Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update Notes - 28 August 2013 (big update)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update Notes - 28 August 2013 (big update)

New Feat
    • Secondary Target: Used for some spells and spell-like abilities that require two targets. Use this feat on a targeted creature to save them as your secondary target. You can target yourself. Your target as you cast the spell will be the primary target. This feat will be granted automatically to all characters on login.
    Affected Spells
    • Benign Transposition
    • Baleful Transposition

Spell Changes
    • Benign Transposition (Uses Secondary Target feat. If no valid Secondary Target is found, Caster is considered secondary target.)
    • Baleful Transposition (Uses Secondary Target feat. If no valid Secondary Target is found, Caster is considered secondary target.)
    • Mordenkainen's Sword
      • Summons a +3 adamantine longsword that deals +3d6 magic damage on hit.
      • Sword makes 1 attack per round, using the caster's level + ability modifier as its attack bonus.
      • Sword is immune to all damage, but can be dispelled with Dispel Magic, Greater Dispel Magic, Disjunction, or Disintegrate).

Class Change
    Bard
    Bardic Lore
    • When using a knowledge skill in which you have 0 ranks, you are considered trained, and add your bard levels to the check as a bonus.

Cleric
    • 3 skill points per level (up from 2)
    • Light Armor, Medium Armor, Shield, Simple Weapon Proficiencies only. Also proficient with deity's favored weapon (weapon proficiency granted after levelupup/character creation)
    • Class Skills: Appraise, Concentration, Craft, Decipher Script, Diplomacy, Heal, K. Arcana, K. History, K. Nobility, K. Planes, K. Religion, Profession, Sense Motive, Spellcraft.
    Favored Soul
    • High Save: Will only (down from all high saves).
    • 4 skill points per level (up from 2).
    • Class skills: Craft, Diplomacy, Heal, Knowledge: History, Knowledge: Planes, Knowledge: Religion, Listen, Profession, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Spot.
    • Light Armor, Medium Armor, Shields, Simple Weapon Proficiency.
    • Favored: Gain Luck of Heroes as a free bonus feat at level 2.
    • Bonus feats at levels 3, 7, 11, 15, 19. (Metamagic and Spell Focuses)
    • Lose Deity Weapon Proficiency/Focus/Specialization, Energy Resists, DR, Haste.
    • Use Charisma for spell DCs

Mystic Theurge
    New Requirements
    • Feat requirements removed.
    • Skill requirements now: 5 ranks Knowledge: Arcana, 5 ranks Knowledge: Religion.
    • Requires 2nd level arcane spells and 2nd level divine spells.
    Class Changes
    • Hit Die: d6
    • Skill Points: 4+Int modifier/level
    • Class skills: Concentration, Decipher Script, Diplomacy, Heal, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (history), Knowledge (religion), Knowledge (the planes), Lore, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Use Magic Device
    • Bonus Feats: Any metamagic at levels 3, 6, and 9.

Paladin
    Smite Evil
    • The paladin adds her Charisma bonus (if positive) to her attack rolls and her paladin level to all damage rolls against evil creatures. If the creature is an evil aligned outsider, an evil aligned dragon, or an undead creature, the bonuses damage on the first successful hit is doubled. Once an evil creature has been slain by the paladin, the smite ends.
    The new Smite Evil still needs to be playtested with trusted paladin PC's before replacing the hardcoded one. It's ingame, but only accessible to PC testers.

Blackguards, do not despair! Soon your class will be getting a mighty revamp that will make even Dain Tornbrook tremble in his goody two-shoes!
    Sorcerer
    • d6 hit die
    • Light Armor, Simple Weapon Proficiencies only.
    • Arcane Armor Training as a free bonus feat at 1st level.
    • Bonus feats drawn from the wizard bonus feat table (minus crafting) at level 7, 14, and 20
    • Class Skills: Appraise, Bluff, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Listen, Knowledge: Arcana, Profession, Spellcraft, Spot, UMD

Wizard
    • d6 hit die
    • Class Skills: Appraise, Concentration, Craft, Decipher Script, Knowledge: All, Profession, Spellcraft

Sorcerer and Favored Soul Spells Known Changes
    Originally posted by New Table
    Originally posted by Old Table
    Originally posted by Difference between current spells known, and proposed changes

Currently in the pipes: Arcane Archer rework

Mordenkainen's Sword- Duration was unchanged?

Tas Krita- Thayan
    Ashen - MoMF

Comment

Is luck of heroes getting reverted back to what it should be then?
      Olivia Kimaris - Paladin of Lathander and Knight of the Northern Watch
      Diary of Olivia

Originally posted by Cornuto
      Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

I'm guessing quite a bit of this will require some releveling. Any insight into how this may work out?

Edit: Also, the Improved Quicken Spell feat (as gained from Hand of Mundus) has no description or name when viewed through the Character menu. Likewise, there is another feat I cannot remember (shares the same icon under Class Abilities feats as Spell Penetration, I believe) that also doesn't display description or name. 'Caps below.

DOUBLEEDIT: Feats still seem to work, just have no description.
        Last edited by Chocolate Radio; 08-28-2013, 01:51 AM.
        "I know that kind of man, it's hard to hold the hand of anyone, who is reaching for the sky just to surrender." ~ Leonard Cohen, The Stranger Song

Samak Nerinide - Professional vagabond, arcane investigator, and expert drunkard.
        Ripentare - Living, breathing, Create Greater Undead, seeking the riddle of steel.
        Wylks Meshrunner - Self-proclaimed magehunter and former sky-pirate of Halruaa.

Comment

Wonderful changes! =) Good work!
          Characters:

Elizabeth Brooks
          Human Cleric of Tyr, Initiate of the Just
          Vivian Shadechild
          Wanderer of Innocence and Hugs

Useful Information for Casters:
          Sundren Spell Costs | Custom Sundren Spells

Comment

Will great smiting double the damage of the new smite evil? Which would make the first strike like. . 4x?
            Step in front of a runaway train -
            just to feel alive again.
            Pushing forward through the night,
            aching chest and blurry sight.

It's so far, so far away~
            It's so far, so far away~

Cold wind blows into the skin,
            can't believe the state you're in.

Comment

It will add a single multiplier, so 2x goes to 3x. However, the new smite isn't working yet; keep using the old stuff.

Comment

Wow! Cool beans, guys.

Comment

I Got My hopes up for seeing the ranger up there, but this is amazing all by itself! Great work!!
                  My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
                  Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

Wizard/Cleric extra skill points - spectacular! That will provide a nice little bit of diversity.

Mord's sword immune to damage is also a very nice change, and the fact you can catapult your Dwarven allies at the enemy using Transposition now

And Paladins....sound scary as hell.
                    UTC+8
                    Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
                    Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

My biggest fear with all these Smite changes and PvP is that it will be essential for any character who doesn't have to be Good / Evil to be Neutral.

Also, poor Alandriel is in shock, but she's a bitch and kind of deserved it. ^_^
                      Adama who was once called Adama Hrakness, sacred paw of Mielikki

Lihana Farrier, Paladin of Torm and noble dalliance

On Hold: Alandriel Ward, Actually a Vampire Groupie
                      Retired for Good: Tamryn Jorandur, Hano's Wife and Conflicted Soul

Comment

Originally posted by Raksha View Post
                        My biggest fear with all these Smite changes and PvP is that it will be essential for any character who doesn't have to be Good / Evil to be Neutral.
                        How about if both Smite Evil and Smite Good did half damage to Neutral alignments?
                        UTC+8
                        Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
                        Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

Originally posted by Chocolate Radio View Post
                          I'm guessing quite a bit of this will require some releveling. Any insight into how this may work out?
                          I'm curious about this myself. Should we be pestering DMs about redoing our old characters? I can only imagine they would be inundated with requests as soon as they logged in.
                          I can't slow down, I can't hold back though you know I wish I could. No there ain't no rest for the wicked until we close our eyes for good!

Comment

Some DM's will have no problem dropping you to level 1, and then back up. Most DM's (myself included) will hate doing full rebuilds.

No one will be releveling wizards, due to an Obsidian bug that doesn't need to be discussed here.

Comment

edit
                              Originally posted by Poltergeist View Post
                              Some DM's will have no problem dropping you to level 1, and then back up. Most DM's (myself included) will hate doing full rebuilds.

No one will be releveling wizards, due to an Obsidian bug that doesn't need to be discussed here.
                              Can I get my level reset to 3 and start levelling my wizard again? (Mystic theurge, level 16). I have not gained spells per level since level 5 (Mystic theurge bug and the level I took at 16 doesn't grant spellcasting) if that's the bug...

Honestly, I'd be willing to relevel completely from scratch with these changes, as it's five feats that would be different

edit: not relevent as i took the pre rqs at level one
                              Last edited by LOLC2k; 08-28-2013, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X