Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do I Achieve Epic Levels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I Can understand why everyone wants epic "sweet another lvl im a bamf!" but all the good epic stuff is turned off on Sudren SO what are you getting.... hp... and a feat. so want epic yes! is it epic. No not really. Sure that helps but it's not all the oober everyone seems to want it to be.
    Bram Drismon: Sundrens Centurio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz2GVlQkn4Q
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndpryp2OlUQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1QUZzeZoPQ

Comment

For us that likes to play multiclass characters, epic levels are a nice way of getting those class abilities that were missed due to multiclassing. In fact I don't really see the epicness in having 30 levels(apart from more HP, saves and BAB), when the epic abilities not only are left out on sundren, or really hard to get when multiclassing - but also, a lot of the epic feats require insane ability bonuses. if you have 27 in a stat at say level 21ish, chances are you've got more than one dump stat - which is a horrible outset for a character thats supposed to interesting to rp with. And isn't that the point on Sundren?

Now if the holdback on epic levels is to make it a drawback for multiclass characters, then I actually see the point in doing it.
      Last edited by Farmboy2003; 05-31-2012, 03:54 PM.
      My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
      Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

Originally posted by Farmboy2003 View Post
        chances are you've got more than one dump stat - which is a horrible outset for a character thats supposed to interesting to rp with. And isn't that the point on Sundren?
        Because flaws like weakness, being crippled, sickness, slow-thinking, foolishness or being socially inept result in horrible, uninteresting roleplay?
        Running across the mountains, attacking with an oversized scalpel, cometh Helga Great-Wyrm! And she gives a mighty bellow:
        "Brace yourself, oh human speck of dust! You are made of meat and I am very hungry!"

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
          Because flaws like weakness, being crippled, sickness, slow-thinking, foolishness or being socially inept result in horrible, uninteresting roleplay?
          Point taken. But being crippled and slow-thinking AND having the force of personality of a small god as well?
          My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
          Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

Why not?

Being crippled and a bit slow doesn't mean you can't believe in yourself, or that others cannot believe in you.

Much like that certain type of person who has a fearlessness born not of courage but stupidity and has a face even a mother would struggle to love, but some how manages to end up going out with women so out of their league that you begin to feel that it's all a part of some very sick and prolonged practical joke.
            It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
            Sydney Smith.

Comment

Are you saying my character Stubbs the no legged dwarf is horribly uninteresting just because of his disability? Law suit.
              Lauan - knight of Thay " I have no fear, and death is merely an inconvenience to me. I do not die until ordered to do so, I do not fall until every last bit of life has left me. I stand tall, proud, a Thayan knight."

Adeodatus Exitium -
              "Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart, for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." — James Baldwin

Comment

Working...
              X