Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update 12/11/2007 - 1.11 Patch and a change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vekin View Post
    Just wait till next time your PC is bleeding to death Ill forget how to RP healing....
    lol.. okay.. but ive yet to see Takhla dancing nekkid under the moonlight.

Did the official patch break more things than it fixed? I have the sneaking suspicion...
    "Im a hero hunter, I hunt heroes... I havn't found any yet"

Comment

Originally posted by Aux View Post
      Did the official patch break more things than it fixed? I have the sneaking suspicion...
      Of course it broke more! Come on, don't be stupid.
      ~Lyonette L'cyr (Rook)-- Deader than Malaclypse

~Megandlla Uyth 'Llar -- In a land Far Far away!

~Emilee Mistwalker -- A Female Sigrun? Pfft, far cooler--.... eh.... Hated!!

Comment

, there are acutally a few singing bards. And some tell tales. I love those ones, remind me of long time ago on sundren. Drow Bards FTW .

Comment

Originally posted by Aux View Post
          Nice one on the nerfing* of the HiPS, now, if we could only find some bards that can sing...
          Try Krysta, Level 8 Bard with 17 perform.
          Whom I think has a wonderful voice as well. Tehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
            There's a number of flaws in that statement, and Sundren has not "NERFED" ANYTHING. We said there was no powerbuild rule because common sense applies. But as I already stated we have users like you who seem to have no issue blatently exploiting classes to gain benefits. Because a number of users like you have decided to do this we have made the administrative decision to bump that feat to level 4. The class has lost nothing, in fact it has gained integrity because now it won't be just purely for it's first feat which is HipS.

And actually he doesn't lose attack, while it shows in your char sheet that the tower shield decreases your AB, if you look at your rolls you will find that it in fact does not. As I already explained completely maxxing a char with that given example is absolute blatent exploitation of the game for PvP/PvM purposes. You don't see the problem with it because you obviously powerbuild your characters.
            Wow, two posts and you know everything about me. Dude, you should play professional poker if you can read people that well, you'd clean up.

I admit I didn't know about the tower sheild thing since I never use them. However, in order to use a scythe one handed you have to take monkey grip, which gives a penalty to hit. Unless that's screwed up as well and I haven't found anything saying it is.

We obviously have different definitions of what nerfed means.

Going around hacking up other chars is a different issue than just power building so you can have a strong char. Thanks for giving some more info on what that char was doing, BeastX.

The whole SD class has been screwy since it was first introduced. One really good ability and a lot of ones that are redundant with the main class that would want to add that as a prestige class. Then a bunch of marginal abilities and not real great skill selections on top of that. It pretty much screams for rogues to exploit it. (Heck, pretty much all of 3rd ed. is set up for powergaming) And, it's never translated well into NWN. The best way to give the class more "integrity" (I had to laugh when I read that one) would be to make its other abilities better. Like making the shadow more like a familiar that becomes stronger as you lvl (like its supposed to be) and increasing the duration of shadow evade. Yes, you'd still have people taking the one lvl of it but a lot more people would take multiple lvls in it. Not that obsidian appears to have any interest in actually doing anything about the class.

Comment

I think most of the summons are garbage in NWN2. The only decent one is the Skeleton from the blackguard. And that had to get buffed after we all had an uproar and screamed at Rob.

I'm not against buffing some classes that need it to a degree, but our list of things to do is large. This change for HIPS took me 2 seconds, so I made it. Maybe the shadows will be stronger, maybe new abilities, not sure.

Comment

Just saying, most of the time when I've used summons, even on Sundren they've been very helpful.
                Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
                Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
                Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
                Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
                Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
                Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

Being only my first NWN2 or NWN1 character, I have to say HiPS can feel like an "I win" button, but Krislin is not out for glory and dominance, so I have yet to RP a PVP encounter of note.

(Sigrun and sparred a few times after the attack on the Temple of Kelemvor, to work out his arm, and to test subdual, but that's the sum total of it)

I've only "heard" negative things about the summon. Let me get back to you in a week or two, and I'll give you my opinion, for what it's worth.
                  Last edited by dharma; 12-12-2007, 12:44 AM. Reason: Typos galore! Shouldn't post after writing stories for work
                  Krislin Sent
                  -----------------
                  Upholding the mysterious complexity of all things. A mirror to truth.

Comment

Summons are really bad. I remember having one of the level 20 banite cleric summon an Elite vampire. It was amusing to see it die to a level 10 cleric or the such. HMM.

Comment

Right so..to recap. SD HIPS is changed to 4th lvl to get it and the patch pretty much sucked anyways. Really dont need another huge post about people complaining and going off into a whole topic on summons.
                      Sacrifice everything as the final darkness falls... in the end, all that awaits you is death. Only then will you understand - you've been following in my footsteps all along.
                      So come then, you heroes! Come in all your power and glory! For in the final hour, all must serve the one... true... king.

Comment

Without complaining and thread hijaking, internet forums would be like, dead.

Comment

So true, but you forgot all the trolling stuff.
                          ~ The puppetmaster of Xilphia Redclaw & Thyral Hammerhand ~

Comment

The patch pretty much sucked? You on crack scourn? This patch was great! Stealth fixed! And some DM bugs they didn't document were fixed! The patch was great. I can finally make things fight again.

Comment

Yes, and I can finally get pick pocketed leaving the Military Ward last night!

*he shakes his fist in fury ... at some ... person*

The stealth being fixed is huge.
                              ~ Sigrun Hael - Ranger of the Viridale

~ Aoden Haven - Former Swordcaptain

Comment

I think everyone should go back and read the pick pocketing rules so that we don't have a hue and cry when a bunch of stealth people show up and start stealing like crazy.

You can find them here: http://www.sundren.org/forum/faq.php?faq=1#faq_gameplay

Comment

Working...
                                X