Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is Sundren's DM coverage?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is Sundren's DM coverage?

What timezone are you in? What times do you play? Do you see other DM events going on, do you ever become involved in them?

Sundren has a lot of new DMs and we are committed to trying to give everyone a pleasent experience. We understand some users may be on timezones which don't have a lot of DMs on.
    Excellent, I always see things going on!
    30.51%
    Pretty good, but sometimes none are around
    32.20%
    I don't see events much when I'm on
    32.20%
    I'm starving for DM attention! please!
    5.08%
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Hehe Do I get a cookie for being first

Yeah I've been in a few run events but there were run early in the morning (Im in GMT)

But so far so good, even had an DM cater for a RP line that I was doing, so they do read an watch what your Char is doing and if thier not busy will add to the mix ..
    "We are what we think.
    All that we are arises with our thoughts.
    With our thoughts, we make our world"

Comment

This being my first PW, I am under the impression that DM involvement is top notch on this server. Maybe I am wrong, but I see Tao around an awful lot and have been through a couple events. That's enough for me.
      I play eastern US timezone, but i work screwy hours.
      Trent Galley- Former member of Thayan cartel "Shadowmasters"
      Justano Cain- Classic farmboy turned adventurer

Comment

I have been involved in a couple DM events; however, I probably could have been involved in more if I had known there were any going on.

Since there is no event calendar, it would be great if a DM wants to do an event, especially a large one, to send out a shout so that we know something is going on. I have more and more started hanging out in likely areas where events might take place, but nothing has happened.

The RP exchange was nice and the XP you get for rping was nice also, but the events would be much better, IMO. I love action more than anything and the RP element coupled with action and thinking is my cup of tea

Comment

Very few events in my times, but i'm in GMT, so thats understandable. We brits always suck at the timezones :P

Comment

Originally posted by Darkended Blade View Post
            Very few events in my times, but i'm in GMT, so thats understandable. We brits always suck at the timezones :P
            Ironic dont ya think since we invented it
            "We are what we think.
            All that we are arises with our thoughts.
            With our thoughts, we make our world"

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganKing View Post
              I have been involved in a couple DM events; however, I probably could have been involved in more if I had known there were any going on.

Since there is no event calendar, it would be great if a DM wants to do an event, especially a large one, to send out a shout so that we know something is going on. I have more and more started hanging out in likely areas where events might take place, but nothing has happened.

The RP exchange was nice and the XP you get for rping was nice also, but the events would be much better, IMO. I love action more than anything and the RP element coupled with action and thinking is my cup of tea
              Calendar is here. Link is right beside the members list. DMs usually write pre-planned events in it but a lot of events are just run whenever the DM is on.
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

GMT time here.

Usually 7pm till 11pm GMT (2pm tll 6pm EST I think)

With the new DMs now on board we seem to have a lot more on during my playing times where as befrore it was usually just DM Aux trying to kill us

Been in a few events with Takhla, ranging from a few extra mobs in a area to more quest based ones, all of whch have been fun.
                Currently playing:

Bree Merrymar: Paladin of the Wayward Wardens

Comment

GMT should be much better catered for now, as theres now 3 gmt DM's... myself, Dune, and Rawor.

Alot of my 'events' are often off the cuff, and not planned as such, I never use the Shout channel for these... partly because you may get half the server turning up, but also because I try to do it IC as possible.

Where did the 'event' term come from anyway?... only came across it before here on MMORPG's. I dont like the term myself, as it has huge OOC and metagaming connetations.
                  "Im a hero hunter, I hunt heroes... I havn't found any yet"

Comment

I find myself in multiple DM events per day. But then, I'm on all the time.
                    -Arcanist Josirah Caranos, Red Wizard of Thay

Comment

Ive only been playing for about a week and half, and I see DM events all the time and I've been in a few myself. Seems pretty excellent.

EST I've been in ones in the morning, late at night, excellent job.
                      Names Taallic.

Only time can save the world now.
                      Immortality is your last hope.
                      For my existence to be true, Hell's Fire must burn hotter than Heaven's Cold Gates can stand.

Comment

I think that DM GodBeastX is a complete nub. I was running around as a level 3 barbarian and I fought a lich, the lich killed me! What kind of event is that? I so should have won!

BUt seriously, for the same reason as Aux, I don't send out shouts too often for events. I sometimes do, and when I do nobody shows up So I just pick on people as I see them.

Generally, I don't write events with a finite story, I find that avoiding this winds up better for players because, they in effect, have more control over what happens to themselves. I even introduce NPCs as neutral alot of times and let players sway them to good/evil or law/chaos.

I would say, it's easier for DMs to personalize events for characters that have outward personalities. The guy that's always in the back, sitting quietly, watching, is not likely to get personalization in events because we have too little to work with. But the RP'er who asserts their player's personality so we can derive possible outcomes for them, those ones we tend to be able to pick plots for more often. Strong RP skill will get you more events more often.

Also, I sometimes bring dungeons alive more often (Like last night under aquor) but, I check to see how much the party involved is trying to RP their dungeon encounter before I do this. People that are obviously just going "Hey, I'm here for Experience and loot, so I'm not going to RP much" doesn't get dungeon plots.

Comment

I stand corrected, I did not know there was an event calendar

Also, I would love to have much more interaction when we are in a dungeon or area. Especially since most of the people I run around with always RP, whether we are bored and just dungeon crawling or if we are actually trying to gain a certain objective.

I do think the DM coverage is very good now, by the way.

By the way, I am EST.
                          Last edited by ThePaganKing; 12-07-2007, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GodBeastX View Post
                            I would say, it's easier for DMs to personalize events for characters that have outward personalities. The guy that's always in the back, sitting quietly, watching, is not likely to get personalization in events because we have too little to work with. But the RP'er who asserts their player's personality so we can derive possible outcomes for them, those ones we tend to be able to pick plots for more often. Strong RP skill will get you more events more often.
                            That's not necessarily true, though. Brooding characters work but the player needs to know how to make them work, and they have to accept that 'watcher' position. I know a lot of people who wonder why they get bored while playing a 'cool sinister brooding character', because they tend to want their own personal storylines for their dark and corner-sitting character. Being a brooder means you have to accept that you are a watcher, and you have to find enjoyment by watching other people, even when you have no involvement. If you don't like it, then don't play that kind of character. I personally am often a brooder but I find it quite fun to simply sit back and watch other people RP, I love to observe without having any personal involvement. Just because your character has absolutely no involvement in a DM event doesn't mean you can't still enjoy a DM event.

Another way to make brooding characters work is to make sure to bring out their strengths when they do become involved. That's what I do. I get lots of personalized DM events even though my character often sits on her own or is quiet, because the few times she does get drawn in she reacts in a way that really shows her character and provides the DMs with things to work with.

When RPing, you've got to be either one of two things: an proactionary character, or a strong reactionary character. The former guarantees you get attention, the latter doesn't get immediate attention but guarantees that when you do get attention you exploit it as much as possible to show your quality which then gives the DMs something to work with in the future.
                            -Arcanist Josirah Caranos, Red Wizard of Thay

Comment

I find enough DM Attention on me alot. And the DMs give everyone attention IMO, they just go around. *Shrug.* I"m pretty sure most old players have had their moments where they were the main person of a plot.

Comment

Working...
                              X