Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metagamed Ressurections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metagamed Ressurections

Okay, just want to make things clear on this front. If you die, and get someone else to come res you by OOC means (tells, MSN, whatever), this is violating the metagaming rules and circumventing the death system. This is not acceptable under any circumstances. If anyone is caught doing this, both PCs involved will be reset to level 1. That's right, level 1. So, if you're thinking "What's the worst that can happen?", well, the worst is pretty bad.
    I got one leg missin'
    How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
    Meet the Feebles

Oops, I meant level 3. See PL's post, it's more succinct than mine.
    I got one leg missin'
    How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
    Meet the Feebles

Comment

http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.ph...#Death_Penalty

Death pentalty rules have been updated.

If it wasn't clear before, players are not allowed to send tells or metagame in any way to get resurrected or rescued by another player. Additionally, the Sending spell cannot be used while dead to "pseudo-RP" a rescue.

The penalty for violating this rule is, all characters involved will be reduced to level 3. Harsh? Yes. That's how serious we are about this.
      "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
      -Bill Maher

Comment

Also, you have to listen to Mach sing for ten full minutes.
        Wish spell?! What is this? ****ing Dragonball Z?!

Comment

Originally posted by Tome View Post
          Also, you have to listen to Mach sing for ten full minutes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighth_...s_Constitution
          Originally posted by ThePaganKing
          So, the roguethree bootlickers strike again.

Comment

Unfortunately for the player base the project lead is Canadian and Mach is Australian-- they laugh at your Constitutional rights.
            Originally posted by Saulus
            Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

Truly, we don't have those here.
              I got one leg missin'
              How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
              Meet the Feebles

Comment

bah, Canada is a suburb of Detroit anyways.

As for Australlians, well, they did the same thing we did to those silly brits

I forget the point im trying to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaizen View Post
                  bah, Canada is a suburb of Detroit anyways.

I forget the point im trying to make.
                  That as an American you have no concept of geography?
                  The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
                    That as an American you have no concept of geography?

we really don't.

it's quite sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaizen View Post
                      Actually no, the queen is still technically our head of state.
                      I got one leg missin'
                      How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
                      Meet the Feebles

Comment

a quick clarification,

Hypothectically, Say you are in a group who is out adventuring and 1 person dies.. Is it meta to figure out if they wish to be rezed or not and/or where? Or if one of the people who is not dead lets the person who is dead know that they have their body and will be rezing them so they do not self-rez or whatever?
                        Rodon Leonson -- Legendary bard In his own head.

Dell Willows -- Waiting for what went around..to come around.

Comment

Originally posted by DHCamel View Post
                          a quick clarification,

Hypothectically, Say you are in a group who is out adventuring and 1 person dies.. Is it meta to figure out if they wish to be rezed or not and/or where? Or if one of the people who is not dead lets the person who is dead know that they have their body and will be rezing them so they do not self-rez or whatever?
                          No, that is not meta. Asking them where to rez, or anything else that might give your characters knowledge they do not have of the character may be borderline, but that isn't what this rule is about. And of course a tell to the person asking if they wish to be rezzed and to warn them of it is also fine.

Falling somewhere after soloing a place, or an entire party falling then sending tells, messages, PMs, etc. to someone not initially with them and asking for a rez, however, is NOT okay. This is what this warning is about
                          sigpic
                          Gravity is a myth; Earth just sucks.

>>> Flame Warriors! <<<

Comment

To be blunt:

If person or group A is charging around the Mossdale / Veritas / Viridale / Other, and the person or group is slaughtered completely, and they use OOC methods to arrange another person or party to come to their location and rescue their bodies or supply a resurrection - Be it via /t, /p, PM, casting 'Sending' from the FEN, or other method - then all characters involved, regardless of current level, will be reduced to level 3.

Now, if the group is not completely slaughtered, and some members survived, then a brief message of reassurance, while borderline, will not elicit a reaction. Similarly, a survivor from a group may happily flee like crazy, ICly gather more allies and effect an attempt at recovery and resurrection - That's great, no worries there.

We are not out to punish people who let members of their group know that their body is being hauled to safety by their comrades, but those who send a quick '/t "random dude" Lollerz! Orcs pwnd me, can u come rez?' message to someone not involved will very quickly find themselves barely able to deal with the Spittlefist again.
                            It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                            Sydney Smith.

Comment

But it's always good to poke a DM and say: "I'm above level 10 and I am dead for a couple of days, could you work something icly to get me rezzed?"

Right?
                              "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Comment

Working...
                              X