Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PvP - What punishment should exist?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PvP - What punishment should exist?

Alot of people have concerns over PvP not being harsh enough on the person killed. So here is my poll to see where the community stands on it.
    No Penalty and respawn at any time (Current Method)
    25.93%
    No Exp/Gold Penalty, 1 - 10 min wait for respawn
    38.89%
    No Exp/Gold Penalty, 30+ min wait for respawn
    11.11%
    Experience loss or Gold loss
    12.04%
    I think the losses should be on the killer
    6.48%
    Other (Please Post)
    5.56%

Currently the system is fine if players begin understanding death is a big thing. Push comes to shove the system should be made to a 5 min. or so waiting period so that in big rolelpayed events players can't just jump back into the fray.

Comment

30 Minutes seems fine to me. Because people who die could respawn in a town, then someone who saw them die who went to twon would go ''how are you alive?''.

Comment

what about if the person instigating the assault would rack up points and once a certain limit was reached that character would start to gain certain aspects, like guards would at first just say where keeping an eye on you, towns people begin to distrust you and so on till guards go after you onsite and towns folk wont talk to you deal with you ect and you get 10% exp pen. and at that point you wake up in jail for a certain amount of time untill you are tried or escape, broken out
        Angrim Thundergut: The Incredible Bulk

The Hint Banality

FINISH HIM!

^, >, >, V, X

Screen goes dark

Large red hand smashes opponent to chunky salsa

Banality!

Comment

It would depend. If the person is killed in a legit RP'd PvP, then no xp/gold loss and 30 minutes. If, however, the person is killed by a PKer without RP, the penalty of xp and gold loss plus time out should fall on the killer.

SteeleButterfly
          SteeleButterfly
          playing Kitharis

Comment

My guess is that it can only be scripted one way. One penalty for PvP and not 'if it was legitimate rp leading up to a penalty is fine, otherwise no penalty'.

Honestly, I think a low penalty would be good. If there were only mature players about, then a harsher penalty would make sense - but because I don't think there are, let's not punish those that die at the hands of others...
            Playing Asha'easaahae Illeleste & Frem

Comment

I am all for a gold/xp hit and a 10-15 minute wait.
              "Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man."
              - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by SteeleButterfly View Post
                It would depend. If the person is killed in a legit RP'd PvP, then no xp/gold loss and 30 minutes. If, however, the person is killed by a PKer without RP, the penalty of xp and gold loss plus time out should fall on the killer.

SteeleButterfly
                I second SteeleButterfly's suggestion.
                Thain

Astin

Dergil

Comment

Originally posted by Belwas View Post
                  I second SteeleButterfly's suggestion.
                  If you can script her suggestion, I'll take it.

Comment

I support no penalties, as it helps some creative solutions in RP and limits damage griefers can cause.

Comment

Agreed, forgot about those buggers who swing first ands ask questions later.

Comment

Mine was other... I would like an all item drop, and clerical rez only, but thats not going to happen of course :P

Comment

We'd have greedy people goading others into PVP just to loot. :|

Comment

I voted for 1-10 minute wait, because i think thats very reasonable. In general, i don't like penalties for PvP, but if people don't think its harsh enough, i suggest a bit of gold loss that is transferred to the killer.

Originally posted by SteeleButterfly View Post

SteeleButterfly
                            Since we already have to warn them of PvP, which i totally agree with, why don't we take a page from the PvP servers and use a tool to initiate RP PvP, that way everyone would HAVE to RP it.
                            Last edited by Maxx Powers; 02-28-2007, 09:20 AM. Reason: additional comment
                            Heh, i guess my characters are deleted, now. Updating char list soon!

Comment

Hmmm, I think the current method is fine at the moment but that's because I haven't really seen any PVP deaths. The 10 minute waiting time to respawn sounds good but maybe some else to go with it.
                              Dale Kalmir -Fighter/Lover/Leader/Hero
                              Arcadius Delmont- Snob
                              Drum - Little
                              Syris Namor - Sober

Comment

Working...
                              X