Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walking through Aquor

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aurilite players asking a uniformed person for a small tribute for being there != getting hassled for being there in uniform.

I'm simply asking everyone to stop ignoring the fact that the Aurilites are not on the Sundren Governments nice list and vise versa
    Last edited by Poltergeist; 11-22-2012, 12:23 AM. Reason: fix'd
    I used to be a player like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Sundren Wiki
    NWN2 Wiki
    Forgotton Realms Wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Seheren View Post
      I disliked that people just farmed the giants repeatedly. In all the time I've played here I have had 10-15 chars level 15-20 and I've run giants probably 5 times ever. All I've ever heard is that people just log in once per day ((Or more)) to run up the spine and for 5 minutes work could grind out a bunch of Gold and a good chance of gems. Always thought that was pretty weak..
      I have taken to doing that lately on occasion, if I only have 5 mins to play, then yes I will go and do that giants. I wouldn't call it "a good chance of gems" as in 20-25 times killing them I have only ever found a single mediocre gem.

Also I disagree that its "pretty weak"... how much RP can you do if you can only log in for 5 mins anyway? By the time you found another player you'd have to log out.
      UTC+8
      Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
      Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

I've run it on 2 different chars in the last few months. First run I did, Blue Diamond. Ran again a few weeks later, Blue Diamond.. Ran it just a couple weeks ago? Kings Tear. 3 Runs, 3 high level gems. Plus a few green/blue items, gold and scrolls.

Comment

That's luck, Seheren. I've played for 3+ years and had at least 6 characters able to solo giants. In those 3 years, I've gotten 10X as many gems mining as from the giants. The drop rate is extremely low on gems on them. Not to mention most of the gear they drop is extremely weak sauce. Deadly crossbows, shocking shurikens X3, mighty slings, etc. And the " large amounts of gold" is the lead giant sometimes drops 200-450 gold. That's not really impressive at all for how dangerous they can be, even for casters who know what they are doing.

But I agree a lot with Memnoch. If it's going to be a long time before new quests are in, can we please, please keep the few quests we have left instead of removing them?
          Tigen Amastacia: Died in events so you didn't have to.

Quintin Ulsteris: Nice-guy Legion engineer, deceased son of House Ulsteris.

Clandriel Cain: AKA "Fire-eyes" AKA "Demon hunter" AKA "OH MY GOD, WHY IS HE STILL STABBING ME!!??"

Comment

I meant large amounts after selling items ((Many for 1500 gold on top of the gold dropped)) for minimal effort in comparison to finishing a dungeon. Getting to the end of either Temple in the Mossdale had less drops then that, and you had to go through an entire dungeon that can be very dangerous. ((Not counting on kill gold.)) I simply felt it made things too easy, but that is only my personal opinion.

Comment

I disliked that people just farmed the giants repeatedly. In all the time I've played here I have had 10-15 chars level 15-20 and I've run giants probably 5 times ever. All I've ever heard is that people just log in once per day ((Or more)) to run up the spine and for 5 minutes work could grind out a bunch of Gold and a good chance of gems. Always thought that was pretty weak..
              Yep which is part of the reason why we are having higher standards going forward with the quests.

Trust me I want lots of quests, but most of the staff are not interested in making them and are focusing on other things for players right now, whether its bugfixing, classes, balance changes, new dungeons, etc.

I will try to make more myself but for my own sanity I must take breaks from tool-setting at times because it can be tedious even though most of the time its fun.
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

I've run it on 2 different chars in the last few months. First run I did, Blue Diamond. Ran again a few weeks later, Blue Diamond.. Ran it just a couple weeks ago? Kings Tear. 3 Runs, 3 high level gems. Plus a few green/blue items, gold and scrolls.
                Really? I've ran giants more than a few times in the last few years, and I've gotten a high level gem maybe once that entire time. Good on you, man!
                Characters:
                Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
                Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
                If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Peridan View Post
                  Really? I've ran giants more than a few times in the last few years, and I've gotten a high level gem maybe once that entire time. Good on you, man!
                  Same with me, ran the giants several times and a gem only once and it was raw. Seheren luck was with you. Good deal.
                  Danté Swift: Archmagus and Marshal of Sestra.

Comment

Originally posted by Peridan View Post
                    Ditto. I find my gems while mining. I can't remember a time when I found one via the Giant Quest. Good on you is right.

Cheers
                    Cheers!

Comment

More than a few times isn't everyday.
                      Lauan - knight of Thay " I have no fear, and death is merely an inconvenience to me. I do not die until ordered to do so, I do not fall until every last bit of life has left me. I stand tall, proud, a Thayan knight."

Adeodatus Exitium -
                      "Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart, for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." — James Baldwin

Comment

Both blue diamonds were raw, but that doesn't change anything. My point was there are characters that did this every day, for long periods of time to amass ridiculous fortunes. While this wasn't really abuse as the quest was set up that way, I wasn't a fan. Not sad to see it go.

Comment

1. Crappy rewards from other dungeons /= giants loot op.

2. < 2000 gold/day does not a massive fortune make if there are systems in place to sink gold.

3. Gem drop rate might be 5%.

4. Stop removing content before replacement stuff is ready.
                          Originally posted by Cornuto
                          Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Closing

Edit: Anyone who actually wants to pitch ideas for new quests there is a suggestion forum, anyone who wants to write quests so Saulus doesn't go Leonidas on everyone I'm sure he'd appreciate it, apply to be a quest writer.

The crying woman was supposed to be removed along with the other quests and merely slipped through the cracks

Edit: Reason for closing was (got off topic)
                            Last edited by Incognito; 11-23-2012, 01:01 AM.
                            I used to be a player like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Sundren Wiki
                            NWN2 Wiki
                            Forgotton Realms Wiki

Comment

Working...
                            X