can be given more attention in the next iteration.

Thanks for understanding--
                        "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
                        -Bill Maher

Comment

I understand that no work is being done on the old system and efforts are being put towards the new one (as it should be).

With the exception of my last post (on the the damage), I was trying to request this good, useful information be added to the wiki. I was unaware that "players" could update the wiki for I thought that was restricted (it is for me).

Yes, the crafting current system's documentation is far from complete. I would take some time (and request access to the wiki) to update it if I knew how long it will remain. if only for a month it most likely not worth it but if it is for 6 months it would.

Thank for your response and keep up all the good work!

Nez

Comment

We have no ETA on the new system, unfortunately.

Have you created an account on the Sundren Wiki?
                            "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
                            -Bill Maher

Comment

I just did and can bring up the edit mode... I think I am all set. I will try to add some of the info that I have found on the forum.

Thank you for all the info,
                              Nez

Comment

Sure thing. Thanks in advance for any updates you make to the Wiki.
                                -Bill Maher

Comment

Working...
                                X