Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update May 24th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horses are all friendly non-conspiracy horses now. =)
    The poetry that comes from the squaring off between;
    and the circling is worth it, finding beauty in the dissonance.

Comment

The horses at the Twin Peaks road helped my death knight kill all the soldiers at the campfire. I think Sundren needs more horses.

Comment

I think it's nice and right that peopel have to walk around the world through roads actually. Hope in the future we have more of this stuff
        "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Comment

I like the paths, but I have a few suggestions:

Am I the only one that is *always* confused on which way I should go? It would be nice if the transitions had a little more information, or maybe some signs right before the transitions warning travelers of where they're going.

Wider areas with walkmeshes, or alternate routes. I always feel awkward having my orc wander right by the inn.

The travelling system should be consistent. Either all locations have to be reached by walking through the maps, or none of them.

Thats all I've got. The new areas do look very pretty, and gives my orc a chance to use his skills to try to sneak past wandering adventurers. I'm a big fan of the change.
          Sago Trumperstomper--Halfling Bandit (retired)
          Hraligar Brittlefist--Dwarven Superiority Advocate
          Kraz't Goretusk--Goretusk Tribe Chieftan

Comment

Originally posted by 07paul87 View Post
            I like the paths, but I have a few suggestions:

Am I the only one that is *always* confused on which way I should go? It would be nice if the transitions had a little more information, or maybe some signs right before the transitions warning travelers of where they're going.
            Entirely intentional, I don't want to paint giant neon lettering on the direction people should go, it takes away half the point of exploration.

Wider areas with walkmeshes, or alternate routes. I always feel awkward having my orc wander right by the inn.

The travelling system should be consistent. Either all locations have to be reached by walking through the maps, or none of them.
            With words like 'should' I can't really call this a suggestion, however for technical reasons it's not going to be all one or the other. Following this reasoning I would have to remove what we just changed and leave everything with the world map.

Thats all I've got. The new areas do look very pretty, and gives my orc a chance to use his skills to try to sneak past wandering adventurers. I'm a big fan of the change.
            I'm glad you liked the changes overall.
            The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

I do like the new areas, but the downside is that it has the side effect of making the world look small. I used to imagine there was miles (well, kilometers, I guess) of wild country to pass between each landmark. And now, you can get from the gate of the Sunderer to the Hills just by passing a farm or two.

I suppose you can't have your cake and eat it too. But Sundren feels smaller than it used to (even though, technically, it's now larger).

Comment

Originally posted by Nil View Post
                I do like the new areas, but the downside is that it has the side effect of making the world look small. I used to imagine there was miles (well, kilometers, I guess) of wild country to pass between each landmark. And now, you can get from the gate of the Sunderer to the Hills just by passing a farm or two.

I suppose you can't have your cake and eat it too. But Sundren feels smaller than it used to (even though, technically, it's now larger).
                You're working under the assumption that these links between areas are direct. You'll notice most of the maps don't line up at the seam, that's partially intentional as there is some distance between them.
                The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
                  You're working under the assumption that these links between areas are direct. You'll notice most of the maps don't line up at the seam, that's partially intentional as there is some distance between them.
                  Excellent point. Thanks!

Comment

I think the whole place is brilliant.
                    Choose your destiny,test your might,be a dwarf.

Chuck Norris can believe its not butter.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
                      Exactly. I like to consider maps "Points of interest" not "THis is the surface area of sundren." Alot of sundren is boring landscape with nothing in it.

Comment

Thought I'd give it a trial period before I commented.

I love it. I wish it had been like this when I joined. Its especially good for starting characters...its a lot more fun to head to head of on your own to explore than just zoning from Port Avanthyr to Goblins...

Also, characters have a lot more opportunity to "bump into" eachother, even if they didn't intend too.

e.g. Straight off the boat, I bumped into a high level character at the new area, who gave my new char some pointers on Sundren and showed me round.

Nice work.
                        UTC+8
                        Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
                        Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

Just a question. Do you guys intend to create more roads in the future? Will we have some random encounters?
                          "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Comment

random encounters
                            Yuck.
                            Originally posted by Saulus
                            Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

Working...
                            X