Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update Notes - 5 November 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update Notes - 5 November 2012

Update Notes

Faction store changes
    The first rolling update of many. The following stores have been completely overhauled.
    • 10th Legion
    • Church of Helm
    • Legion General
    • Blackwood Company

Please respond with comments, suggestions, and constructive criticism. Specifically on item properties, descriptions, and prices. Those of you with access to multiple faction stores, please compare between the above listed stores when commenting. Disregard stores that have not yet been updated, as they soon* will be.

Those in other factions, Black Tax, Black Hand, and Hands of Mundus specifically, you're up next!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    *for large values of soon
    Spell changes
    The Bigby's line of spells have had their durations shortened.
    • Bigby's Forceful Hand (1d4+1 rounds)
    • Bigby's Grasping Hand (1d4+2 rounds)
    • Bigby's Clenched Fist (1d4+3 rounds)
    • Bigby's Crushing Hand (1d4+4 rounds)

They can still be extended.
    Texture changes
    The Neverwinter Nine Tunic has had its texture replaced to remove the Neverwinter eye. Examples here
    Vitality System Changes
    PvP is about to get much harsher. PvE should remain about the same.

Spell Changes
    Raise Dead
    • Restores 10 points of vitality.
    • Caster takes 10 points of vitality damage. 5 points if they have the healing domain.
    • 5,000 gp material component cost.
    • Bloodstones are no longer required.

Resurrection
    • Restores 20 points of vitality.
    • Caster takes 20 points of vitality damage. 10 points if they have the healing domain.
    • 10,000 gp material component cost.
    • Bloodstones are no longer required.

The above spell changes do not apply to NPC Clerics/Temple Raises. Self Raising will not restore any vitality points, as usual.
    Vitality Regeneration
    Passive Regeneration
    • Vitality now tick every hour. The amount of vitality a character receives is based on their level.
      • Levels 1-10 receive 10 points of vitality per tick.
      • Levels 11-15 receive 5 points of vitality per tick.
      • Levels 16+ receive 1 point of vitality per tick.
      • Levels 21+ receive 0 points of vitality per tick.
    • Characters with patron deities add 1 to any amount of vitality gain they would receive via passive regeneration.

Active Regeneration
    Inns now sell boiled carrots, which will restore vitality. More food items that restore different amount of vitality will be added later.
    • Usable once per server reset. All vitality food items count as the same item, mechanically. The only difference between them is the amount of vitality restored, and the name of the item.
    • Restores up to 5 vitality on use.
    Vitality Damage
    Characters take vitality damage dependent upon their character's HD:
    • Level 01-10 || 06 points of damage
    • Level 11-17 || 16 points of damage
    • Level 18-30 || 26 points of damage

Environmental Sources
    • PCs with 21 or more character levels take 31 points of vitality damage when killed by NPCs, not 26.

PC Sources
    • If a player is accidently killed via buggy subdual or an overactive pet it will be deemed an IC accident. The other character is dead, no takebacks. Be careful when attempting to subdue others.
    • PCs with levels in divine casting classes now deal additional vitality damage to other divine casters they slay, if the other divine caster opposes them on the Good/Evil axis or Law/Chaos axis. The amount of extra vitality damage dealt is equal to the killer's total class levels in divine casting classes, to a maximum of +10
    • Epic level PCs deal an additional point of vitality damage for each character level they have above 20.
    Preview for the Next Update

I am guessing it is an oversight/bug, but it seems the Blackwood have only one green tier weapon and some mundane Darksteel. No other weapons appear in the Faction Store. Otherwise I am wow'd by the change in items.

Comment

Originally posted by Seheren View Post
      I am guessing it is an oversight/bug, but it seems the Blackwood have only one green tier weapon and some mundane Darksteel. No other weapons appear in the Faction Store. Otherwise I am wow'd by the change in items.
      It's nearly impossible to support every possible weapon type, so we'll be introducing faction NPCs that will solve this in the near future.

For instance, a legion tirones can speak to the corresponding NPC and request any type of weapon with our predefined green level legion enchantment
      Originally posted by Saulus
      Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

100% behind changes to Bigby's. Any chance the ranger vendor from former groundbound city of Sundren's Merchant Tier may be popped back in during next reiteration, possibly in a publicly accessible area such as the Exigo trade post in order to reintroduce more accessory items... possibly even the former Circle merchant to a degree, for items themed to that extent? It would be great if nonfactioned characters could have a chance to level the field a bit. Besides that, rock on.
        "I know that kind of man, it's hard to hold the hand of anyone, who is reaching for the sky just to surrender." ~ Leonard Cohen, The Stranger Song

Samak Nerinide - Professional vagabond, arcane investigator, and expert drunkard.
        Ripentare - Living, breathing, Create Greater Undead, seeking the riddle of steel.
        Wylks Meshrunner - Self-proclaimed magehunter and former sky-pirate of Halruaa.

Comment

Originally posted by Chocolate Radio View Post
          100% behind changes to Bigby's. Any chance the ranger vendor from former groundbound city of Sundren's Merchant Tier may be popped back in during next reiteration, possibly in a publicly accessible area such as the Exigo trade post in order to reintroduce more accessory items... possibly even the former Circle merchant to a degree, for items themed to that extent? It would be great if nonfactioned characters could have a chance to level the field a bit. Besides that, rock on.
          Waiting on a map-edit. I know where I want to put him, but the area needs altered.
          Originally posted by Saulus
          Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornuto View Post
            It's nearly impossible to support every possible weapon type, so we'll be introducing faction NPCs that will solve this in the near future.

For instance, a legion tirones can speak to the corresponding NPC and request any type of weapon with our predefined green level legion enchantment

That is awesome..

Comment

^ !!! What Seheren said!!

Comment

I already told you this, but I love you so hard.

Comment

This is truly awesome, theres nothing super-overpowered in the stores, but some nice stuff to fill up the empty places in any adventurer's collection.

Also, the spell changes and vitality changes. Perfect! Long overdue. I'm sure one day when I'm dead I will complain about it :P (nah just kidding...)

One complaint. Why food restoring vitality? It should be clear to anyone who knows anything that BEER is what restores vitality!
                  UTC+8
                  Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
                  Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

So food will also restore vitality for vampires? i would figure they would have to feed. That would be one way to force them to feed, as other thwn Anosh offering blood to his lords, i havent seen a vamp feed in a long time
                    Active:
                    Lazklesh: Water-soul, Fury of Auril
                    Vlad A'dier: Arrow of Akadi, Blackwood Merc
                    Jobella Nightjaw: Hunteress and blood spiller

Retired:
                    Anosh Lis'lahoul: The ghoul of Serrano, The Nameless Monk. Accepted his fate, and accepted death at the hands of his master.

Comment

Maybe it's just the rogue in me, but that study target/sneak attack preview has me twitterpated with excitement.
                      [COLOR=Black][COLOR=Blue][I][B]Landristin Ly[/B][/I][/COLOR][I][B][COLOR=Blue]onstongue[/COLOR][/B][/I]: Ancient, Child of Colibrus. Advisor of Colibrus, Emissary of Sestra, Magistrate of Sestra.

-[I]Not fond of morning walks on the beach.[/I]
                      [/COLOR]

Comment

It's for assassins.
                        Originally posted by Cornuto
                        Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Well thanks for pooping on my parade.
                          [COLOR=Black][COLOR=Blue][I][B]Landristin Ly[/B][/I][/COLOR][I][B][COLOR=Blue]onstongue[/COLOR][/B][/I]: Ancient, Child of Colibrus. Advisor of Colibrus, Emissary of Sestra, Magistrate of Sestra.

-[I]Not fond of morning walks on the beach.[/I]
                          [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by thaelis View Post
                            This is truly awesome, theres nothing super-overpowered in the stores, but some nice stuff to fill up the empty places in any adventurer's collection.

Also, the spell changes and vitality changes. Perfect! Long overdue. I'm sure one day when I'm dead I will complain about it :P (nah just kidding...)

One complaint. Why food restoring vitality? It should be clear to anyone who knows anything that BEER is what restores vitality!
                            For game balance purposes if there's only one vitality-restoring item it can't be alcoholic, due to those poor benighted monks/occasional divine servant/wine-drinker who don't imbibe the blessed brew.

However, if you ever create additional vitality-restoring items, a good thick dwarven ale would be an ideal choice. Rich with nutritious goodness, and able to help sustain a Hold during those cold winter months or siege. Plus that strong refreshing taste with a real punch that dwarven ale is rightly famous for.

Comment

I suspect that vitality-restoring foodstuffs have something to do with plans to make Profession:Cooking a viable and attractive part of an upcoming crafting system.

After all, there's only so much that one-use food items can do without making them redundant with healing or buffing potions.
                              Server vagabond.

Comment

Working...
                              X