Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PvP - What punishment should exist?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Already on the planned list.

Comment

Originally posted by crazyjerren View Post
      Had to lawl at that.

Dead Player: *is dead*
      Other Player: ((whoa!!! what an amazing RPer!
      Dead Player: *remains dead*
      Other Player: ((that is top notch!
      Dead Player: *body goes into rigamortis*
      Other Player: "His body is looking a little stiff... amazing!"
      Dead Player smashs his head against his keyboard in frustration.
      Dead Player: "dlaskfhsajfda"
      Other Player: ".... Did you hear that? it made a sound!"
      Dead Player: ((Oops!

I've felt like that before >.> And this was just a rant of bordom, pay it little attention
      lawlerskates XD

Comment

I think 10 minutes would be optimal.
        That's long enough to make people who don't take regard for getting killed frustrated enough to be more careful, and short enough not to discourage players from the server.
        Vicho Stormson: "How dare you defy the supremacy of Talos! ... well I'll let you get away with it, this time."

Comment

I think five minutes would be, but, hey, that's me.

Comment

I think the Corpse Token idea is great. It would be more like the PnP game that i love so much.

Comment

If players could be mature about it, when killed in PvP, a message box could appear to the one who's died, asking if they were killed w/ RP reasons or with out. Depending on the victims answer the killer would take exp/gold damage to compensate. Although that may cause some to hit "with out" just because their angry.

Aside from that I think the wait should be 10-20minutes and maybe a small-medium loss in gold due to amount of scavengers stealing from you in the area, while your laying there unconscious.
              "Genius unrefined resembles a flash of lightning, but wisdom is like the sun." - Franz Grillparzer

Dermish Goodman- Human Lightning Rod & Freewill Advocator

Ghost Littleknight - Ghost you rosin up your bow and play your fiddle hard. 'Cos hells broke loose in Sundren and the devil deals the cards.

Draego Jewelstro - Halfling Initiate to the Hand of Mundus.

Comment

Originally posted by Akitsuki View Post
                how about a Subdual ModE!!!!! then we can PVP without killing when nessisary

would help with RP... hate it when i kill somebody in 1 hit when i was planning on dragging them off and having my... er i mean interrigating them
                o.o I second that notion.
                "Genius unrefined resembles a flash of lightning, but wisdom is like the sun." - Franz Grillparzer

Dermish Goodman- Human Lightning Rod & Freewill Advocator

Ghost Littleknight - Ghost you rosin up your bow and play your fiddle hard. 'Cos hells broke loose in Sundren and the devil deals the cards.

Draego Jewelstro - Halfling Initiate to the Hand of Mundus.

Comment

Regarding subdual, here, this was one page back:

Originally posted by GodBeastX View Post
                  Already on the planned list.
                  PC - Corwin Eska'las (Sun Elf pursuing the dream of becoming a Bladesinger)

Alt PC - Brevin Smoothands (meticulously groomed half orc bard swashbuckler... sort of... sings great, less fighting)

Comment

Alright, Thank you for you votes. My analysis is this.

I think most people tend to favor either no punishment or a timer. Judging by the votes in these three areas, a long timer is felt a bit extreme, so I will likely go with a three minute timer for respawn based on vote allotment.

Now, for a new poll regarding this...

Comment

Working...
                    X