Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update Notes - 5 November 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having run a PC through the module from level 1-19 post update, 10k doesn't seem that expensive.

It seems like you can sneeze in a dungeon and make 5k. (... at least in the later levels.)
    Originally posted by Saulus
    Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

The money and item lost sucks yeah but it's not hard to get raised if your not soloing. As for the spells themselves I'd change them so it's better to spend the gold on a higher lvl casting Like you loose 26 vitality at lvl 20 So raise dead cost 5000 and gives 10 and takes 15 form the caster. Then resurrection cost 10000 give 15 and takes 10 form the caster. then I would add True resurrection ((if possable)) cost the 25000 have it give back 20 and only take 5 form the caster.
      Just something so clerics have a reason to prep or cast those spells and if temples are still gonna have it then a temple raise should only give back 5 and cost 6000 cause in every np games temples dont give anything away cheep
      Bram Drismon: Sundrens Centurio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz2GVlQkn4Q
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndpryp2OlUQ
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1QUZzeZoPQ

Comment

Originally posted by Talleyman99 View Post
        The money and item lost sucks yeah but it's not hard to get raised if your not soloing. As for the spells themselves I'd change them so it's better to spend the gold on a higher lvl casting Like you loose 26 vitality at lvl 20 So raise dead cost 5000 and gives 10 and takes 15 form the caster. Then resurrection cost 10000 give 15 and takes 10 form the caster. then I would add True resurrection ((if possable)) cost the 25000 have it give back 20 and only take 5 form the caster.
        Just something so clerics have a reason to prep or cast those spells and if temples are still gonna have it then a temple raise should only give back 5 and cost 6000 cause in every np games temples dont give anything away cheep
        Temple Raises: I think it should still be 10 vitality restored. 6000 is still quite a bit of money compared to what it cost before (For the record I am ok with this). It doesn't makes sense to me why Raise Dead cast by a Temple would restore less vitality.

I think really that the player cast Raise dead should be a little cheaper (3000-4000). Then the Temple price could be set higher in comparison and there would be some motivation (other than RP) for players to use these spells.

Resurrection price can stay super high, as Temples don't offer that anyway! It already has its attraction
        UTC+8
        Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
        Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

Originally posted by thaelis View Post
          Temple Raises: I think it should still be 10 vitality restored. 6000 is still quite a bit of money compared to what it cost before (For the record I am ok with this). It doesn't makes sense to me why Raise Dead cast by a Temple would restore less vitality.

I think really that the player cast Raise dead should be a little cheaper (3000-4000). Then the Temple price could be set higher in comparison and there would be some motivation (other than RP) for players to use these spells.

Resurrection price can stay super high, as Temples don't offer that anyway! It already has its attraction
          I must say I agree with what thaelis has said. No-one is going to bother with raise dead as it stands if they can do the same thing at a temple; the only cleric it might be attractive to is the healing domain cleric who takes a slightly alleviated vit-hit(tm) from its use
          Originally posted by roguethree
          If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Poltergeist View Post
            Originally posted by thaelis View Post
            So, if the Temple fees are remaining at 800gp, and these spells now cost...10,000gp, what is the point in a player using these spells again?

Also, how does the church absorb the 9200gp loss every time they raise someone

(I suspect I am missing something here...perhaps raising in a church results in greater vitality loss??)

Because I'm still working on the temple changes.
            The reason the temple raises haven't been implemented yet is because I have a lot of simultaneous projects going, along with real life. Rather than excise the vitality changes altogether until the entire thing was done, I put in the current changes while keeping temple raises as they are. This both decreased my workload, and allowed me to roll this out and get the player base acclimated to the changing nature of PvP without dropping you all off in the deep end. People are getting an idea for how hard vitality hits from death are, and how long it takes to regenerate your vitality.

The intent behind these vitality changes is to make PvP much harsher by way of making permadeath, especially among epic level characters, a very real possibility.

It's supposed to be a consequence of PvP however, not a sudden surprise. By keeping temple raises where they are now, while making PC raises much more costly, I was hoping to make it easier to get vitality back at first while everyone gets used to the changes, while giving you all an indication to where things are going.

Comment

Working...
            X