Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How important are RP areas to you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How important are RP areas to you?

Sundren has many areas for use of various RP avenues. From camps, open fields, to wizard laboratories.

How important is it to you that we include and continue to add areas of this nature?
    I couldn't play Sundren without them!
    58.43%
    I'm glad we have them, but it's not the most important part.
    30.34%
    I don't care either way.
    4.49%
    A couple are alright, but there are too many now.
    4.49%
    They are a waste of time, bring on the dungeons and critters!
    2.25%

RP SERVER = RP areas.... you know, those wonderful places where Grinders tend to shrug off?
    ~Lyonette L'cyr (Rook)-- Deader than Malaclypse

~Megandlla Uyth 'Llar -- In a land Far Far away!

~Emilee Mistwalker -- A Female Sigrun? Pfft, far cooler--.... eh.... Hated!!

Comment

<3 Wyntir Estate and Thayan Enclave.

RP areas ftw, tbh.
      -Arcanist Josirah Caranos, Red Wizard of Thay

Comment

On an RP server, any area is potentially an RP area. Adding new areas is great but we are aware of the limitations of NWN2.

Redesign of an area can make the area more functional for RP as was done with the Crossroads being replaced by the Exigo Camp. The fire remains with the backdrop of the merchants being an attractive setting. A separate zone for the Trading House is a fine addition.

Redesign of the Sharahan Hills is excellent, splitting the first zone into two zones... a camp staging area and a preliminary encounter area.

Keep up the fine work, adding or redesigning areas as you see fit.

Comment

We is need RPAreas. I really miss the crossroads!

Comment

Originally posted by undeadsteak View Post
            We is need RPAreas. I really miss the crossroads!
            The crossroads is coming back, don't worry.
            The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

The redesign of the crossroads for me has made it an excellent area for RP. You seem to meet a lot more people there now then you ever did at the crossroads, plus as you have the trading post there everyone has an in character reason to be there.
              Currently playing:

Bree Merrymar: Paladin of the Wayward Wardens

Comment

Crossroads has quite an IC reason to be there too. Lots of people come to the Trading Post w/o buying, so meh.

Crossroads is just somethign you crossed when you were getting to somewhere else, and needed a little break. And nice to know the crossroads will be back, Saulus ^^.

I also found alot of RP on the crossroads, but yeah. The trading post has a bit of RP too.

And too many? it seems like theres only two...

Comment

RP areas are very re-usable as it is the RP interactions that matter.

I feel alot more like a ranger when I have a wilderness grove to stay at than having to stay in ye commone inn.

Likewise when Ive played Paladins or Clerics elsewhere it felt "right" when they had their temple/church/monastary to call home. Which of course would not work for a Ranger.

The fight area are reusuable in the sense you can grind over them. Fighting is a component of the NWN game unless DMs are present 24/7 with every gathering of players.

Of course a balance is needed. What is point of having an army of Helmites if there is danger to protect a town from?

I would favor keeping RP areas over fighting areas if something had to be trimmed.

Hmm... a bit more work but what if the fighting areas where rotated from time to time with the RP areas more constand? This would account for NWN2 limited memory capacity. For instance the Goblin Band Y cave is wiped out. So it is taken out of the server to but in Bugbear Clan Z as a hunting area until stories wipe them out. In time maybe Orcs move into the old Band Y caves or an undead summoner moves in.
                  Old time gamer, author, rattan swinger and so much more.
                  Characters:
                  Quola Ilendra - "Come dance in the moonlight with me"

Comment

i need a crossroad where a lot of adventurers gather from time to time and have no guards so my bandit can rob them
                    "Thanks is best given in the form of gold." -Kyle Rendell

Comment

Lately the Druid's Glade has been the "crossroads." I've picked up so much garbage left behind by careless adventurer's...gosh.

I'm glad I was able to see the crossroads long enough to remember it.

...a monastery of npc monks all in fighting stances would be really cool. With a head monk, that you can interact with. It might also attract more monks to Sundren.

There could some hitting bags that were immune to dmg so you could let your frustrations out on it alllll day long. (maybe I should have posted that on the suggestion forum.)
                      Father Perry - "...great, not only do rats carry disease but apparently they explode into a fiery ball of flame.?"

"may your experience here be legendary." - Ipsissimus

Comment

My opinion may go against many here, but I think the debate will be boring if everyone agrees from the start anyway:

I think that we don't need "RP areas" as much as we need "Adventurer areas", because you can RP in the latter but you cannot do adventurer stuff (buy, explore, fight) in the former. Areas like inns and camps are very cool to have and I RP in them a lot too, but they are about always useless unless there is an DM event going on there or there is a "game bait" for players there, as they will seldom be visited otherwise.

Why would I go to the Exigo Camp if there wasn't the goblin-infested Sharahan Hills nearby?
                        Why would I go to Jimmy's if there wasn't a Fight Night?
                        Why would I go to the Exigo Trading Post if I couldn't buy special items there?

I urge the developpers to find gameplay incentives for their "RP areas", lest they will be abandonned even if they have great RP potential, like for exemple the Sundren University or the Mirakus Post. Yes, I have been there once or twice too, and maybe struck a conversation or two with someone. But let's face it, most of the time they're just empty.

Areas need a reason to draw players back to them after the first visit, and RP is not a good reason enough for me. Especially since every additionnal area probably uses one more chunk of server ressources, they should be planned carefully.

Tell me all what you think, and I'll refine my ideas meanwhile and repost later.
                        Drado Nackle, gnome scholar of the Weave
                        Roger Datson, swashbuckler and booty-seeker
                        "Mercy? You wanted mercy?! I'M CHAOTIC NEUTRAL!!!"

Comment

That's where the quest system will come into play.
                          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Heh, well if currenly empty areas become related to a faction or another through the Quest System, then I've got nothing else to say. It's perfect. ^^ Because areas would become quest "hubs" in the gameplay sense for players interested into that faction, characters with alike ideals will gather in those areas for a chat and a hand in quests. *thumbs up*
                            Drado Nackle, gnome scholar of the Weave
                            Roger Datson, swashbuckler and booty-seeker
                            "Mercy? You wanted mercy?! I'M CHAOTIC NEUTRAL!!!"

Comment

Isnt every area an RP area on an RP server?

I was on with a pc today and came across another player, who told me they wouldnt party up with me as it would ruin their xp and theres no one to RP with (so they wanted to grind). I actually found it a little insulting, and it adds to my view that theres plenty of folks whos so-called RP does go right out the window when they leave the so-called RP areas. Folks need to get over this.

Exigo Trading Post and Hall is great, good 'neutral' ground. Sharahan Hills are defo improved.
                              "Im a hero hunter, I hunt heroes... I havn't found any yet"

Comment

Working...
                              X