Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MotB Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nutranurse View Post
    ARARARARARARARGAGRAGRAGRAGRG

Stop discussing the damn game when I do not have it!
    Stop looking in a discussion thread about a game you don't have if you don't want to see any spoilers
    Elriel Freyja: Child moon elf ranger that can't keep herself out of trouble
    Caindy Blake: Human fighter with a limp in her step

Thy soul shall find itself alone
    'Mid dark thoughts of the gray tomb-stone;
    Not one, of all the crowd, to pry
    Into thine hour of secrecy

Comment

Im going to send you a pm full of spoilers LBD!

Comment

I finished Mask of the Betrayer yesterday evening. Played as a moon elf Sorcerer/Eldritch Knight. Usually, when I play roleplaying games, I choose to go the altruistic good path during my first playthrough. Unfortunately, Mask of the Betrayer's 'good' ending made me feel ? what's the word?

It gave me a 'What?' kind of feeling. Incomplete. I almost always play through a roleplaying game multiple times as multiple character types (altruistic good, completely destructive and reckless, subtle evil, etcetera). I'm hoping that during my first evil attempt I won't be left with the same feeling.

A lot of things that happened throughout the plot were gutwrenching, in both the good and bad ways. The things that pertained to Neverwinter Nights 2's original campaign were developed enough to get to me. Some of the new companions and the societies within which they dwelled made me want to eat their soul out of irritation.

Also, I agree with Undeadsteak. Gann > Kaelyn for spells.

Comment

So, the long and short of it is, MOTF is a $30.00 patch, with some enhancements?
          Myrddin Ariandraig

Comment

Originally posted by Myrddin View Post
            So, the long and short of it is, MOTF is a $30.00 patch, with some enhancements?
            Bingo! Or at least that's what I was thinking when I handed the money over
            I got one leg missin'
            How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
            Meet the Feebles

Comment

Originally posted by Myrddin View Post

Hmm? I thought the campaign was pretty fun. And the evil ending.. .Meh, getting pwned by Okku hurt. I'd take the good ending > Evil. I'm not betraying my teddy bear! ;(

Comment

The funny thing about MoTB for me, is that I too treated it more like a patch (one that I had to buy at that) because the first thing I did after installing it was not to go through and play the new campaign, but to update and jump in multiplayer and hop on Sundren.

Yep. The first thing I did was play Sundren. I didn't even go through and look at the new races, classes and PRCs.
                Dashmin "Dash" Fleetfoot
                Strongheart Halfling

Burglar turned Wizard.

Comment

Sundren will always be on the cutting edge of NWN2, whether people want to look at the expansion as a patch or not, we'll continue to use it obviously . Just like if and when Obsidian releases another expansion, we'll certainly be adding it to Sundren shortly after.
                  The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by dashminus View Post
                    The funny thing about MoTB for me, is that I too treated it more like a patch (one that I had to buy at that) because the first thing I did after installing it was not to go through and play the new campaign, but to update and jump in multiplayer and hop on Sundren.

Yep. The first thing I did was play Sundren. I didn't even go through and look at the new races, classes and PRCs.

Heh, i rushed at the campaign, and i was sad that i didnt see the KC mention anything about his past, no sadness, nothing. Nope, they pretty much acted like the whole thing never happened, except for a few references. (A few people calling him the hero of the sword coast or something.)

Comment

Grrr
                      ^Still has not recived copy of MoTB, still seething with anger!

((Great >_> I killed the discussion! /Gloat))
                      Last edited by nutranurse; 10-15-2007, 06:34 AM.
                      ~Lyonette L'cyr (Rook)-- Deader than Malaclypse

~Megandlla Uyth 'Llar -- In a land Far Far away!

~Emilee Mistwalker -- A Female Sigrun? Pfft, far cooler--.... eh.... Hated!!

Comment

Originally posted by undeadsteak View Post
                        Heh, i rushed at the campaign, and i was sad that i didnt see the KC mention anything about his past, no sadness, nothing. Nope, they pretty much acted like the whole thing never happened, except for a few references. (A few people calling him the hero of the sword coast or something.)
                        Isn't the area where MOTB takes place like...thousand(s) of miles away from the Sword Coast? That being the case, and the fact that you were brought there almost immediately...theres no reason anyone but the most observant of peoples to know you.

Comment

Working...
                        X