Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update Notes - 28 August 2013 (big update)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TakenByTheStormX View Post
    It is still possible to make a weapon based FS. With powerbuilding. Very possible.
    Agreed with the above. I am actually very surprised at how off put a lot of FS players are by these changes...

Comment

No need to worry guys, just keep thinking about the favoured soul wings deal! adapting to class tweaks is easy when you just keep reminding yourself that, any day now, your connection to your god will grant you the one thing we mortals have dreamed about since time immaterial!

The power of self flight.. oh yes..

So chin up Flavoured soles!

Major Kudos to Polt for, presumably, slaving away in the background to continue bringing new depth and mechanical wonderment to the server, I am certain that the hard work is appreciated by the majority of the community. New changes always bring about a ripple or two as people learn to adapt.

Thank you for your hard work!
      Until I can somehow magically discover, hitherto unknown, skills to make a nice looking sig pic to represent my main chrs -

I primarily play Ignus Pyre and Smithy

Comment

Originally posted by Delexos View Post
        Major Kudos to Polt for, presumably, slaving away in the background to continue bringing new depth and mechanical wonderment to the server, I am certain that the hard work is appreciated by the majority of the community. New changes always bring about a ripple or two as people learn to adapt.

Thank you for your hard work!
        ^ this!
        Originally posted by Saulus
        Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

What's the benefit of going Favored Soul instead of Cleric?

Comment

Originally posted by Shinshan View Post
            What's the benefit of going Favored Soul instead of Cleric?
            Spontaneous casting, more spells/day, free metamagic/spell focus feats, charisma as your casting stat instead of wisdom (everyone likes being pretty). Certainly comes with downsides too, much like Wizard vs. Sorcerer.

Edit: Thinking is hard. You probably meant for the powerbuild melee builds, didn't you? PAY ME NO HEED
            Last edited by Valhalla; 08-28-2013, 02:05 PM. Reason: Dropped repeatedly as a child
            Aleister Kimaris - Dragonblooded Knight of the Northern Watch

Comment

I still wanna do an evil favored soul who also gets 4 blackguard levels to pick up divine shield and divine might. Next powerbuild, ho!
              "Was I your knight in shining armor? The apple of your eye? Or just a step, another step to climb?"

Comment

The ripple from the changes to Favoured Souls gives me flashbacks of another FvS debacle in another game. Two words: clipped wings.

Thanks for the update, and looking forward to the rest.
                But please, keep one thing in mind for me. What have you become when even nightmares fear you?
                - Nessa

Comment

Originally posted by Valhalla View Post
                  Spontaneous casting, more spells/day, free metamagic/spell focus feats, charisma as your casting stat instead of wisdom (everyone likes being pretty). Certainly comes with downsides too, much like Wizard vs. Sorcerer.

Edit: Thinking is hard. You probably meant for the powerbuild melee builds, didn't you? PAY ME NO HEED
                  Depends on the build. Lots of PrCs have CHA based abilities.

Examples:

- Death Attack: Starting at 1st level, the deathstalker gains the ability to study a victim for 22 seconds. If the deathstalker makes a successful attack at a range of no greater than 30 feet on their victim within 22 seconds of the completion of their study the victim must pass a Fortitude saving throw (DC = 10 + 2 * Deathstalker class level + Charisma modifier). If the victim fails this saving throw they either die or lose all control of their mind and body and become completely helpless for 1d6 rounds plus 2 rounds per level of the deathstalker, at the deathstalker's choice.

or ...

- Sacred Strike: At 10th level, the shadowbane stalker can channel some of her divine power to wreak havoc upon the wicked. She gains a 2d6 divine damage bonus on all attacks against evil creatures for 1 + half her Charisma modifier in rounds after casting. Sacred Strike is activated as a spell-like ability, and can be used twice per day.

Comment

Favored souls have access to divine agility. +10 dex, round per level. Er mah gerd. I could make a nice favored soul/deathstalker/blackguard o.o

Ooh, CHA on top of your saves too for that one.

SAULUSSSS! *Waves a hand wildly like a child in class who wants to go to the bathroom.*
                    "Was I your knight in shining armor? The apple of your eye? Or just a step, another step to climb?"

Comment

It's almost like the Favored Soul changes are good and long overdue.

Comment

Originally posted by TakenByTheStormX View Post
                        Favored souls have access to divine agility. +10 dex, round per level. Er mah gerd. I could make a nice favored soul/deathstalker/blackguard o.o

Ooh, CHA on top of your saves too for that one.

SAULUSSSS! *Waves a hand wildly like a child in class who wants to go to the bathroom.*
                        * Blackguard: New feat Dark Strike
                        A blackguard may, as a free action, gain a bonus equal to their charisma modifier, if positive, against all creatures of an alignment opposite their own. In addition, they deal divine damage against all opponents, regardless of alignment, equal to their combined levels in Blackguard and Divine Champion. This ability lasts for 60 seconds. The damage stacks with other sources of divine damage.

http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20434

Comment

Really? SAULUSSS I NEED THIS

Comment

If only epic divine might didn't need 21 str..

Comment

All I can think of is Heartwarder/FvS. So much charisma.
                              Aleister Kimaris - Dragonblooded Knight of the Northern Watch

Comment

Originally posted by Valhalla View Post
                                All I can think of is Heartwarder/FvS. So much charisma.
                                The downside is you have to RP a heartwarder so it's pretty balanced.

(Your DCs as an offensive-caster would be incredible though.)

Comment

Working...
                                X