Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odds and Ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odds and Ends

A few notices are placed around Mirakus Post, Second Wind Inn, and Port Avanthyr at areas providing protection from the rain. The charcoal writing is neat and precise, except where bolded for emphasis.

Articles for Sale:
    - Payment valued in local Sundren "stags". Barter can be used to reduce cost
    -- Offers of items to barter will be prioritised over offers of pure stags
    - Members and affiliates of Exigo Syndicate and House Meriadoc receive a 30% discount off final price once sufficient proof of membership/affiliation is shown
    -- Members of the Skullcleavers and/or Bristlebeard Clan receive a further 20% discount off the final price, for a total of 50%
    - If no price is listed, the merchant can negotiate a reasonable offer for the item(s)
    - Merchant reserves the right to refuse to sell articles to a customer for any reason

Arms & Armour:

The Iron Maiden -- 8,000
    [iron full plate
    +3 enhancement bonus
    4/Bludgeoning damage reduction
    +5 Will vs. Mind-affecting
    +5 Intimidate
    Spike Growth, 1/day
    -2 Dexterity
    -25% damage resistance (Bludgeoning)]

A menacing-looking full plate bristling with enough spikes to lend credence to the rumours of its origin as a former actual iron maiden. While guaranteed to make the wearer the center of attention (as well as providing excellent protection due to its solid construction), the merchant highly encourages the wearer to pad sensitive areas well and avoid bumping into things, and waives all liability for any injuries sustained in disregarding the advice.

Refurbished Everwatch Knight Armor -- 10,000
    [iron full plate
    +2 enhancement bonus
    +2 Constitution
    Immunity: Deafness/Blindness]

A suit of plate that had once adorned one of Helm's faithful. It has been exchanged by many hands since then, yet the armour still stands strong against the ravages of weaponry and spell alike.

Antique Dwarven Heavy Plate -- 8,000
    [adamantine full plate
    +2 enhancement bonus
    +10 HP
    2/Adamantine damage reduction
    -1 Dexterity
    Restriction: Level 10]

An exquisitely crafted and enchanted suit of full plate salvaged from the Whurest ruins deep within the Spine. The thick interlocking slabs of adamantine provide unparalleled protection against physical blows, but its bulk and weight tends to impede mobility.

Antique Dwarven Heavy Shield -- 20,000
    [steel heavy shield
    +3 enhancement bonus
    10% Negative damage immunity
    +3 Wisdom

An elaborately engraved shield, salvaged from the ruins beneath Whurest. On top of its already stellar worksmanship, the shield has been enchanted to provide further protection against physical blows and life-sapping magic alike, and provides rare clarity of mind for those in need of such wisdom.

Antique Dwarven Tower Shield -- 10,000
    [steel tower shield
    +2 enhancement bonus
    +3 AC vs. Giants
    +3 Fortitude save
    Foundation of Stone (2/day)

An extremely large tower shield, elaborately engraved and perfectly serviceable as a substitute door in emergency situations. Enchantments laid upon the shield grant greater protection and personal fortitude to the wielder, as well as lending some of stone's stability at times of great need.

The Piercing Cold -- 10,000 -- 2 in stock
    [adamantine battleaxe
    +2 enhancement bonus
    +2 cold damage
    +2 magical damage
    Bonus Feat: Spell Penetration
    -1 Dexterity]

A ludicrously large and elaborately decorated battleaxe that is apparently as much a functional as well as a ceremonial armament for the most distinguished and elite of Auril's followers. The weapon has been enchanted to pierce through physical and magical barriers alike, though a wielder will quickly find that its poorly balanced construction will hamper their personal dexterity somewhat.

Frostburn -- 6,000
    [steel falchion
    +2 enhancement bonus
    +2 cold damage
    Corona of Cold, 1 charge/use (10 charges)]

A large falchion with jagged teeth lining its edge that is continually wreathed with an icy pale blue flame; the details on how a flame can be cold instead of hot is best left to the open mystery known as "magic". Tapping the pommel of the falchion will summon more pale blue flame from the blade to encircle the wielder, providing them some protection from more mundane and hotter flames, and deliver a bite of cold to any unfortunate soul within range.

Freezing Falchion -- 1,500
    [iron falchion
    +2 attack bonus
    +2 cold damage]

This falchion's curved blade grants it a keener edge than the typical greatblade at the cost of some stopping power. The weapon possesses a good distribution of weight between blade and hilt to allow greater control and accuracy in striking blows, and an enchantment placed upon it grants blows struck with the additional bite of winter's chill.

"Cleaver" -- 3,000
    [steel falchion
    +2 enhancement bonus]

A curved greatblade with a reverse scalloped edge and enchanted to deliver more powerful blows.

Spectral Blade -- 4,000
    [longsword
    +1 enhancement bonus
    +2 magic damage
    +2d4 damage vs. incorporeals
    Green light, dim (5m)]

A faintly glowing longsword that yields a strange sensation to the touch, as if the blade were not entirely of this plane. This does not interfere with the weapon's primary purpose; in fact, a skilled enough wielder may appreciate its improved cutting power on par with adamantine, if not better.

Ravager -- 5,000
    [steel halberd
    +1 enhancement bonus
    +1d6 sonic damage]

A finely made halberd that emits a low hum. An ideal armament for particularly stubborn foes, though the background noise may prove distracting for some wielders.

Stonefire Axe -- 5,000
    [steel greataxe
    +1 enhancement bonus
    +2 fire damage]

Salvaged from the possession of the Firedrake giants, this axe--a mere handaxe to them--is large enough to require wielding with two hands for most. A pair of enchantments on the blade gives it more accuracy and bite with both steel and fire, and is an ideal armament to ensure that trolls and their kin remain where they lie.

Ember's Axe -- 2,500 -- 2 in stock
    [iron handaxe
    +2 enhancement bonus (+4 vs. Outsiders)]

A small hand axe with origins tracing to the Ember's Corps, a company of adventurers under the service of a dwarven paladin frequently besieged by demons and other such infernal creatures. The axe's enchantment, already powerful enough, is especially lethal towards extraplanar foes, should the wielder come across them.

Axe of the Granite Guard -- 3,500
    [+2 dwarven waraxe
    +1d4 Acid damage
    +2 Parry

An axe recovered from the depths of the Whurest ruins, bearing the markings of a regiment long gone. Its blade is enchanted to strike more accurately and lethally, and this particular model is further augmented to seek and parry incoming attacks if wielded in defense, and infuse a significant amount of corrosive acid with each blow if wielded offensively.

Hammer of the Granite Guard -- 2,000 -- 2 in stock
    [steel warhammer
    +2 enhancement bonus
    +1 Acid damage
    +1 Sonic damage

A large warhammer recovered from the depths of the Whurest ruins, bearing the markings of a regiment long gone. The enchantment upon its surface aids in striking deadlier blows, and this particular model has been further enchanted to amplify the force of impact and deliver a bite of acid with each blow.

Scimitar of Searing Ice -- 2,000 -- 2 in stock
    [ice scimitar
    +2 cold damage
    Massive Criticals: 1d6
    Blue light, normal (15m)]

The blade of this sword seems to be formed from ice that emits a blue glow and never melts, and contains enough sharp edges to ensure that telling blows are especially deadly. Other than its obvious application, this weapon is also convenient for keeping perishables and other articles (for example, blueberries) frozen.

Glassteel Cutlass -- 5,000
    [glassteel scimitar
    +2 attack bonus
    +1 slashing damage
    +3 Sleight of Hand]

The blade of this weapon is crafted from "glassteel", giving a keener edge and difficulty in perceiving at a cursory glance. Ideal for those who wish to appear unarmed to the casual observer.
    But please, keep one thing in mind for me. What have you become when even nightmares fear you?
    - Nessa

Odds and Ends, pt. 2

[ Part 2 ]

Jewelry, Clothing, & Portable Mages:

Ancient Dwarven Helm -- 5,000
    [steel helmet
    +2 Deflection AC
    +1 Will save
    10% Sonic damage immunity
    -3 Listen]

A solidly constructed spangen-built helm salvaged from the ruins beneath Whurest. The interior is generously padded to muffle any potential sound-based armaments, and its already excellent quality has been further improved to better its capability to protect the wearer's skull and thinking capability.

Priest's Ring -- 1,000
    [gold ring
    Bonus spell slots (Cleric): Level 1, Level 2]

A simple gold ring bearing various religious markings and a depression where a small enough holy symbol would fit.

Dimensional Rod -- 20,000
    [definitely not a mithral spoon
    Charges: 50
    Entropic Shield (unlimited)
    Flee the Scene (1 charge/use)
    Usable by: Assassin, Bard, Druid, Sorcerer, Spirit Shaman, Warlock, Wizard]

A silvery implement capable of conjuring a barrier around the wielder, or lend strength and speed for quick escapes. The merchant cautions against believing any rumours regarding this article's construction from the silver linings of clouds.

Shaman's Summoning Stick -- 500
    [wooden stick
    Charges: 17
    Summon Creature I (1 charge/use)
    Summon Creature II (2 charges/use)
    Summon Creature III (3 charges/use)
    Usable by: Bard, Cleric, Druid, Favored Soul, Sorcerer, Spirit Shaman, Wizard]

An ordinary-looking stick engraved with a few symbols along the tapered end, capable of conjuring astral creatures to protect and assist the wielder in combat, and perhaps other tasks. This merchant waives all liability from any incidents involving careless/reckless handling of the conjured creatures resulting in injury and/or humiliation.
    Last edited by Lugwy; 01-27-2015, 04:57 AM. Reason: Part 2 because the damn list is blowing 10k character limit. Hjeals.
    But please, keep one thing in mind for me. What have you become when even nightmares fear you?
    - Nessa

Comment

Part 3

[ Part 3 ]

Scrolls:
      - Assay Resistance
      - Blessing of Bahamut
      - Call Lightning
      - Dimension Door (3)
      - Displacement
      - Entropic Shield
      - Greater Dispelling
      - Greater Heroism
      - Resurrection
      - Sending
      - Shard's Blessing Aura
      - Skin of the Steel Dragon
      - Summon Creature IX
      - Wall of Fire

Gems, Ores, and Ingots:

Miscellany:

A footnote is attached to the fliers.

Seeking the essences of corrupted Sundrite elementals, primarily found in the mines beneath Mirakus Post; extremely potent healing tonics; and crystal ice orbs filled with restorative magic. Each article sought will be considered as having a value of a thousand stags for the purposes of subsidizing prices, or the total value of the products purchased, whichever is lower.
      The notices end stating that offers are accepted via in person, Sending, and written form (though the latter method is recommended). Written offers should be left in the Drunken Dragon Inn located within the Mirakus Post, contents addressed to 'Julia Arvison'.

Note that there may be a delay in response.
      Last edited by Lugwy; 10-08-2014, 02:34 PM. Reason: New place :3
      - Nessa

Comment

Notices are replaced, with alterations towards the listing of scrolls, gems, and miscellany.
        - Nessa

Comment

Notices are replaced and altered.
          - Nessa

Comment

Old, worn, and missing flyers are replaced.
            - Nessa

Comment

Flyers are replaced. It should be noted that some of them still have melting snow stuck to their edges.
              Last edited by Lugwy; 01-08-2013, 03:05 PM.
              - Nessa

Comment

A sending is relayed by Magus Altherion Goldleaf of the Hands to put a hold on the pair of enchanted boots, and that the coin or bank note can be delivered at Julia's earliest convenience.
                UTC+8
                Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
                Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

The reply, piggybacked along the weave of the Sending, tells Altherion that another has requested for the boots (and they are put on hold), but if the other person has not claimed them within one (RL) week, they will be his.

EDIT: Boots are sold.
                  Last edited by Lugwy; 01-08-2013, 12:45 AM.
                  - Nessa

Comment

Flyers are replaced. The main article appears to have a number of new equipment for sale.
                    - Nessa

Comment

Sold articles removed; new article added.
                      - Nessa

Comment

Flyers are updated with new equipment and sundries for sale, though the writing is jagged and uneven in places.
                        - Nessa

Comment

A note penned on fine parchment and written in emerald coloured ink finds it's way to Julia's mailbox.

Ms Arvison,

I would be most interested in acquiring a few of the scrolls in your unique collection. I fear however that my current financial means are insufficient to compensate you for scrolls of such power. If you would be willing to accept a down-payment in exchange for holding the scrolls then perhaps we could meet in order to facilitate an agreement. I would also be very pleased to learn where and how you yourself came to possess such noteworthy Arcana.

Sweet water and light laughter,
                          Lanathas Ell'thariel, Sundren University
                          Last edited by thaelis; 03-02-2013, 02:55 AM.
                          UTC+8
                          Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
                          Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

During a visit to the floating city to browse the selection available at Exigo headquarters, Julia detours through Aspirations to drop off her reply at the university.

To Lanathas Ell'thariel,

I am willing to discuss and secure an agreement with you regarding the trade of scrolls of interest, provided I know where we will be meeting, and when.

- Julia
                            - Nessa

Comment

Dear (Sargent) Julia,

If you still have the star sapphire, I would like to discuss it at your earliest convenience.

Yours in Love and Beauty,
                              Bree.
                              Bree - Bookkeeper and diplomat of Exigo.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
                              Cybil Gelley (Retired)
                              Perry Turnipfodder - aspiring talent, happy chronicler.

Comment

Working...
                              X