Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update Notes - 28 August 2013 (big update)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really frustrating to log back in and have spells ripped from my FS's arsenal at random..
    "Was I your knight in shining armor? The apple of your eye? Or just a step, another step to climb?"

Comment

Originally posted by Poltergeist View Post
      No one will be releveling wizards, due to an Obsidian bug that doesn't need to be discussed here.
      So if we want the new hps and skill points, we have to delete and restart our wizards?
      I can't slow down, I can't hold back though you know I wish I could. No there ain't no rest for the wicked until we close our eyes for good!

Comment

Originally posted by TakenByTheStormX View Post
        Really frustrating to log back in and have spells ripped from my FS's arsenal at random..
        Now I'm scared to log in!

Also what is the purpose of nerfing the FS? They honestly got nothing to replace all of the benefits of being one. Is there some reason for this I am missing?
        Active Characters
        Hashart Datton- Marshal of the Black Hand
        Oliver Ironhide- Guardian
        Lynk Frost-Champion of Bane
        Dorin Hammond- Scout
        Seith Ronson- Master of War
        "A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
        Socrates
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jhickey View Post
          Now I'm scared to log in!

Also what is the purpose of nerfing the FS? They honestly got nothing to replace all of the benefits of being one. Is there some reason for this I am missing?
          Pathfinder. Also no benefits?

High Save: Will only (down from all high saves).
          4 skill points per level (up from 2).
          Class skills: Craft, Diplomacy, Heal, Knowledge: History, Knowledge: Planes, Knowledge: Religion, Listen, Profession, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Spot.
          Light Armor, Medium Armor, Shields, Simple Weapon Proficiency.
          Favored: Gain Luck of Heroes as a free bonus feat at level 2.
          Bonus feats at levels 3, 7, 11, 15, 19. (Metamagic and Spell Focuses)
          Lose Deity Weapon Proficiency/Focus/Specialization, Energy Resists, DR, Haste.
          *Use Charisma for spell DCs*
          Originally posted by Saulus
          Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

I like the Favored Soul changes, though I think their high saves should have been both fort and will, instead of just will.

Edit: Now that I look at it in more detail, FS was changed into an exclusively offensive caster from a buff-and-basher. Which might not be what a lot of people wanted out of their FS characters.

Comment

The FS was just made into an Oracle in path finder. For those of us how had our FS designed prior to these changes are essentially screwed. I understand the want to make an offensive divine caster but, some of us do not want this. There should be an option, to do either or. If I am not mistaken D&D 3.5 is designed to make choices about the type of PC you want to make. In my opinion the changes do not out way the nerfing that just occurred to the class. Even if my DCs have just changed, my FS was not designed to be an offensive caster.

I am just trying to understand the need to want to nerf a class that not everyone can be anyway. I am sorry the extra feats, the extra skills, and the Cha DCs do not equal what the class has lost. Not to mention the loss of spells.
              Active Characters
              Dorin Hammond- Scout
              "A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
              Socrates
              sigpic

Comment

Outstanding! You lot have been incredibly busy. Well done!
                Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Jhickey View Post
                  I am just trying to understand the need to want to nerf a class that not everyone can be anyway.
                  "It's restricted" has not, in any multiplayer game ever, been a good reason to spare something the nerfhammer.

I do think it'd be nice to see rebuilds for the people whose class' focus just completely 180'd underneath them, though.
                  Last edited by Valhalla; 08-28-2013, 11:46 AM. Reason: Words are hard.
                  Aleister Kimaris - Dragonblooded Knight of the Northern Watch

Comment

It'd be nice if they made favored soul not restricted now with these changes, at least.
                    Olivia Kimaris - Paladin of Lathander and Knight of the Northern Watch
                    Diary of Olivia

Originally posted by Cornuto
                    Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

It's still possible to make a good Favored Soul weapon-based build, I'd say. It just requires the sort of intricate character planning and powerbuilding that it previously took to make a good Eldritch Knight. And yeah, existing FvS have had spells taken at random, weapon feats gone, and generally left in terrible shape.

EDIT: Also, the reason that being turned from a buff-and-bash into an offensive caster is being perceived as a huge nerf is that offensive casters in PvE are almost uniformly ~terrible~ due to maximized enemy HD, huge saves, and limited spell lists. ^_^
                      Adama who was once called Adama Hrakness, sacred paw of Mielikki

Lihana Farrier, Paladin of Torm and noble dalliance

On Hold: Alandriel Ward, Actually a Vampire Groupie
                      Retired for Good: Tamryn Jorandur, Hano's Wife and Conflicted Soul

Comment

It is still possible to make a weapon based FS. With powerbuilding. Very possible.
                        "Was I your knight in shining armor? The apple of your eye? Or just a step, another step to climb?"

Comment

We'll help all four of you favored souls with reworking your characters, like we do every time a class has been significantly reworked.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotus View Post
                            We'll help all four of you favored souls with reworking your characters, like we do every time a class has been significantly reworked.
                            I know you will; it can just be a bit frustrating that is all. Sadly I am not very good at power building. But I do like what I have build so far with my FS.

All the other work is really good though. Do not take my frustration as knock on any of the hard work by staff. I am sure I will adapt.
                            Active Characters
                            Dorin Hammond- Scout
                            Socrates
                            sigpic

Comment

Likewise. The positive faaar outweighs any negative. And I am elated to see sorcerers now Not Sucking, after having been strictly terrible for as long as I can remember.
                              Adama who was once called Adama Hrakness, sacred paw of Mielikki

Lihana Farrier, Paladin of Torm and noble dalliance

On Hold: Alandriel Ward, Actually a Vampire Groupie
                              Retired for Good: Tamryn Jorandur, Hano's Wife and Conflicted Soul

Comment

In any case, thanks for the spiffy update and the neat (to me at least!) class changes.

Woo sorcerers! (Even if I don't play one)
                                Aleister Kimaris - Dragonblooded Knight of the Northern Watch

Comment

Working...
                                X