Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update Notes - 5 November 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thaelis View Post
    One complaint. Why food restoring vitality? It should be clear to anyone who knows anything that BEER is what restores vitality!
    I knew there was a reason for why Samak has survived this long.
    "I know that kind of man, it's hard to hold the hand of anyone, who is reaching for the sky just to surrender." ~ Leonard Cohen, The Stranger Song

Samak Nerinide - Professional vagabond, arcane investigator, and expert drunkard.
    Ripentare - Living, breathing, Create Greater Undead, seeking the riddle of steel.
    Wylks Meshrunner - Self-proclaimed magehunter and former sky-pirate of Halruaa.

Comment

Originally posted by Poltergeist
      Spell changes
      So, if the Temple fees are remaining at 800gp, and these spells now cost...10,000gp, what is the point in a player using these spells again?

Also, how does the church absorb the 9200gp loss every time they raise someone

(I suspect I am missing something here...perhaps raising in a church results in greater vitality loss??)
      UTC+8
      Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
      Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

Because I'm still working on the temple changes.

Comment

Good to hear that everyone has 10k Laying around for a res, maybe if you don't have a chance of losing your item this wouldn't be a bad idea, otherwise imo its terrible.
          "Service to a cause greater than yourself is the utmost honor you can achieve."

Comment

Maybe leaving the old style intact but with 0 Vitality gain would be a good option. For those players who aren't in the 1 Million + gold category. Would be terrible for a player who happened to die in a group and he just bought a 20k weapon then loses it.

Comment

I don't think there's item loss on death anymore. I could be wrong though ...

Comment

If there isn't then by all means proceed!

Comment

You can still lose items. Was playing my alt pc two nights ago. He was killed and when I self ressurected he lost a ring.
                  Danté Swift: Archmagus and Marshal of Sestra.

Comment

self res always has chance of item loss and gold loss. A friend raising or temple you only loose gold. Thats how I have come to understand it. Dm raises you party for everyone! or something bad about to happen....
                    Bram Drismon: Sundrens Centurio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz2GVlQkn4Q
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndpryp2OlUQ
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1QUZzeZoPQ

Comment

Originally posted by Talleyman99 View Post
                      self res always has chance of item loss and gold loss. A friend raising or temple you only loose gold. Thats how I have come to understand it. Dm raises you party for everyone! or something bad about to happen....
                      Agreed. If the DM is raising you, then you're probably about to be fed to Balors.
                      UTC+8
                      Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
                      Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

Stop giving the DM's ideas.
                        Danté Swift: Archmagus and Marshal of Sestra.

Comment

I'm so over balors, Pit Fiends are much better
                          I used to be a player like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Sundren Wiki
                          NWN2 Wiki
                          Forgotton Realms Wiki

Comment

*cough cough*

Comment

Originally posted by Talleyman99 View Post
                              Thats the whole point Talley ... there should still be a cheap res so you don't lose an item.

Comment

Originally posted by Mournas View Post
                                Thats the whole point Talley ... there should still be a cheap res so you don't lose an item.
                                Granted it will be much less of a hassle when there is an unbroken crafting system, but the entire point is death was not being taken as seriously as we would have liked.

But with any new update the dev's need time to see how things go and tweak as necissary . Which is what the suggestion and bug threads are for.
                                I used to be a player like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Sundren Wiki
                                NWN2 Wiki
                                Forgotton Realms Wiki

Comment

Working...
                                X