Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of the new Sundren Crafting system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of the new Sundren Crafting system?

I'd like to have some positive input on what people think of the crafting system and how overall it improves the Sundren experience.
    It's the best!
    14.89%
    Great
    27.66%
    It's okay
    14.89%
    I don't really use crafting
    42.55%
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

*coughs*

A poll where you can't say anything negative

Are we really that afraid of the players' oppinions?

Comment

HAH. I am sure folks will speak up if they find issue.

So far I am just hoping to find vampric enchantment ability for weapons. I have also been pondering the fatigue thing. From the example in the wiki it looks like someone can enchant 1 item every month and a half. Could be wrong but no sure?

I look forward to playing with it more but have not acheived a charactor able to do any neat enchanting yet.
      blame everything right in my life on god -Me.
      Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me
      I am only what you percieve, and even that is an illusion. -Me.

Ashinet Clavin Shiv Shadowsong

Comment

In one week or so, when I finally hit Level 15 with Anorith I will do a crafter guy to test.
        Anorith Imyn A young elven girl with a thirst of blood and power.
        -Exigo Syndicate: Rank 1
        -Watchful Sister: Rank 1
        -Dragon Blood: 100% Completed
        - Done -

Comment

I love the idea behind it. Spreading the resources into other hands beyond casters, diluting the money involved throughout the economy rather than to just the enchanter, and making a bunch of pieces to the puzzle make crafting something an accomplishment; all good ideas. I can't actually comment on anything other than the idea, however, as I have no experience crafting with the new system.

Unfortunately, because the components to crafting are so spread out, there's nothing for my character to do as an enchanter. I need to wait for someone to mine, someone to smith, someone to cut a gem, someone to find the recipe and the mold and the gem to begin with, someone to cut trees for the wooden components, and so on. It'll be a long time before I can ever actually test the system, I think.
          Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

Kangleton-

Umm.. not really. I have bought a few recipes from numerous stores, found alot of crafting stuff at stores folk sold. Also some mundane items are now required that we all used to sell left and right. Best advice now is if you want to craft don't sell a darn thing until you aquire the recipes for what you want.

Just like putting an add for scrolls you could do the same for recipes. Etc. which I plan on posting soon as well.
            Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me

Comment

Yeah I like the idea of taking the crafting out of the casters hands and into the 'actual' players. It seems a lot of players dont do a lot beside craft (and get filthy rich) and others dont do anything aside from RP and go on adventures/missions/quests.

This way everyone will get a share of both the crafting and the adventuring; even the cloisertered religious types might see the sun once in a while.. if they dont we will just have to poke a skylight into the temple of knowledge roof
              Originally posted by roguethree
              If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Poll

Where are the negative options?

It is okay? I do not uses it? Get real.

Comment

Then post a negative if you have one.

So far I do like that it shows its checking stuff , but am having trouble figuring some of it out. Thankfully I got a reply saying its a bug and not me.

Essences are easy to do, and conversion to higher up ones are 1-1. atleast faint to weak unlike the single player one where its 2-1. Takes two to make one. Though you figure will cost roughly 160gold to make one if you roll good the first one.

I think a lack of comments could be due to folks are still working towards being able to use the system. Leveling up to get feats/skills so they can experience it.

just wish mining etc was a class skill for mages hope it is for my other two classes.

Comment

Everyone's got a right to their opinion. Just keep two things in mind:
                    - It's intended to stimulate a player driven economy that won't get out of hand, and where NO class/build has an overall distinct advantage (sorry wizards)
                    - Like Sundren as a server, it's still in a testing stage. It's unfinished, and bugs still need to be found. Which is much easier to do when people are playing with it. So thanks to all you testers out there

Essences are easy to do, and conversion to higher up ones are 1-1. atleast faint to weak unlike the single player one where its 2-1. Takes two to make one. Though you figure will cost roughly 160gold to make one if you roll good the first one.
                    Thanks for pointing out another bug

Comment

darn that is a bug? but I can make that work!! :P

well atleast I know the inablity to make text color is MY fault.

Perhaps we should have a seperate topic on just features or experiences of the crafting?

Comment

Wizards don't have an advantage in creating magical items?

That seems odd.
                        Originally posted by Saulus
                        Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

and where NO class/build has an overall distinct advantage
                          learn2read!

Though they probably don't have that big of an advantage over clerics who focus on magic crafting, except easier access to feats and skillpoints for supplemental skills like alchemy and jewelcrafting.

Comment

The more I get into this new crafting/resource system the more I want to change my vote from Great to the Best.
                            Keal thanks for all the work.
                            Thain

Astin

Dergil

Comment

I have to be brutally honest.

I couldn't vote because the last option was missing.

I don't like it.

The whole system would be great fun but there is this whole recipe hurdle to get over.

e.g. I have a PC who uses a greataxe
                              Finding the recipe for the kind of greataxe you want made, not fun, not easy, not possible.

If every recipe was available from one source or another it would be fine but they are not. You go to shops and search through endless pages of crap you are not interested in and the weapon or armour you want is not there.

In a standing back perspective it's fine to think you can make certain weapon types made out of certain materials or certain armours or enchanted items less available but in actuality, this server is not brimming with crafters and now that the few there are only cater for one or another piece in the giant puzzle of getting a simple weapon made, to have a specific recipe unavailable or possessed only by one person who quested for it or whatever and doesn't hardly ever log on just makes getting anything done crafting wise impossible and frustrating.

Is there to be an elitism on certain recipies or are all possibilities going to be within reach of the players?
                              If honour is truth and a lie is respect, then a secret is sacred.
                              Confide in me my friend and I shall love you like no other.

Comment

Working...
                              X