Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of the new Sundren Crafting system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are a few high end components that can only ever be attained as a drop. Either because they are monster parts, or because the material isn't native to Sundren. Though things like ore you can't normally 'find', for the reason you named yourself already.

The way for a non-crafter/gatherer to obtain such items/materials is buying them from other players. You won't necessarily have to serve as a bodyguard to anyone as long as you have the stags. That's how the system is intended to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaeldorn View Post
      Just to be sure.. but have you noticed that common Acid Flasks are made in stacks of 5? They're not that terribly expensive.
      *facepalm* Okay, I withdraw that concern!
      I prepared Explosive Runes this morning.

Comment

I'm just getting impatient waiting for the higher grade recipies to get into circulation...I was hoping to make an adamatium greatsword for SAin...I have 60k to put towards the process, but no one has the recipes yet...so i wait. I really love the new crafting though. So, I'll juts wait and RP. Also I'm not sure if this is the place to ask for this, but is sound damage an option to put on weapons in Sundren?
        Sain- Immunes Legionaire and Ex-Adept of the now decimated Red Blades
        Dane Kensbane- Farmboy struggling to adjust to his new life as a favored of Illmater
        Peeli Pebblepounder- Beardless dwarven scout and woodsman
        Alexi Starsunder- Extremely young and headstrong elven rogue searching for his adopted dwarven uncle.
        Siriandel Starsunder- Grizzled Elven ranger, and estranged uncle of Alexi

Comment

Yes, sonic weapon enchants exist. Though, they can only be applied to melee weapons.

Comment

First up, I LOVE the crafting mechanics.

You may disagree with some of the numbers involved, but these things are MODIFIABLE if required, and staff have said they will monitor and review. The large amounts of skill and time required to make everything work is already done.

With regards adamantine/mithral, under the current mechanics I believe the main limiter is going to be mining fatigue, not recipes.

If mithral has fatigue (11-modifiers), then you're looking at a high-level miner taking about 3 months to gather enough for a single set of plate, and only after the new batch of PC's gets to higher levels. Assuming the miner wants to outfit one person, then that's well over six real-life months to gather enough mithral/best weapon ore for a shield/weapon/armor. Gathering ore for bodyguards/smiths/enchanters, or recovering fatigue if the PC is fufilling those roles as well, means an even longer time period on top of that.

The math means that rare metals are going to be rare, and for at least some time.

Comment

yes this is true, but most people who are minors are going to have around -6 or -7 to thier mining by the time that they get to a high enough lvl to mine mithril *which i can't find for the life of me lol* or adamantium so they could actually get it fairly fast, but still slow enough to keep it rare like you said.

I agree all in all i love it.
              Sain- Immunes Legionaire and Ex-Adept of the now decimated Red Blades
              Dane Kensbane- Farmboy struggling to adjust to his new life as a favored of Illmater
              Peeli Pebblepounder- Beardless dwarven scout and woodsman
              Alexi Starsunder- Extremely young and headstrong elven rogue searching for his adopted dwarven uncle.
              Siriandel Starsunder- Grizzled Elven ranger, and estranged uncle of Alexi

Comment

Wasn't going to post but I broke down to say it.

Gathered resources for the first time a few days ago, was pretty harmless. I'll investigate crafting more now that I have a character who I plan on having crafting - but for the purposes of the poll I answered 'I don't really use crafting.' It may change, but for now I don't see myself getting too heavy into it.

I hope that's the kind of feedback you were looking for.
                It is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate." - I Cor. 1:19

Comment

The crafting system is good on some aspects though ... lets get real 24 hours Real life time to remove 1 point of fatigue? Thats Bogus ... Once you hit 100 thats 2400 Hours to wait till you have a full zero fatigue again. Okay so you're a dwarf with a 18 or 20 Con so now you only have to wait 1900-2000 Hours ... (Thats around 80-84 DAYS) give me at the rate you can spit out an item people should be charging 400-500 staggs per fatigue spent just to make it worth it. So a suit of Mithril Fullplate would be 65000 stags for everything combined (Mining, Crafting the ingots etc then the Fullplate and then a very small tip). You're basically working for 32.5 Staggs an hour which I guess is kinda fair (Since gold in NWN2 is a collective of Copper Silver Electrum Gold and Platinum).
                  "Service to a cause greater than yourself is the utmost honor you can achieve."

Comment

Working...
                  X