Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Save the EPC's campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I'm all for evil PCs, but I don't particularly have much sympathy for PCs who take up the role of villains. Let me say that agian, evil is great, villains are bleh. I think thats an important distinction that people don't make. There is evil, there are evil villains, and there are villains. All of those are separate things.

So one of the problems with this is that fundamentally you want to be social and interact with everyone, even if its limited to *Watches* emotes. But when you're a notorious villain, you have to hide in your hideout and beg DMs for help to organize things for you to do. And if you don't, you're going to beg them to pull a deus ex machina and bail you out when you get discovered. But that can only go on for so long before it enough is enough.

Its my opinion that characters, given the limitations of a persistent world, should be fundamentally designed to be sociable and not have goals that are going to force confrontations in weekly reruns of bad guy gets away again after his scheme gets thwarted again.

Honestly the kind of evil that PCs should practice is the kind of persecution that comes with things like the Anderson Act. The worst acts are often done in the name of the greater good and safety. But PCs shouldn't be the Xithis' with wild plots to destroy and destroy some more, as that will always end in disaster.

Comment

Hey, lots of villains are out in the open. Remember all the fancy parties The Penguin and Joker used to have?
      Dahdmib Al Faruk: Whirling Ranger
      Dordleton Grumplestout: Spelunker Gadgeteer
      Shalika Ike: A Dark Woman with a Dark Past

Comment

Well, amateur evil is just stupid. If you go around saying you're going to blow up the world or something, don't expect Vannie not to take a few swings at you. With that said, you don't have to really go out of your way to pretend to be a goody goody around good guys. Just don't be obvious about it. Heck, Vannie occasionally parties and deals with evil characters, because good is stupid, no one's a target unless you're an obvious one.
        *Signs*
        Lasala'ariira-A Woman Scorned.
        Chara Smith-Bio Here

Meram- Yes she's a shifty Hin, but she's still not going to pickpocket, daylight robbery is much more profitable.
        "The object of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other poor dumb bastard die for his."
        -General George S. Patton

Comment

There is another type of evil that is not discussed here.

The stereotype of the dominant evil. The evil that really doesn't care about the good guys, because they have nothing he wants, and tends act the most 'evil' towards other villains, for a multitude of reasons, wether it be acquisition of power, resources, or just to eliminate a potential rival.

Killing an evil PC carries little risk in the way of retribution. Killing a good PC takes a grave risk of angering the establishment and getting yourself killed.

Hence why it's the evil PCs that fear my PC more then the good guys, because they know that I consider them a greater threat to me.

This is the embodiment of the classic "evil turns upon iteself method" used in many novels to give the good guys that chink in the armor of the bad guy they need to secure victory.

Its a lot of fun to boot!

Comment

I agree with Sean. And that's why I have to kill him.
            ---

To Mold a Mind:

"Her body will be fortified, her mind will be taken and reforged, and her heart shall be sworn only to uphold that which I demand. And as for her soul, well - she can have that back when she's dead."

Comment

Originally posted by sharringtonm View Post

This is the embodiment of the classic "evil turns upon iteself method" used in many novels to give the good guys that chink in the armor of the bad guy they need to secure victory.

Its a lot of fun to boot!
              Its the very same reason I dont trust evil! and I try not to work with them.... unless they completely submit to my will. and not many PCs are willing to do that... IC and OOCly because you think you might lose some fun. but being my underling comes with a handful fun you can throw at a wall and more than half will stick...

Originally posted by me_less
              An OOC petition is being sent around to Players throughout Sundren.

* Did you just kill a Cartel-aligned PC down as they attacked you in the caves? Consider them as if they were an NPC. When was the last time you unhooded a Cartel thug (Yeah, I know they don't really have hoods, but that's besides the point)

(On a side note to our beloved EPC's out there, consider having an "average joe" disguise. Hang out with us by the fire and scheme your next evil plot. And the next time you are pummeled to the ground, lay low for a while so we good guys can feel like we kept evil from Sundren for just one more day. We look forward to our next run in with you. *gives a care bear hug*)
              Hmm well that kinda reminds me of how some of us where at the cartel mountains and a group managed to kill or "Subdue Logan." Kinda funny because cirion accidently killed him... Because I would of done it and it would not been an accident he was there to stop me so .. bye bye!..

Ps.(I like keeping my evil guy suit it fits me and I just want to see how many people wants to give my spikes hugs.
              Elric Modner. - "Yesterday I dared struggle against tyranny, Today I dare to fight once again."

Comment

It's fun being an evil hench-men, ask Lauan.
                Lauan - knight of Thay " I have no fear, and death is merely an inconvenience to me. I do not die until ordered to do so, I do not fall until every last bit of life has left me. I stand tall, proud, a Thayan knight."

Adeodatus Exitium -
                "Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart, for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." — James Baldwin

Comment

A lot of funny of and interesting comments. This petition was definitely to inspire jest but also to note the difficulty of having an evil PC that gives good RP. Case in point is Sean's PC's quest for domination.
                  Originally posted by sharringtonm View Post
                  There is another type of evil that is not discussed here.

The stereotype of the dominant evil. The evil that really doesn't care about the good guys, because they have nothing he wants, and tends act the most 'evil' towards other villains, for a multitude of reasons, wether it be acquisition of power, resources, or just to eliminate a potential rival.

Killing an evil PC carries little risk in the way of retribution. Killing a good PC takes a grave risk of angering the establishment and getting yourself killed.

Hence why it's the evil PCs that fear my PC more then the good guys, because they know that I consider them a greater threat to me.

Just within two posts, his power is being challenged by two other evil characters. Evil can be lonely and as someone else mentioned, you can only get beaten, brought to the authorities, bailed by a DM event so many times. And should said EPC then be chucked into the winds after weeks of development? I say NO! *with preaching conviction*

Now, don't get me wrong, someone like Sean's PC will be quite scary in a few more levels but if a dozen lvl 13+ good guys went after him, it won't be a pretty sight (waiting for Sean to refute the last statement )

And taken from a different thread for emphasis...
                  Originally posted by TheBrogueadier View Post
                  Heh, there have been numerous attempts to organise an evil group, all of them fell apart after a few days or so when rather than focus on the real problems, like all the good players, everyone just started to argue and try to kill each other.
                  BTW, I like Uri's comment of having a bad guy hang-out where a good PC would need a disguise instead. I need a place get information from. That is up until they all kill each other... :P

Anyway, some things I posted are just suggestions of what to do when you defeat that great EPC that has been giving you great RP while a DM is away. ("Blasted! He got away again!") I think everyone here in Sundren are here for the fun. I only suggest treating it like sport-fishing. If we over-fish, there won't be more for the next season. Why not pat yourself in the back for a job well done and give a good RP reason as to why s/he got away? (Oh, This is also for when the good guys get pummeled. ) Shoot, I'm even considering making an EPC just for the sake of giving some fun RP for the good guys. (e.g. a thug constantly waiting in the Viridale to exercise a new "tax")

Anyway, I'm off for some more fishing...

*Casting a bait for Nocte*
                  Last edited by me_less; 08-25-2008, 02:27 AM.
                  characters:
                  Jos'iah Ithildurin - Semper, a guardian of Haldemar. "One should always be faithful"
                  Elijah - Warrior Mage and Legionairre of Sundren. "My axe and my magic will cleave you!"
                  Duskthorne - Bounty Hunter. "Every land needs a masked man to do the dirty work for them" (personal heroes: The Knight of the Flying Rodent and The Monk of the Arachnid Order)

Comment

Working...
                  X