Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

next nwn2 expansion

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• next nwn2 expansion

Can't remember what it's called. I've heard they'll be keeping the level cap at 30. Anyone know if that's true?
    Sammael Redstone - Country-raised sorceror, knows his drink

Yes the level cap is restricted to 30 still.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Gah. Well, I'm buggered if I'm buying that.
      Sammael Redstone - Country-raised sorceror, knows his drink

Comment

Anything higher than level 30 in DnD is retarted anyway.
        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Yeah, that's true. I tried playing MotB OC, but the ridiculous numbers/stats were putting me off :S
          Val Evra - Wandmaker and Wanderer

Comment

Post - 30 the campaign world itself has a tendancy to remove characters from its mortal realms (Ie; the RP areas).

This includes;

-Being honored by their god to take a place by their side.
            -Becoming a direct target of a god and are removed from existance.
            -Being asked by a greater power (Ao) to get the hell out of the mortal world and take on a portfolio.
            -Removing themselves from the mortal world to pursue greater adventures.
            -A DM perma kills you.

These things and many more!

More then happy to see that the pre-20 content is being greatly expanded, as opposed to just throwing in more stuff that alot of PW's won't use.

Hellfire Warlock FTW IMO.
            Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
            Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
            Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
            Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
            Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
            Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

It's been widely accepted even by WotC and D&D CRPG devs that the "sweet spot" for playing D&D is around levels 7-15. Any lower and you die a lot and any higher and things get silly. When you can kill dragons without buffing, you really should just give up and die, it doesn't get much higher than that. Incidentally, the expansion is called Storm of Zehir, and it's coming out (in the UK at least) on the 21st of November.
              Lorlen Locke: "Amazing how the righteous commit acts of tyranny and terror almost as beautiful as our own under their banner of "good". We merely call a spade a spade."

"If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly."

Comment

I've heard its been put back two weeks to the start of Dec, the 7th I heard.

In my opinion if you want to watch or play anything higher than level 30 stick with such genres as Dragonball Z, you can fly, and glow and blow up worlds and other such -cough-childish-cough- things.
                Skeld Ironthews, Warrior of the Grey Wolf Tribe of the Uthgardt.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeld Ironthews View Post
                  I've heard its been put back two weeks to the start of Dec, the 7th I heard.

In my opinion if you want to watch or play anything higher than level 30 stick with such genres as Dragonball Z, you can fly, and glow and blow up worlds and other such -cough-childish-cough- things.
                  I can't see that being the case. The game has already gone gold, there's no reason to push it back. Plus EBGames states it comes out on the 18th.

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/Produ...oduct_id=72498

It's highly unlikely they would still list this date if it was invalid seeing as it is so close to release.

George Carlin

Comment

The game has gone gold which means its already being shipped to distributors. I don't know for sure if SoZ is worldwide release or not, and that can be the only reason why it would be released on Dec. 7th.

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
                      Anything higher than level 30 in DnD is retarted anyway.
                      100% agree.

in nwn1 servers allowing level 40 would either be broken or insane.

In pnp I would cap players at 20. In nwn1-2 would cap at 30.

why? NWN is not dnd its based of it but a different beast and some neat toys come at level 21-30.

Many are grip'n about the expansion only having 1 base class and two PRC classes. Myself I want to see what new place ables, scripts, and spells it offers and hope for a few new outfits to see.

Plus it has new classes (which I see as a perk). Also from screen shots look like a dino companion is possible maybe its a ranger critter
                      blame everything right in my life on god -Me.
                      Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me
                      I am only what you percieve, and even that is an illusion. -Me.

Ashinet Clavin Shiv Shadowsong

Comment

For perspective, some minor GODS are level 40. I'm not talking demi-gods. Actual, full, portfolio owning GODS. Case in point: Ilmater. 20 monk/20 paladin. Some of your characters worship him. He's classified as an Intermediate deity.

EDIT: Oh, but don't plan on challenging him for his portfolio. He has an AC of 92, +71 attack bonus, +60 to saves, and immunity to most all spells, and he's pretty much omniscient in a 13 mile radius. Hell, good luck killing one of his avatars. Major gods are in the realm of level 70. Ao could wipe out all existence if he even contemplated the possibility.
                        Dalian - Shapeshifter of the Tuatha Dé Dúlra
                        "My true identity goes beyond the outer roles I play. It transcends the Self."
                        UTC -4

Comment

Originally posted by Elusa View Post
                          For perspective, some minor GODS are level 40. I'm not talking demi-gods. Actual, full, portfolio owning GODS. Case in point: Ilmater. 20 monk/20 paladin. Some of your characters worship him. He's classified as an Intermediate deity.

EDIT: Oh, but don't plan on challenging him for his portfolio. He has an AC of 92, +71 attack bonus, +60 to saves, and immunity to most all spells, and he's pretty much omniscient in a 13 mile radius. Hell, good luck killing one of his avatars. Major gods are in the realm of level 70. Ao could wipe out all existence if he even contemplated the possibility.
                          No true level 40 would be able to beat Ilmater anyway, because he has those godlike abilities like Alter Reality and such. You also have to consider he can smite someone with 22d12 divine damage from 13 miles away.

And Ao's level is infinity divided by 0, so thats the worst god to tackle.

Comment

Ao can't manipulate the mortal realm anyway so it's about as useful as a dull knife for doing much of anything.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
                              Ao can't manipulate the mortal realm anyway so it's about as useful as a dull knife for doing much of anything.
                              That would explain why F&P has no stats for him.

And yeah, attempting to kill a god is a way to certain death, pretty much regardless of level. I didn't think including the "Alter Reality" ability of the gods was necessary to prove the point. And if Ilmater was a greater deity, that 22d12 would be 22 x 12, since all their rolls are maximized. The point was, by the time you reach level 40, you should be getting people to worship you, steal a neglected portfolio, etc. Just have to get past the whole "mortality" deal.

Of course, as previously stated, no DM with any degree of sanity would let their players surpass 30. It's more fun to cut through a goblin horde and have permanent battle scars than cut through a dozen great wyrm dragons like a hot knife through butter.
                              Dalian - Shapeshifter of the Tuatha Dé Dúlra
                              "My true identity goes beyond the outer roles I play. It transcends the Self."
                              UTC -4

Comment

Working...
                              X