Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch Notes (Sundren V0.70)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It uses your skill ranks.

Comment

I've had a few questions regarding the conversations for Red Blade, Legion, Hands of Mundus, and Exigo NPCs.

Yes, there are stores in the game. Unfortunately we haven't had time to write the scripts yet to link the conversation with the stores based on your faction. So, in the very near future, faction stores for those subfactions and factions will be available.
      "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
      -Bill Maher

Comment

Wow, that's quite a haul in changes. I can't wait to get in there and experimenting with the crafting system with my wizard.

I am wondering though:

- Are there are any wiki or online guides to how you actually go through the new process of creation?
        - Current recipe books, are they still required? (my poor wiz will get spina bifida from the amount of tomes he currently carries)

Comment

Although it's fairly simple in essence, there are a few less obvious factors. So I'll write a guide.

And no, the tomes will no longer be used.

Comment

I broke the zip on my motorcycle leathers today just thinking about all this new stuff.

Does this mean all these recipe books I've collected are useless? There is going to be an OOC kind of mass guide thing?

Is anything in the old tomes worth having or is it a case of they are just worth trading in for gold at the local shop?
            If honour is truth and a lie is respect, then a secret is sacred.
            Confide in me my friend and I shall love you like no other.

Comment

Do what these guys did in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade:

http://www.theraider.net/showimage.p...nshots/248.jpg

Could be quite spectacular if you gather enough people to do it. In case of Juggra, you could use them for language lessons/toilet paper.

Comment

...you had me worried there for a minute. "Do what these guys did" and you link to a picture of a Nazi parade

Then i saw the fire and understood what you meant silly me. Anyway all this new stuff sounds extraordinary, I'm pretty psyched
                Avery Selino - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIP4Q_L5iCM
                Davey Brinnerstaal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E3c-X86Y6o
                Fregrin Ross - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPE9uSFFxrI

The songs have absolutely nothing to do with the characters. But they are awesome songs.

Comment

Recipes are available, but don't use them yet until the server reset please. There has been a small, but crash-causing bug that should be fixed by then.

And about the picture.. yeah, I thought about posting it or not, but decided it couldn't do any harm since it's on a page that's not dubious at all

Comment

I no longer love you, Kaeldorn.

Botched my first attempt on the new system! *cries*
                    -Arcanist Josirah Caranos, Red Wizard of Thay

Comment

Ok, good to see that's working. And that I can disable the text info

And here's a tip: the GP cost and failure chance can be calculated into your selling price.
                      Another tip: you can try to have more skilled craftsmen/more powerful casters assist you to reduce failure chance.

Comment

I r confused what happen? the new crafting system has some kind of dice rolling chance to failure?
                        blame everything right in my life on god -Me.
                        Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me
                        I am only what you percieve, and even that is an illusion. -Me.

Ashinet Clavin Shiv Shadowsong

Comment

Yup. Skill/Caster Level+1d10 vs. DC. Will try to get a guide up tomorrow.

Comment

cool can't get IG to try it yet (nor have a charactor able to craft yet). But nice to know/understand.

I take it skill varies. for different items or all spell craft?

does caster level take in the feat practiced caster?
                            blame everything right in my life on god -Me.
                            Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me
                            I am only what you percieve, and even that is an illusion. -Me.

Ashinet Clavin Shiv Shadowsong

Comment

Caster level is the same as what you cast the spell at. Data is collected from you actually casting the spell on a workbench, so all modifiers are taken into account.

Not all recipes require a skill check. It can theoretically be any combination of one or two skill checks and one or two spells+caster levels. Most recipes only take one skill check or one casting power check, and a couple require a combination.

Comment

With regards to the other people helping you when crafting thingy:

Does this work with an activity like Mining?

E.g. You have a squad of miners, one is just ultra good at mining, another is a woodworker/engineer and the last is just the biz at dungeoneering.

Could the three of you combine your skills to make a safer, more thorough and efficient mining session?
                                If honour is truth and a lie is respect, then a secret is sacred.
                                Confide in me my friend and I shall love you like no other.

Comment

Working...
                                X