Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

State of the Server (9/24/15)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as far as Doomguide, is Kelemvor still dead?

Comment

• As a doornail.
      "Use the Force, Harry" -Gandalf

Comment

• Alright, so, a question or two about submitting character bios for after the wipe:

For these retirement plans, are the staff wanting us to write these as in character tellings of what our character's plans are, in the style of an RP post on the forums, or done as a simple out of character description of their plans?

And while on this topic, is that Dropbox that was mentioned still where the staff were wishing to have these sent?

Thanks, and see ya's server side.
        We can axe if we want to, leave that sword behind. Because your friends don't axe, and if they don't axe then they're no friends of mine.

Comment

• Well, hold off until the Epilogue event. After that, I'll start adding things to the wiki, and people can make a projection based on that. And yeah, a proposed ending for your PC and all the juicy details.

Comment

• Can we play drow now? I have a paladin concept I want to try out.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

Comment

• Originally posted by greypawn View Post
              Can we play drow now? I have a paladin concept I want to try out.
              Steven! Fetch the pitchforks and torches, I feel an angry mob coming on!
              It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
              Sydney Smith.

Comment

• I roll seduce on all the peasants and show them my dark elf boobies, in a respectful paladin way.

On an actual thought, whats going to happen with the religion/deities? Faerun regions often have a few dominate deities that influence/reflect their local culture. Sundren has always had so many. Take the port, for example, it has/had Umberlee, Selune, Valkur, Ilmater, Waukeen, and Helm? Thats a lot of religions with a physical presence in a port town of 4000. Waterdeep has a population of something like 130,000 and only four dominate religions. Ten Towns has something like 6,500 people and it has one dominate religion. I'm not saying players shouldn't be allowed to play a character that follows whatever deity, because many people have played adventurers/wanders/foreigners, but it'd be nice to see the local faith a bit more solidified.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

Comment

• Religions won't change much, tbh. There will always be the presence of however many gods, because it is Faerun. But actual temples are fewer in number.

1. Avanthyr has Helm/Selune
                  2. Aquor has Sune
                  3. Sestra has Bane/Myrkul
                  4. Sundren has Helm/Triumvirate

Comment

• You forgot one GD.

5. Blackwood has Kyle Rendell
                    Tigen Amastacia: Died in events so you didn't have to.

Quintin Ulsteris: Nice-guy Legion engineer, deceased son of House Ulsteris.

Clandriel Cain: AKA "Fire-eyes" AKA "Demon hunter" AKA "OH MY GOD, WHY IS HE STILL STABBING ME!!??"

Comment

• My apologies. The temple even has this amazing portrait of him:

Comment

• Praise be, praise be. *bows head in reverrance of the great pectorals*
                        We can axe if we want to, leave that sword behind. Because your friends don't axe, and if they don't axe then they're no friends of mine.

Comment

• Hello.

I have barely played in recent years, but I do drop by from time to time to read what's up in Sundren and so on. I have read a portion of this thread with interest and as much as I do like the idea of a character wipe, as a (very) casual player, I am a little disappointed about potentially never being able to play my troublesome Gnome ever again.

Juniper was very much just an NPC; I had no wish to advance her, she was as far from an "adventurer" as possible and generally spent her time offering poor advice, poor humour, cultivating as many poorly-chosen friends as possible and generally failing at life before having one of her bi-annual public meltdowns.

Levels, equipment, advancement, items - a badly-adjusted Gnome cares little about these things, and her player even less.

I'm really just politely venting / having a nostalgia trip here, I certainly don't expect an exception to be made for me and my rubbish character; but I will miss playing her and it's a shame that I will no longer have the option/opportunity to log on and spout bad advice and terrible jokes after a server wipe since I'll be unable to remake my non-adventuring Gnomish alter-ego.

Much love! x
                          Juniper Thimbles, aka Juney, Blueberry, Maggie, Magpie or Queenie, depending who you ask:
                          Ex-Seamstress, Wannabe Collector, and Machiavellian Maker of Mischief.
                          'Cherries or Strawberries? Rain or Shine? Cats or Dogs? Cake or Pie?'

Juney's Super-Sparkly Triple-New theme tune:
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC9Kc-p2xxw#t=0m22s

Comment

• While you won't be able to re-roll Juniper outright, I don't see anyone stopping you from rolling a similar character post-wipe. I don't think the staff are trying to be fun-police in that sense.

Welcome back by the way.
                            Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
                            Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
                            Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
                            Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
                            Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
                            Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

• We tend to be more this sort of fun police.

Comment

• Alas, if we were to make exceptions for one then we'd need to make exceptions for many.

I'm sure many of us have characters we're attached to or would like to see exploring the brave new world, but better to either start afresh with new ideas or to take the essence of the characters we love, give it a good wash and a shake, add something new and bake a new PC pie for all to enjoy.
                                It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                                Sydney Smith.

Comment

Working...
                                X