Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

next nwn2 expansion

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 Paladin / 20 Monk? BLATANT powerbuild right there.
    Val Evra - Wandmaker and Wanderer

Comment

Originally posted by rustediron View Post
      20 Paladin / 20 Monk? BLATANT powerbuild right there.
      NAW...see you need to min/max that snizzle.

20monk/1paladin/sorc 19

Then the diety can take "I fart fireballs" feat :P
      blame everything right in my life on god -Me.
      Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me
      I am only what you percieve, and even that is an illusion. -Me.

Ashinet Clavin Shiv Shadowsong

Comment

Actually I believe that the Faiths and Pantheons have intentionally limited the levels to 20 because epic level rules were not really clear for 3E yet. If you can remember, Elminster for instance, had level 20 wizard/blabla/4 epic, it was not even specified in any manner, just that he was beyond level 20.
        Therefore I'd say that gods are tougher than level 40, but the class selection can give good image of their mortal adventuring days and manner which they would fight each others.
        For example Bane, studied just from levels, is lv 65, while Cyric is level 51 even though they have identical divine rank, so we can safely assume that Ilmater is more likely level 25/25 pal/monk or something like that.
        Of course the whole level system is stupid because Ilmater, given his permanent 20 roll and VORPAL hands, would decapitate any god with a single strike so I guess he's the strongest of them all, but he's too emo to take over.

As for epic levels, I see it that indeed 20-30 is pretty reasonable shift, especially if the character is a mage, but 30-40 there is very little content planned so beyond that it's just about extra HP and AB, including some feats of which the best you've already picked.
        Therefore, 30+ is not even designed yet, the game doesn't even support such levels, which makes it rather dumb to get that strong.

Epics are most suited in Planescape where they can fight some epic demigods of madness and whatnot and that's where they most likely head when fighting dragons becomes cumbersome duty of playing cat and mouse

Finally, Baldur's Gate -serie was IMO the only realistic DnD epic adventure that I've seen thus far, it was really well done and despite the excessively powerful human warriors of the latter game, the creatures were for the most part reasonable, being the greatest fiends and stuff.
        In other worlds I'd say that Arthas of Warcraft 3 (screw WoW, he's become exp-able muppet in there) was pretty damn epic, bringing total destruction to the world and finally uniting with the source of his undead power. Too bad Blizzard sold its soul to the MMORPG-madness and utterly ruined the world altogether.

Cer'wyïl Durothil - Mix-breed noble elf
        Tredonael - The shapeshifter
        Glagnur Frostfury - The arctic dwarf barbarian
        Calewyn Gil'Fang - Wood elven archer
        Jaegor Ursablad - The wychlaran knight from Rashemen

Comment

Originally posted by MithrilBlade View Post

Finally, Baldur's Gate -serie was IMO the only realistic DnD epic adventure that I've seen thus far, it was really well done and despite the excessively powerful human warriors of the latter game, the creatures were for the most part reasonable, being the greatest fiends and stuff.
          Actually, I think the NWN2 OCs have come pretty close to Baldur's Gate in regards to realistic, epic DnD adventure. I was very impressed at how good the original and MotB were.

Comment

As I understand it, divine rank is separate from class ranks, it's more of a template. It adds A large chunk of natural armor, an pretty nice SR and some stuff based on who the god is, more accurately his portfolio the defensive parts can only be overcome by a god with a higher Divine rank. So Illimater would just own any mortal, or immortal creature for that matter, but would still get his ass handed to him by a greater deity.
            Lasala'ariira-A Woman Scorned.
            Chara Smith-Bio Here

Meram- Yes she's a shifty Hin, but she's still not going to pickpocket, daylight robbery is much more profitable.
            "The object of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other poor dumb bastard die for his."
            -General George S. Patton

Comment

All would have been fine if they went cannon with the attack bonus and attacks, they chose to have monks with 26 attacks per round and its ruined any possibility of lvl40..

Anyways I prefer being low levels with some friends personally, the class roles are more defined at lower level imo!
              Originally posted by roguethree
              If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Thief Of Navarre View Post
                All would have been fine if they went cannon with the attack bonus and attacks, they chose to have monks with 26 attacks per round and its ruined any possibility of lvl40..

Anyways I prefer being low levels with some friends personally, the class roles are more defined at lower level imo!
                I don't recall monks getting more attacks than dual wielding rangers in 3.5.(Rangers get 10 attacks, +1 with haste)

Comment

Monks can get perfect two weapon that stacks with flurry as long as your using Kamas I believe. There is a Monk/Divine Champion/Cleric build somewhere that stacks dual weilding flurried hasted divine wrath, divine magic augmented 6D6 elemental kamas for about 1000 damage a round I believe.

EDIT** This isnt the build I was talking about but you can see the potential http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Kama_Lord...9%2CClr%285%29
                  If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

11 monk/ IB 5 /rogue 13/sd 1

or can take 5 levels of duelist.

while monks can get flurry they progress at a medium bab not full bab of say a ranger.haste will aid both builds so no reason to compare that only the effects of greater flurry and a bab of 30

also to get perfect two weapon fighting you need 21 levels of ranger or a bunch of feats (TWF, Greater TWF, Imp TWF, Perfect TW , and dex 25).

While a monk can get alot of attacks DAMAGE is a different deal. You will either have to put some stats in str, depend on sneak damage or use an epic feat to use int.

I used a monk kama hafling in battle of builds it did okay. yeah you have alot of attacks but not a great damage output.

Ranger on the other hand you can get perfect twf without using feats and could put all stats into str to be a damage machine.

Only other perk to having so much dex is if you want Epic dodge which requires taking 5-10 levels of shadow dancer or a mix of 10-13 levels of rogue mixed with what other classes. (Defensive roll feat +imp evasion).

we really need a build discussion topic :P
                    Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me

Comment

Originally posted by Product of Void View Post
                      we really need a build discussion topic :P
                      No, we don't

Comment

Anyways Im glad they arnt taking the cap to forty, but if they dont give me Mystic Theurge for christmas Im going to go on an Obsidian killing spree *sweet smile*

Comment

Originally posted by Thief Of Navarre View Post
                          Anyways Im glad they arnt taking the cap to forty, but if they dont give me Mystic Theurge for christmas Im going to go on an Obsidian killing spree *sweet smile*
                          I was poking around the Feats.2da and the feats for it are in there, they are just turned off.

Comment

Mounted combat related feats are in the game to, but they didn't go anywhere with them, along with a whole array of epic related feats... I didn't go into too much detail examining them all, but needless to say there were allot of concepts that were just left out of the game.

Anyways, looking forward to SoZ, if the Swash buckler is looking fine then I may well have a new character concept to exercise my RPing ability with. ;D
                            Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
                            Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
                            Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
                            Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
                            Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
                            Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

Well yeah, even dev crit exists in the 2da, but I don't remember Mystic Theurge being in NWN1 outside a hak.

Comment

Just because it exist in the 2da does not mean its not broken as heck and does not work.

Yeah you can enable the classes/feat but not 100% sure that will work at all. There is even stuff still in the toolset left over from nwn1 that will not work or show up.

I miss the whips they sounded cool and gave a neat feat....FEAR my d2 damage haha.
                                (or being an epic goober with dev crit whip).

One thing I would like to see in sundren is Ion stones the scripts still worked last I played with it just no visual affect....

Comment

Working...
                                X