Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MotB Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MotB Discussion

First off, if your going to put spoilers, please tell. I havent finished the story. But whats your thoughts about spells, classes, na ll that stuff? Im sorta pissed, i liked the old spell voices MUCH better, and the old faces for humans too. Why do we look like chipmunks now? It was bad enough aasmair having that face.

I liked my voice to sound commanding when I casted spells, kinda fits the cleric thing to me. Now its a soft, meh and its goes ot fast for me to understand it. As for the faces yea, Joan looked ALOT better before. With this expantion though, it did give me a good idea for a character I want to have. I personally cant say much about the classes besides they look nice, havent actually played any of them, but this should make people more uniqie in a sence. More options, more and diffrent things, so it seems nice Epic spells look mmmmmmmm
    Sacrifice everything as the final darkness falls... in the end, all that awaits you is death. Only then will you understand - you've been following in my footsteps all along.
    So come then, you heroes! Come in all your power and glory! For in the final hour, all must serve the one... true... king.

Comment

Spirit shaman is kick ass . Now, that idiot face stuff gah.. And no, the spells my air gensai stormlord casted sounded like a small anime char. The males isnt that bad... I just hope they did not screw up warlocks voice too..

(Slight spoiler?)

One thing i hate in the campaign is its so EPIC. Every mage you encounter casts level nine spells mainly. Maaakkess noo sense. playing on Sundren, i guess im just used to not having 1000's of people shoot level nine spells.

Comment

Bit disappointed with the epic druid forms, dragon shape isn't that impressive no breath attacks or anything, pretty much need to min max your stats to get it, only has red blue and black dragon options (no bronze even though in one of the previews it was said you could be a bronze dragon with a bronze animal companion).

I'd rather not get the dragon form at all and get the dragon companion but thats not an option since the form is a requirement, basically you need 29 wisdom by level 27 to get both dragon form and companion, and likely have to skip magical beast form.

The panther companions fur looks like rubber and is pretty ugly in general. Their portrait doesn't look that great either. I'm also not really impressed with the plant forms, like the dragons no special ability to set them apart from the other forms just a different appearance. Other then the winter wolf which gets 1d6 cold damage from its attacks the magical beast forms don't seem that special either, didn't really notice anything that made the celestial leopard and phase spider stand out.

Was looking forward to the additions to this class the most so rather disappointing.

Comment

I've decided to try the D2D for the first time ever. No copy protection, no need to have disc in drive, etc. Anyone have any bad experiences with this method of buying games? I will, of course, be backing up the zip files when they download.

And yeah, I doubt I'll even play the OC of the expansion. I don't care for epic levels. I didn't even finish the first OC. After level 15 or so, I get bored...and I prefer low magic to the buckets of magic items they throw at you in the OC.

I will be curious to read everyone's thoughts on it though.
          sigpic
          How to Save $$ at Christmas

Fingal Haller - dwarven scout, locksmith and mercenary
          Reuel - Human (absent-minded) Wizard
          Rudash - Orc-blooded lad with a chip on his shoulder

Comment

I can't say the OC doesn't have oodles of deliciously overpowered epic level stuff... however what I can say is if you like the NWN series even just a bit, play the MotB OC. As a DnDer since BGI (not that long I know) I can say it's the best DnD PC game I've played since BG2, the story, graphics and features all around make it a highly enjoyable addition to NWN2... And just like what I kept saying before it came out, it has finally made NWN2 what it should have been.

Sundren will be showing off a lot of MotB's features in the coming weeks, with an initial blast of MotB updates to come this week.
            The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Im still on the 1st chapter, after lots of junk happened, i don't find it THAT interesting. I liked HotU better.

Comment

Getting a weird cloak clipping issue. Seems my cloak is all bunched up at my neck, or is getting clipped, until I start running...then it straightens out. Oddness. Also, I thought they had implemented a new stealth animation, but I don't see any change in it.

Anyway, too tired to start playing, but I may make a character and give it a go. May as well try it and see if it holds my interest...
                sigpic
                How to Save $$ at Christmas

Fingal Haller - dwarven scout, locksmith and mercenary
                Reuel - Human (absent-minded) Wizard
                Rudash - Orc-blooded lad with a chip on his shoulder

Comment

All I know is that it mde my character look weird (everything seems to be paler). Hair went from Blue-Gray to 'gray as yer Grandad', skin is paler, and weird shadows started appearing on the face. Oh yeah, and "purple" light is now pink.

Haven't played the campaign (though I might give it a try), no single player d&d experience has ever lived up to BG2 (not fair to compare perhaps, but I can't help it).
                  I got one leg missin'
                  How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
                  Meet the Feebles

Comment

Originally posted by undeadsteak
                    Im sorta pissed, i liked the old spell voices MUCH better, and the old faces for humans too. Why do we look like chipmunks now? It was bad enough aasmair having that face.
                    I have to disagree here, I like the new spell chants a lot more than the old NWN1 ones. The changed faces look a lot better IMHO as well, though they borked most of the new, MotB specific faces (judging from male human faces, I never play females so I don't care how they look).
                    Most of the new creatures look ok, though the tinting on some of them seems a bit odd (e.g. the panther would look a lot better and less like made of rubber if they hadn't used pure black tints (which are unrealistic anyway since you can still notice the spots on a real panther) and don't get me started on the wyvern...).
                    The new placeables are where MotB's content really shines. With roughly 500 new placeables, the additions are huge and while some are extremely limited in their use, most are very useful.

Comment

I guess I will be splitting my time now between the game and Sundren. I created a character last night on Sundren that will be eventually be one of the new prestige classes, but not sure when I will get to that point while splitting time. Maybe I will be bored with it and come back to Sundren full time. I never did finish the first NWN2 game.

Comment

Best dnd game ever Imo, good and fun story, multiple endings, challenging, its perfect.
                        I laughed so hard when I used Mass fowl on a group of ancient vampires.
                        Also great voice acting, Okku and Safiya sound great.
                        Jonathan Portnoy - A pirate's life fer me ARRR
                        Caleb Norte - The Green Half-Orc
                        Ego Trip - Wizard Spectacularrr

Comment

Motb is certainly one of the best rpg campaigns ever made for some years, i may even rate it slightly higher compared to HOTU.
                          Finished the game 2 times (Air genasi wizard (stylish!!) and an half-drow fighter\blackguard), going for a 3rd ( after the true good and true evil endings) playing a pure ranger.
                          Some faces and hairs are pretty good, but i agree that we should have alot more head models (most of the elf models still look horrible).
                          Btw, One Of Many is quite well designed, very original .

Comment

Human. 10 Wizard, 10 Red Wizard, 10 Arcane Scholar of Candlekeep.... School of Specialization? Necromancy. Amount of godliness when casting Wail of the Banshee: Priceless.
                            The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

I played a 19 Ranger 1 wizard 10 arcane archer, by the end of the game I was dealing damage almost like an IGMS spell.
                              Last edited by Lord Osadam; 10-12-2007, 02:54 AM.
                              Jonathan Portnoy - A pirate's life fer me ARRR
                              Caleb Norte - The Green Half-Orc
                              Ego Trip - Wizard Spectacularrr

Comment

Working...
                              X