Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

quiting for time being.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RPMike17 View Post
    I love reading these forums...

*laughs out loud at desk causing co-workers to ask "what's so funny?"*

Yeah, I was supposed to be studying and my wife caught the smirk on my face and she said "Are you studying?" DOH!
    characters:
    Jos'iah Ithildurin - Semper, a guardian of Haldemar. "One should always be faithful"
    Elijah - Warrior Mage and Legionairre of Sundren. "My axe and my magic will cleave you!"
    Duskthorne - Bounty Hunter. "Every land needs a masked man to do the dirty work for them" (personal heroes: The Knight of the Flying Rodent and The Monk of the Arachnid Order)

Comment

I got to level 11. Then I got knocked down to 10. I died several more times. Eventually I got bored of getting exp, dying, and losing all the exp I gained. After level 10ish, you're pretty much on your own. It's hard to find suitable party members, and if you die in an unfortunate place with no signus, you're effectively perma-dead. So now Elusa is a non-combat character. I've gained two levels so far on RP exp alone, and I know most of the level 15+ characters have gained at least that many levels from RP exp. This is coming from a druid, one of the most overpowered classes, and damn good soloers.

That being said, I'm loving every minute of my RPs. Once you get over the pressure to level up, you come to appreciate the fact that real character development doesn't happen in combat. That, and not dying is a real perk.
      Dalian - Shapeshifter of the Tuatha Dé Dúlra
      "My true identity goes beyond the outer roles I play. It transcends the Self."
      UTC -4

Comment

On Hano, I deleveled from 14 to 13 a good 5-6 times. Granted, most of it was from people killing me in CvC.

However, you never-ever want to grind alone. Ever. Especially if you're 11+, because you want somebody to carry your body to the temple should you die. It's hard to find people to party with you, but they are out there. And besides, if you bring two extras along you get a pretty significant XP boost -- As well as increased survivability through numbers, increased DPS, and shared buffs. There's simply no downside to having allies.

Taking Elusa's path of RPing out your levels is also a sure-fire way to reach 15 and it isn't as bad as it sounds. It may be slow, but once you get involved with some good RP you forget about the leveling goal.
        "Kaeldorn hates players." -Albert Einstein

Originally posted by DM Cornuto
        Lollercide coming back to the server, that dude's the Kobe Bryant of meta-gaming.

Comment

Working...
        X