Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch Notes (Sundren V0.70)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch Notes (Sundren V0.70)

New creatures:
    - RWS Hellfire's creature pack: stirges, purple worms, myconids, gelatinous cubes, oozes, naga, mako sharks and hammerhead sharks
    - Bouncyrock's Minotaurs and Driders

Crafting System (first installment - open testing):
    NOTE: The new crafting system will not truly be accessible until the necessary items are distributed inside the module. This is scheduled to happen tomorrow for a server update - no new client update needs to be done.

- Uses (a heavily modified version of) the SoZ recipe-based crafting system
    - The new crafting UI, making it possible to select other players as assistants to provide skills/spells needed to create an item
    - Tailoring, Woodworking and Jewelcrafting implemented
    - Imbue Material implemented
    - Over 450 custom recipes designed specifically for Sundren, and more to come
    - Mining implemented, with custom UI
    - Woodcutting implemented
    - Various resource nodes have been added to many different areas
    - Essence extraction and creature parts providing those essences have gone through some changes to work similarly to smelting ore, preparing timber and preparing hides. (more on that later)
    - A point-based crafting fatigue penalty system with a craft maximum implemented (will be more thoroughly explained)
    - Race- and deity based bonuses/restrictions
    - Overwriting existing enchantments of the same type when an item has the maximum number of enchantments on it now works again
    - Opposed elemental damage will overwrite the existing one (with warning), and there is a cap of 2 damage increasing enchantments on any weapon.
    - Hazard scenarios added on failed skill checks with crafting and mining
    - The old distilling items to gain essences will no longer work. Crafting workbenches no longer have an inventory and will instead work with the new UI and recipes
    - Old molds will no longer work, new ones will replace them and last indefinitely through crafting

Gem Socketing System:
    - Socket gems and socketed items have been added. Currently, these are only obtained through crafting. Socketed gems co-exist alongside item enchantments and do not count towards the enchant maximum.

Miscellaneous:
    - Armor-equip timer added. It's possible to cancel the action, but a short temporary dexterity penalty is incurred.
    - Drop rates for crafting components reduced, bosses no longer drop gems for certain
    - Many stores have had adjustments to the items sold, items used in the old crafting system will no longer be available and some faction items have been tuned (props to PL for that)
    - Fixed some issues with the player resurrection through conversation with cleric NPC's
    - The Thayan Enclave has gained a new area dedicated to crafting
    - The Sundren Comfort Inn and the Triumvirate Temple Barracks have gained a few more sit-able chairs
    - Second Wind feat changed: now has 3 uses per day and a cooldown of 10 minutes. Should be more useful at higher levels
    - Sundrite Ore can no longer be gathered without mining skill. It's now also a crafting component besides being a quest item.

Excellent!
    Anorith Imyn A young elven girl with a thirst of blood and power.
    -Exigo Syndicate: Rank 1
    -Watchful Sister: Rank 1
    -Dragon Blood: 100% Completed
    - Done -

Comment

Are the old gems still in use or are there new gems? I'm a little confused? I'd been saving my gems until the new system came in because I didn't want to get something made that would contradict the new rules for items.
      If honour is truth and a lie is respect, then a secret is sacred.
      Confide in me my friend and I shall love you like no other.

Comment

The same gems are still in use. However, some gems you'll collect from now on will be raw, and need to be cut by a jewelcrafter to be used in other crafts.

Comment

Also:

* You'll find a few changes in the module based upon the results of the reptile plot.
          * The reminants of the naga have taken up residence in the Smoldering Caverns. Should offer an alternative for XP opposed to lizards and Veritas.
          "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
          -Bill Maher

Comment

Props to player-driven consequences.

And I guess to hours upon hours of ridiculously hard work, toiling in the scripting lair for Kael.
            Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

A big pat on the back for Kaeldorn who has put forth an immense amount of work to create something truly unique and interesting for Sundren... it will be many weeks before players have even fully explored all this new functionality.
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Props to Kael indeed.
                I got one leg missin'
                How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
                Meet the Feebles

Comment

I foresee many new level 3 characters in Sundren's future.
                  Dalian - Shapeshifter of the Tuatha Dé Dúlra
                  "My true identity goes beyond the outer roles I play. It transcends the Self."
                  UTC -4

Comment

Looks awesome, can't wait to try it all out.
                    -Arcanist Josirah Caranos, Red Wizard of Thay

Comment

New update = The Shiznit.

Thanks guys!
                      Characters:
                      Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
                      Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
                      If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

Fantastic work, Kaeldorn! Many thanks for the generosity of your time it has taken to put this together from scratch.

Comment

yeah indeed, thanks!

can't wait to get home today :P
                          "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Comment

Thanks for all the hard work!

It makes Sundren a more unique world.
                            • Dalrion - Ranger of the Viridale
                            • Constantine - Adorned of Ilmater
                            • Crom - Priest of Gorm
                            Bring me a Shrubbery!

Comment

I have a question:

The crafting system will be based only in the current ranks on the skill or the crafting system includes a virtual leveling system like the CNR?
                              Anorith Imyn A young elven girl with a thirst of blood and power.
                              -Exigo Syndicate: Rank 1
                              -Watchful Sister: Rank 1
                              -Dragon Blood: 100% Completed
                              - Done -

Comment

Working...
                              X