Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Character Wipes after beta, your thoughts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character Wipes after beta, your thoughts?

Please do not force me to close this thread... constructive comments only. Do not mention other players by name, or flame anyone in this thread.
    Yes, it gives everyone a fair start
    77.36%
    No, it's unfair
    13.21%
    Either way I don't care
    9.43%
    Other (post)
    0.00%
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Just do it.
    I think I finally see the logic in wipes after a beta.
    But I do think those that made an impact on yoru server do deserve something small in return when they re-start? Could be something minor like 50 gp more, or some clothing tailored for them colour-appearance wise.
    *shrugs* or not.

I think I'll wait until beta is over anyways.
    There's a thin line between the definition of genius and insanity; I cross it all the time.

Comment

><, I dont want to loose my char It was really fun to play her, and build her story up. I dont feel like having to restart her over again, and loose all the friendships she had, and enemies. If it happens though, i have my backup char thought out.

Comment

Well think of it this way--The beta period will probably be around for a good while, so you can continue to play your characters. Once the beta is over, just come up with another one.

I don't want to lose my characters either, but i'm using this as a learning experience. Maybe we do deserve something for helping with the beta, but really, I'm just enjoying being able to PLAY the beta. Thats enough reward for me.
        "The Weave is the source of all magic in Faerun, and I would give my life to protect it!"
        Selene Canadiel--Knight of the Weave
        "I have failed you once....I will not fail you again!"
        Sylvanas Kathar--Thayan Knight

Comment

Kind of indifferent... I would like some time to build my character as well, and I don't think I could re-create him again after the wipe. It would be a little strange. I think the new exp system has done much to curb the grinding, and I think the people who did benifit from this will probably have left by the time a wipe is even considered. Either way, this is the best server out there, and I'll be back wipe or not.
          Player behind ~ Ohgmek

Comment

I agree with wiping it totally. I'm going to keep my character - just remake. It'll be more fun going through the second time because more content will be added..and...you can still have your friendships. :-)
            Amateur historian of religion | Website Designer | Known in-game as Talon Eloi.

Comment

well, all your chars strengthwill sort of be gone, we could use a story line for that.. like some artifact removed everyone in sundrens power >>, thats like yes.. i know.. dumb.

Comment

Hmm....God's clashing, a magical shield sundering (pun intended), maybe a ripple in time? Everyone is reverted to the point they were when they first came into the land? I'm sure the story writers could come up with SOME idea.
                "The Weave is the source of all magic in Faerun, and I would give my life to protect it!"
                Selene Canadiel--Knight of the Weave
                "I have failed you once....I will not fail you again!"
                Sylvanas Kathar--Thayan Knight

Comment

Every professional beta I've ever been involved with has had character wipes after beta but they did give the betans a chance to hit the server first to reserve their coveted character names...

Maleficus "Ravenor" Carnificis
                  "Dreams... such fertile ground for the seeds of torment. I can sense your ripeness and, oddly enough, it is time for the harvest. Please, save your tears... I intend to reap your sorrow slowly and have ages to discover the things that make you suffer... I am eager to revel in the sweet melody of your screams and the melancholy of your despair..."
                  Eldraxus Tzyvioq
                  Mystic Theurge (and Harper) of Deneir wandering the Sundered Valley in search of (and with the intention of mapping out) places of power, ley-line intersections, and other locations where the divine and arcane intersect...

Comment

I think it would be nice if we could keep the characters, but I don't want to. Personally, I think every roleplayer should realize the one thing they could gain in the beta is friendships, enemies, and so on. That's important to me, personally, because what fun is roleplaying if people don't know you? I intend to remake Dan just the way he was with the same history and knowing the same people. He's closing in on level seven, too. That's a fair ways to me. I hate grinding. But I couldn't give him up because people know him now. I like that.

I think this is a great thing for the Sundren staff to do, and it's very fair to everyone. That is, making a poll.

Comment

I really see no problem with a complete wipe. All you have to do is make your character exactly like it was before, and BAM, same friends and enemies as before.

Comment

all right, im convinced to remake her, but i fear some of the people wont want to start their char over again and go off to a new char ><. Though i think i might want to keep Sylivia level 7 then, because i dont want to be level 20 in the beta and once its over a level 4 again, which would make no sense. Im not really sure...

Comment

I can't disagree *doesn't mention the fact he never really got anywhere to begin with to get affected by the wipe *
                          Dale Kalmir -Fighter/Lover/Leader/Hero
                          Arcadius Delmont- Snob
                          Drum - Little
                          Syris Namor - Sober

Comment

I say wipe it. I'm probably for it because my character is going nowhere fast, and I'm sure some of the more developed characters will not be happy - but just do it. It'll be better if every player gets to start fresh after the beta.
                            Character(s)
                            >Olin Lavith - Human scholar with a passion for knowledge.

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.
                            ?Kender Proverb, Time of the Twins

Comment

To me me it has nothing to do with a fair start or equipment or gold or anything. This is BETA. It is for the purpose of ironing details out before going live. I understand that some people feel they will lose what they have already RP'd but dont worry the Midget Miedics will still be here after a wipe. Besides somebody is going to have to help me get my spoon back from those smelly goblins.
                              Parn Thistleknot - Founder of the Midget Medic Corps.
                              Raven

Comment

Working...
                              X