Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How important are RP areas to you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's more or less the idea, it's just designing a system to do quests so that we don't have to do any custom scripts per quest is a very complex thing to do, especially with the level of detail we plan on integrating this with our factions...

Needless to say though we are making great strides in progress towards this goal and there is definetly a light at the end of the tunnel.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Just to add... looking forward to the quest system, sounds excellent!
      "Im a hero hunter, I hunt heroes... I havn't found any yet"

Comment

Yeah, that coupled with the factions system will bring the world even more to life.
        ~ Sigrun Hael - Ranger of the Viridale

~ Aoden Haven - Former Swordcaptain

Comment

Hey... uh... Aux... that wasn't uh, me was it? *shifty eyes*

Comment

Originally posted by Handsomeman View Post
            i need a crossroad where a lot of adventurers gather from time to time and have no guards so my bandit can rob them

>_>, this matter is acutally serious for me. See, another + about crossroads, lol.

No gaurds.

Most RP areas always have gaurds, which annoys me. It limits RP, seeing as you can't do many things w/o a DM watching over, as it'd be Metagaming...

Also, I love the RP areas, but a few more dungeons would not hurt ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
              That's more or less the idea, it's just designing a system to do quests so that we don't have to do any custom scripts per quest is a very complex thing to do, especially with the level of detail we plan on integrating this with our factions...

Needless to say though we are making great strides in progress towards this goal and there is definetly a light at the end of the tunnel.
              yeah... thats what I'm dying to see.
              Thain

Astin

Dergil

Comment

Yeah, I kind of figured a lot of areas that seem empty will be used for quests. Nice to hear those are coming along.

Also, I really like the trading post areas and re-do of the hills. Great stuff.
                sigpic
                How to Save $$ at Christmas

Fingal Haller - dwarven scout, locksmith and mercenary
                Reuel - Human (absent-minded) Wizard
                Rudash - Orc-blooded lad with a chip on his shoulder

Comment

RP Areas

I agree that any area can be an RP area and people have to understand that you don't need a DM or a special area to RP. You can RP standing in the middle of the street at the trade tier.

Anyway, I think all the areas are very well done and the quests will just round out the world.

As to XP and people not wanting to team up because of it, well, that is wrong because this is an RP server, but I also understand that sometimes all that a person wants to do maybe is get a level because they don't get to play that often. When I enter a party and find that I am either very much lower or higher than them, I will OOC ask them if they mind the XP hit. Most of the time they don't, but if they do, then I will merely move on and find other people to RP with.

Comment

Yeah that's what I do... I hate it when people start leaving because there are more than 5 people.
                    Val Evra - Wandmaker and Wanderer

Comment

There are some cases when joining up is not sensible...epsecially if your character just ran across two random guys in a cave...two random guys that could potentially...ram a sword through your back while your fighting, take your gold, equipment, and leave.

In a pnp adventure, our DM reinforced this particular point about not asking every random guy on the road to join us when we woke up the following morning and a "Free Knight" that had joined us and seemed upstanding, had left in the night...with all our money and a few choice magical items.

Unless they specifically state it's an xp issue, remember that rp will sometimes (or often depending on character) dictate that you won't want to join with other people.
                      ~ Sigrun Hael - Ranger of the Viridale

~ Aoden Haven - Former Swordcaptain

Comment

I have been really enjoying asking people I met that were alone in the Sharahan Caves to prove that they were not a Banite by saying blasphemies out loud about the god and its followers. I mean, only someone really courageous, insane or with the enemy would wander alone in there. XD

Another thing that I'd like to make notice of, related to Aux's intervention regarding under-RPed parties, is about the attitude of some bored medium-high level players that come in low-level dungeons and wildernesses. This happened twice to me this week: I was with another level pirate of my level adventuring around Mossclaw Meet and Mossclaw Village when some godly-buffed up character appears, runs past us with no greeting, no RP at all and starts blanketing the critters ahead with area of effect spells, then leaves for another area, leaving us to wait for respawns and miss items that could actually be of use to us.

COURTESY PLEASE!

I've seen really commendable OOC attitudes from other high-level characters, like a priest-paladiny type who warned us against the dangers of the Stonegarb (?) Cave and its ogres. He stayed outside of the party and aided us with spells and sword when he saw that we couldn't handle the ogres, just accompanying us and RP otherwise. We did turn back after the second group of ogres, but it was a very interesting interaction with a high level character nonetheless, that saves our lives instead of ... getting himself some savings. >_> Evil characters should not act like this, that's not what I'm saying, but even then, especially while playing Evil, keeping some measure of OOC courtesy in mind will always make you the most-loved vilain.
                        Drado Nackle, gnome scholar of the Weave
                        Roger Datson, swashbuckler and booty-seeker
                        "Mercy? You wanted mercy?! I'M CHAOTIC NEUTRAL!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_Wyrm View Post
                          COURTESY PLEASE!

I've seen really commendable OOC attitudes from other high-level characters, like a priest-paladiny type who warned us against the dangers of the Stonegarb (?) Cave and its ogres. He stayed outside of the party and aided us with spells and sword when he saw that we couldn't handle the ogres, just accompanying us and RP otherwise. We did turn back after the second group of ogres, but it was a very interesting interaction with a high level character nonetheless, that saves our lives instead of ... getting himself some savings. >_> Evil characters should not act like this, that's not what I'm saying, but even then, especially while playing Evil, keeping some measure of OOC courtesy in mind will always make you the most-loved vilain.
                          Thats very well put, you dont need to actually be in party to help out. I often do that with Takhla if I know she is going to ruin someones xp. The funny thing I have found is a lot of the "evil" players are actually the most polite OOC
                          Currently playing:

Bree Merrymar: Paladin of the Wayward Wardens

Comment

Working...
                          X