Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server Wipe and Re-opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Wipe and Re-opening

Hey folks,

As a lot of you know, we've been mum on the server restart for a while now. As it stands here is where we're at:

DEV Updates

1. Factions are in, but we have not updated the faction stores. We're working on that right now.

2. Maps are nearing completion, but we still need to update a good number of NPC's in order to reflect the 50 year jump.

3. Classes are being fixed, there are some minor changes to make for some previously locked classes to be playable.

4. Crafting is in the process of being fixed. We're making blueprints for items and enchantments, as well as populating the loot tables with the necessary items for crafting.

Story Updates

The story has been done, the DM's have crafted monthly plots that fit into a larger over-arching storyling. Updates on faction lore has been complete (with some exceptions that can be filled in as we go along).

Should We Open?

This is my question to you, the community. It's readily apparent that we're almost where we want to be to open up, but we're not quite there. Should we go ahead and do the wipe, or should we wait until the updates are complete?

I know that a lot of you will have your interest wane if we delay too long, which is completely reasonable; I don't want that to happen. So what would make you, the community, happy?

To mitigate the frustration I can offer weekly updates on where we are for DEV concerns, and try to post new images of the maps as Doubtful has been doing. Heck, I'll even open a Q&A on lore that I can answer regularly. I'm 100% open to suggestions.

In short though, I'd like to hear your thoughts.
    "Use the Force, Harry" -Gandalf

As a player simply returning, we say our goodbyes and clean up the place. Regardless I'm returning.

Comment

As an ancient player interested to be resurrected upon relaunch, my 2 cents is if there's a place to RP at the current stage of development then why not open?
      My to-be toon:
      Shafiq Al-Mawt: Zakharan myrkulite.

My tomb of old toons:
      Cruven Schlachten - Blood Reaver of Garagos, Blackwood Company Elite, Hellstrom Head of Security
      Marcus Waynard- Horned Harbinger, fear his best bud Frank!... and Jim, Bob, Sue, and Jane...
      Davlamin Frostfoot - Frosty Snowflake, the Frozen Fist of Auril, sworn enemy of the Second Wind fire pit.

Click here to see the full image of my avatar, by Algido.

Comment

Originally posted by AsuraKing View Post
        As an ancient player interested to be resurrected upon relaunch, my 2 cents is if there's a place to RP at the current stage of development then why not open?
        The server itself is currently open to RP. The changes we're talking about would bump the server forward by 50 years, and we've yet to put in everything that would reflect that, creating inconsistencies.

Comment

Ah, I thought you were asking if the players think you should launch early and just update the changes as you went. Perhaps I read that wrong :P

Anyways, I say do whatever makes it easiest for the staff.
          My to-be toon:

My tomb of old toons:
          Cruven Schlachten - Blood Reaver of Garagos, Blackwood Company Elite, Hellstrom Head of Security
          Marcus Waynard- Horned Harbinger, fear his best bud Frank!... and Jim, Bob, Sue, and Jane...
          Davlamin Frostfoot - Frosty Snowflake, the Frozen Fist of Auril, sworn enemy of the Second Wind fire pit.

Comment

Right, we are asking that. We're asking if players would be ok with those inconsistencies and remaining DEV changes that need to be implemented.

Comment

Aha! Then the answer from this returning player is yes, I assume most RPers have large imaginations and can adapt to the dev changes as they come in.
              My to-be toon:

My tomb of old toons:

Comment

All the changes and the wipe really rekindeled my excitement for sundren. We've waited for the restart, but if things aren't ready I don't mind waiting a bit more. I think weekly dev posts sound like a great idea and would keep the community up to date. While I am sure there are those who wanna get back in asap, waiting till what you all posted gets completed and getting the restart off on the right foot sounds like it would be better for the server's long time health.

Comment

I'm agree with Zypherman, if we're gonna start a new leg of this journey, we should do it with our best foot forward. I don't mind waiting a bit longer, if it means we're getting the quality that, in the end, we all know this server deserves.
                  We can axe if we want to, leave that sword behind. Because your friends don't axe, and if they don't axe then they're no friends of mine.

Comment

I think waiting is probably the wisest course of action as well. I can foresee many players wanting to alter their builds as class changes come in, and it would save a lot of DM workload to not have to deal with that.

On a mostly unrelated note, has Sundren's 'no foreign scripts' policy relaxed a little? I think it would really help the server if new players didn't have to make do without item appearance changers, for example. Or the even more basic PC Tools animations.
                    WWW•REKOV•COM

Comment

If you know of some, send them over. The problem is, we don't have access, nor do we want to rip off someone else's hard work/muck up our own scripts.

Comment

Or the even more basic PC Tools animations.
                        We have a ton built into chat commands; is there a set of animations you think we're lacking?

Comment

I'm pretty much waiting for it to happen to build up the motivation to go to the storage locker and find the CD keys I was supposed to have written down in my code book and didn't, and then I can do the 3-5 days of patching on this crap internet connection. I really have no interest in the characters I have in the current timeline anymore.

I am very much for regular updates if you choose to delay, I like to guess how much longer.
                          "Half the lies they tell about me aren't true."
                          Yogi Berra

Learn things:http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
                          http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Comment

Kinda like Asura, I've been watching for the wipe and revamp so I could take a look. I'm hoping the fresh start will get me back into the desire to play this game again. Politics has kinda taken over from the fun aspect on the other servers I play around on. So maybe a new start will get me back to having fun

I don't mind waiting for a full-on, up to speed world. I also don't mind just a bare-bones joint to see how the RP is going to be before the thing is completely (well...as completely as any server really is :P ) done and ready for the full launch.
                            Ursus Ahrahl: Vengeful Desert Warrior (http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.php?title=Ursus_Ahrahl)
                            Zaphram Babblerocks: Silly Gnome Tinkerer
                            Ronon Darkholme: Eye and ear of the Night Watch of Kelemvor's Eternal Order (http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.ph...onon_Darkholme)
                            Jakomyn Moriarty: Misunderstood Calishite mage (http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.php?title=Jakomyn_Moriarty)
                            Turin Greyhold: Ex-mercenary paladin of Torm (http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.ph...reyhold,_Turin)
                            Alexandros Pentacost: 1/2 Orc Cleric of the Red Knight
                            "Remember, Private..Friendly Fire is not a nice warm place you and your hippy buddies sit around at night toasting marshmallows and singing Kumbaya." --Me to one of my troops way back when

Comment

I'm more excited for the wipe and lowered soft/hard level cap then the changes.

Though reflecting Rekov's thoughts, the class changes ought to be finished before a launch, if said changes will require rebuilds after release.
                              Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
                              Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
                              Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
                              Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
                              Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
                              Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

Working...
                              X