Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What sort of gameplay do you enjoy most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What sort of gameplay do you enjoy most?

I'm curious to see what people enjoy about the campaign or would like to see in gameplay the most... Good action, lots of things to fight, tough bosses? Lots of loot? Detailed areas to socialize and sell and trade... tough puzzles and diverse quests? What is the most fun for you in the gameplay experience?
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

I think its nice to have quests of varying difficulties of course. I always like a good fight, preferably with a boss or boss and mini-boss. Also it would be nice to have bonus objectives in quests. These bonus objects would be harder than the rest of the quest, but would yield the higher quality items. Maybe also have quests in which the greatest reward comes through not fighting and convincing someone through diplomacy(bluff, intimidation, ect.) to get the best reward.
    The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present.

Character: Melrick Pinton

Comment

Think you named them all Saulus. I love fighting stuff, Bosses would be great... Maybe you trigger a conversation before fighting then (dunno how that'll work in parties though, Party leader?), Everyone loves loot (But too much could ruin things) and rp'ing is very important and having a good environment for it helps.

Diplomacy, Bluff and Intimidation should be used too... Maybe for quests... Getting information out of npc's. Dunno if you could use it for interactions between other players...
      "A pro isn't someone who sacrifices themselves for a job. That's just a fool." -Reno FF7

Comment

From what I've played so far, I like how there is a fair bit of action, with one enemy in every few groups dropping something worthwhile (vendor trash, or equipment). Keeps combat flowing, as well as rewarding enough to keep you going without going overboard.

Comment

I love puzzles and riddles that require thought, and have plenty of hack and slash action as well. Pull this lever here, which opens a trap door in an area you already passed, down which there is a riddle which gives the answer to a puzzle which gets you a little further etc.

Good stuff

Comment

I love exploring new areas and making a name for myself. When I play a PW I always enjoy the sense of community that comes along with it. I always set out in search of fame or infamy.
            - Faltru

Comment

Adventure

Hi to you all. I'm new here, and i'm a Role Play (HardCore) Fanatic

What i appreciate more is ADVENTURE. To be able to discover fantastic places and fantastic and diverse dungeons.

All that has been said here is great: Ridles, Boss's, Tresures, etc.

IF you have good reasons for your char to adventure, and great people that makes the best role play in town or in party adventure, then you have the best server of NWN2, i think...

Good work and i would love to help in whatever i can...

Comment

Originally posted by Prof_Renato View Post
                Hi to you all. I'm new here, and i'm a Role Play (HardCore) Fanatic

What i appreciate more is ADVENTURE. To be able to discover fantastic places and fantastic and diverse dungeons.

All that has been said here is great: Ridles, Boss's, Tresures, etc.

IF you have good reasons for your char to adventure, and great people that makes the best role play in town or in party adventure, then you have the best server of NWN2, i think...

Good work and i would love to help in whatever i can...
                Ditto. Well put.
                - Faltru

Comment

What do you mean by hardcore exactly? Please provide an example or two. Thanks.
                  The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present.

Character: Melrick Pinton

Comment

Well I'm not sure what he meant by hardcore role playing, but to me it sounds as though he wants to really get in the mind of his character and act in game only as he should. I think thats what all role players should strive for.
                    - Faltru

Comment

Yes!

That's it Faltru! It's really that.

I dont enter a server to level up, i enter a server to live another life

I am worried a lot with lots of aspects of my character, like past, look and, most of all, i ROLE PLAY all my character habilities! If i chose to have lots of STR and 8 or 6 INT, i write all words my character says wrong, like "hullu!" instead of "Hello!". If my char has CHA 8, he has no manners and calls soft names to other people, and farts in public, eats grass for cha 6, just exemples. If it has low WIS, he is always forgetting things, he knows nothing of monsters and the world, he doesnt trust people he does know very well.

That, surely" is hard to do, but give a lot of color to a character

Comment

Originally posted by Prof_Renato View Post
                        That's it Faltru! It's really that.

I dont enter a server to level up, i enter a server to live another life

I am worried a lot with lots of aspects of my character, like past, look and, most of all, i ROLE PLAY all my character habilities! If i chose to have lots of STR and 8 or 6 INT, i write all words my character says wrong, like "hullu!" instead of "Hello!". If my char has CHA 8, he has no manners and calls soft names to other people, and farts in public, eats grass for cha 6, just exemples. If it has low WIS, he is always forgetting things, he knows nothing of monsters and the world, he doesnt trust people he does know very well.

That, surely" is hard to do, but give a lot of color to a character
                        Nice, that really is a good way to roleplay!

I really like to give a personality to my characters, I don't want them to be like everyone else.

Back to the gameplay... What I enjoy most is to have a reason to keep comming back, what I mean by this is that I love to get to know other person's character, have fun with them, or hate them to the point I just want to ruin all their plans and make their life a real pain! ( roleplay wise, obviously ).

I like to be able to do the kind of stuff my character would normaly do, like enter another player's house and steal every valuable items if i'm a theif or drink all night at a tavern after a rough day and fist fight with some stranger that can drink more that I do if I'm a dumb barbarian...

Comment

personal gameplay

I like having having good places to socialize at and big, hard bosses to fight loot is ok but like partying with people to fight fight big monsters and having a nice surrounding for with good music always sets the mood for me. and having a balanced overall system(leveling, itemrestrictions stuff like that) is very very important for me hehe

Comment

As silly as what Oburi has said sounds, it holds incredible merit and represents many desires of the gaming community. Socializing, killing and objectives.
                            Sunder me? Sunder you!

Comment

zZenix, it's difficult to produce aspects of a single player campaign that intergrate well in a multi-player setting. As a result of such, skills like sleight of hand, bluff, intimidate and diplomacy will see less use than others. We must keep in mind the potential for exploitation which is typically high when we're obligated to implement things that respawn or are renewable.

Imagine for a moment that you are a persistent world designer. You propose to your team that all NPCS, both friendly and hostile should carry loot which can be pick pocketed. However, because there's going to be more than one rogue on the server, you have to find a way to renew the resources in the bags of NPCS, so that more than one person can enjoy the skill. This can only be achieved by allocating new loot to the NPC somehow. What's to stop one player from then figuring out when new loot is awarded to the NPC, then simply pick pocketing every time equipment or gold spawns in its pack? The same applies to locked objects such as chests. I know that as a designer, I myself would hate to see level three rogues with more loot and money than level twenty characters of other classes simply because they've been pick pocketing commoners all day. This also applies to charisma based skills. These things just aren't practical when the paths of several adventurers meet.
                              Sunder me? Sunder you!

Comment

Working...
                              X