Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elf faction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doubtful View Post
    They work as a group, share skills and talents and generally improve the flavour of the server all round.

They've done this with normal DM support. No special favours or aid grants, even when the dwarven faction, Whurest, was implemented the Skullcleavers stayed clear of it for a long time, preferring to be their own thing rather than risk being subsumed into Exigo.

Now, if the Dwarf players can manage to run their own faction, mine their own ore, smith high quality dwarven goods and enchant them with dwarven magic and runes, operate their own stores and generally roleplay out their own clan, why can't the elf players?

Do elves really need a helping hand above the normal DM run things? Is having a special store absolutely critical to the ability to operate an elven faction?
    Have to agree with Doubt on this one... I would like to see an Elven faction more than anyone, but its something the players themselves have to commit to and sustain over a long period, both in terms of RP as well as crafting etc.

Any cool perks such as a store with Race-tailored gear would follow a after that... (I might add that the crafting system is very limited and you wouldn't be able to make uniquely Elven gear without DM aid)

As an aside: If I did choose the Craft Arms and Armor feat and was willing to invest time and RP effort into it, would a DM let you make a weapon with a unique property? i.e. +3 Spot, DC 20 instakill Orcs etc etc

EDIT: Make that DC 50 instakill Orcs
    UTC+8
    Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
    Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

Originally posted by thaelis View Post
      ...would a DM let you make a weapon with a unique property? i.e. +3 Spot, DC 20 instakill Orcs etc etc

EDIT: Make that DC 50 instakill Orcs

It has been done before, and can still be done giving the opportunity an imagination on useage of components.

I'd skip the DC 50 instakill. You could make them, but Saulus will just give all enemies +48 to their saves.
      Dice Rolling Site
      Pathfinder SRD
      D&D SRD
      SKETCH-A-MAP SITE

D&Dwiki

Comment

Working...
      X